this is a nice modern hotel. the rooms were larger than the royal plaza on scotts. as is common with Singapore we had to get 2 rooms for our family of 4 - we were lucky to get adjoining rooms. this hotel has some restaurants but they are pricey if you are wanting to dine with younger kids. for this reason I would recommend trying to find a deal that includes the buffet breakfast. we didn't have the breakfast and ate in the ''market place'' which is the hotels limited selection breakfast restaurant. this is good value but I found that with kids it is better to fill them with the buffet then you can snack for lunch.
the hotel is quirky it has glass lifts and a pond with dining pods on the ponds. amused the kids no end. it also has a great pool area for kids. Singapore is really humid and by mid afternoon the kids are usually ready for some down time. there is a rather large pool area with deep and shallow ends. perfect.
it is connected to both the marina mall which is small but has some dining options - this mall connects all the way thru the marina bay orchid to the waterfront where there are other dining options and where you can see the merlion and the water show from the marina bay sands at night. on the other side it connects to the suntec mall which is much bigger than you first think. this mall has shopping food halls and restaurants and a train stn.
it is really easy to get around using the trains they are super efficient. all the hop on hop off buses and the night safari leave from the front of the suntec mall.
my suggestion when visiting Singapore, if you are flexible in your travel times, try and travel here during the week rather than the weekend. on the weekend everything from the train stations to the zoo to sentosa island gets really busy.
if you are going to go to universal studios make sure you spend the extra $50 per ticket and get the fast pass. it might sound extravagant on top of your entry fee, but otherwise you will be there for 5 hours and spend all that time in queues. with the fast pass you sail to the front every time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marina Bay and Singapore's Central Business District, Pan Pacific Singapore provides newly-renovated rooms and suites with panoramic views of the city skyline. Linked via skybridge to three shopping malls and Suntec City Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, guests will be surrounded by iconic attractions within walking distance including the ArtScience Museum, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay integrated resort and Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Leisure and business travellers will enjoy a superb choice of dining, entertainment and cultural atractions. Within the hotel, 6 signature award-winning restaurants, an outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre offer options to dine and unwind at. The Promenade mrt station located within five minutes' walking distance offers utmost convenience and connectivity to the city and a complimentary weekday shuttle bus operates around the Marina Bay Financial Centre route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Pan Pacific Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific