Having read some great reviews here, stayed at the Pan Pacific for a few nights recently.
Very impressive lobby with a view all the way up the centre of the building. Location is ok, though realistically you end up getting a taxi to and from everywhere. Arrived late night, and check in was fine - quick and friendly. Room was on a high floor. Great views across to the city, and balconey is a good size. But its set quite far in from an overhang so not as good as it might be. Pretty standard fixtures and fittings. Comfy bed, nice flat screen, electronic blinds. Air con very good (ie very cold!). Bathroom was fine. Slightly strange shower but good size and decent power. Amenities usual sort of stuff.
On the food front, only had breakfast there and again good standard. First morning ended up in the Global Kitchen restaurant more by accident than design. Decent selection at the buffet. Was there around 9.30 - it was busy but not chaotic. The second morning ate at the business lounge on 22nd floor. Far superior, nice and quiet, pretty view, excellent service. It was part of my package and i'd recommend it. Have eaten in the Indian restaurant there on a previous trip and it was superb. However the same cannot be said for Mortons - avoid.
Pool area nice too. Good size, and water quite cool - so its very refreshing on a hot muggy day. Not like diving into a bowl of soup you sometimes get in Asia!
So overall no complaints. But not overwhelmed either. Would agree with earlier post that while it does tick all the boxes it doesnt quite get over the line for me. Staff very pleasant, but the hotel itself is getting a little tired. On the basis of the good deal I got its certainly an option, but don't feel the need to be rushing back otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marina Bay and Singapore's Central Business District, Pan Pacific Singapore provides newly-renovated rooms and suites with panoramic views of the city skyline. Linked via skybridge to three shopping malls and Suntec City Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, guests will be surrounded by iconic attractions within walking distance including the ArtScience Museum, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay integrated resort and Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Leisure and business travellers will enjoy a superb choice of dining, entertainment and cultural atractions. Within the hotel, 6 signature award-winning restaurants, an outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre offer options to dine and unwind at. The Promenade mrt station located within five minutes' walking distance offers utmost convenience and connectivity to the city and a complimentary weekday shuttle bus operates around the Marina Bay Financial Centre route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pan Pacific Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific