I went wondering how the old PP could be the top pick for trip Advisor reviewers - how would it stand out from all the other big box hotels in the area? Well after a four-day weekend with wife and kids, I can only join in all the other reviewers praising this place. Great service, great rooms, great hotel.
I would add that their pool side service is first class. All those free bottles of iced water. The gym has a good range of work out equipment in a largish space. The Rang Mahal Indian restaurant has fabulously good Indian food. Zambuca has good Italian food but a strained relationship between the kitchen and the staff. The Global Kitchen restaurant is good for the breakfast buffet, but dinner was more pedestrian (limited choice and not great execution on my roast salmon and prawn). Go for the burgers which looked terrific. On the other hand, the 25% early bird discount is perfect for families with kids - and my daughter says their banana split is the best she has ever had - and she is an expert. Had brunch at the Hai Tien Lo cantonese restaurant. The ordering system - a 'virtual' buffet you pick from a menu - takes some understanding. But the food has excellent interpretations of the usual Cantonese fair - and some interesting extras. Son says best duck he has ever tasted and he was born and raised in Hong Kong.
Personally I found the bed a bit hard - but the rooms were large, well appointed and newly refurbished.
But the staff make the place and it is reassuring to know that staff in hotels can be genuinely warm, friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marina Bay and Singapore's Central Business District, Pan Pacific Singapore provides newly-renovated rooms and suites with panoramic views of the city skyline. Linked via skybridge to three shopping malls and Suntec City Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, guests will be surrounded by iconic attractions within walking distance including the ArtScience Museum, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay integrated resort and Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Leisure and business travellers will enjoy a superb choice of dining, entertainment and cultural atractions. Within the hotel, 6 signature award-winning restaurants, an outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre offer options to dine and unwind at. The Promenade mrt station located within five minutes' walking distance offers utmost convenience and connectivity to the city and a complimentary weekday shuttle bus operates around the Marina Bay Financial Centre route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pan Pacific Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific