“A nice hotel”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #14 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The service I experienced was great. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. The room was okay. I have stayed in bigger rooms. However, it was big enough for our family. The location is right in the middle of the city. And if you want to go somewhere else, the cab fares are cheap.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2009

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The property is beautful (the central atrium which goes up to the top floor is quite spectacular). We had a Panorama room which has floor to ceiling windows. We overlooked Singapore. The cleanliness and facilities in the room are top notch. The bathroom is particularly lush.
The service was spot on throughout our 4 nights there. They are particularly accommodating on check out if you have a late flight, you can have a late check out or use of a hospitality room to freshen up before you head to the airport. In a great location, within walking distance of CBD, very close to Raffles, and can walk to Chinatown if you don't mind walking 20 mins in the heat. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to City Hall MTR, and you can go undercover the whole way should you choose to.
It has the best buffet breakfast I have ever seen.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2009

What an amazing experience, this is definatley one of the many examples when Trip Advisor gets it right. This place is amazing.

Had heard some reports that it may have been a little dated, however that is OLD news. This place is completely renovated and is one of the better hotels in Singapore.

The service was great and the overall stay was wonderful, also at a very reasonable price!!

Highly recommend the Pan Pacific, just wish I could have stayed on longer!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

because internet packages and breakfast & internet packages were available for less than I am paying through the hotel for no internet, no breakfast. I had thought I was registering for a room with free internet when I registered through the hotel, but apparently I did not. Nobody asked me if I wanted the internet or breakfast package when I checked in. I found out the hard way that I had no internet. Well, that knocks a star off the rating, because otherwise it is a lovely hotel with lovely staff.

2  Thank luccasabbatical
PPSINGCS, Manager, Guest Care Services at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2009

Dear luccasabbatical,

Thank you for the time you had taken to share your experiences. With continuous feedback, we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

Our apologies that we had failed to inform you of your room package, resulting in the shortfall. Your preference for in room internet and breakfast to be inclusive in your room package is well noted and I would like to invite you to contact me directly at jwong@panpacific.com on your next visit to facilitate your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Singapore soon.

Regards,
Jennifer Wong
Manager, Guest Care Services

Reviewed 8 October 2009

How could this hotel be well rated? What a dump. Worn out, noisy, very middle of the road business hotel. We were shown our room, small, dirty, smelly and completely unaccpetable. We switched hotels. When we checked out 20 minutes after we checked in they offered us the penthouse for 2500 SGD per night. Not an option. Surrounding the hotel were plenty of ladies of the night, so maybe that's why the hotel is well rated. Not a place to bring your spouse! Avoid!!

3  Thank susafoxSeattle
Reviewed 8 October 2009

They surprised my wife and w/ a bouquet of fresh flowers at the front desk when we got there because my travel agent informed them we were on our honeymoon. That pretty much set the tone for how we were treated the whole time we were there. They also gave us a free upgrade to the a "Platinum" room, which are all the rooms at the upper levels. We were on the 22nd floor (or something like that). The platinum rooms were higher, had outdoor balconies, and amazing views of the Singapore skyline. They even had their own set of elevators so you wouldn't have to wait ages to get up to your room (only those with room keys on those floors could even call for those elevators).

The first night we were there, we returned to find not only the standard turn down service, but also a gorgeous chocolate cake that said "Happy Honeymoon" and also a large plate of fresh exotic fruits. It was sooo nice and really made us feel like special guests.

The rooms are very modern. Ours even had remote control blinds. The entertainment center even let you hook up your iPod to the TV and watch your movies on it, or play your music throughout the room. The morning brunch is excellent. Plenty of variety of both Western fare as well as Asian food. It was included w/ our room. The swimming pool and area are fantastic. The location could not be beat as it was close to everything and even attached to a really nice mall w/ plenty of dining and shopping options nearby.

All in all, this is one of the absolute best experiences I have ever had in a hotel and I've done plenty of traveling w/ 30 countries on 5 continents under my belt to compare, including some VERY nice hotels. It's about the best service you could ever imagine w/ out staying in a small hotel or B&B. And it was a great value for the price!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I'll be short. This was a very good hotel with excellent rooms and friendly staff. My only complaint was the unavailability of coffee. Before 8:00 am, you're only option is to pay $35 for the buffet or $10 for a cup of coffee. There is no instant coffee in the rooms although there is a hotpot for boiling water.

There is a Starbucks a block from the hotel but they don't open until 8:00. Further away (15 minute walk) there is a McDonalds a 24 hour Starbucks.

1  Thank Eights-n-Aces
PPSINGCS, Manager, Guest Care Services at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2009

Dear Eights-n-Aces,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for selecting Pan Pacific Singapore as your hotel while you were here. We remain committed to being the hotel of choice for our guests and strive to exceed guests’ expectations where we can.

I’d like to take this opportunity to share with you that coffee and tea amenities are provided in all our guestrooms, located within the side compartments of the TV cabinets. We sincerely regret that this facility was not highlighted to you while you were staying with us.

Please feel free to contact me at jwong.sin@panpacific.com if I may further assist you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,