8,895 results
All reviewsmarina baybalcony roomthe club loungesuntec cityour honeymoonexcellent hotelbuffet breakfastlate checkhigh floorshopping mallan upgradebusiness hotelraffles hotelmrt stationsorchard roadatriumgym
Reviewed 9 September 2010

The Hotel:

The hotel is very tall, and has 35 floors. A glass elevator takes you up to your rooms.

There are about 700 rooms.

Once you arrive you have to go up an escalator to get to the check-in desk.

My Room:

The room door opens with a key card, (it was the first one I ever saw), and the first time I tried to use it, it took me a few tries, to get into the room!

The bedroom was decorated in shades on light yellow to gold. It had a queen sized bed, with two night tables next to it.

The closet was a medium sized one, with a safe in it. There was a wood dresser with three drawers below it, and a TV on top.

By the window, (that overlooked the canal), there was a table and two chairs.

There was a mini bar, and a desk, that had a lamp, telephone and a computer port on it.

The Bathroom:

The bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom. There was a walk in shower stall, that had a seat. You could use it as a steam bath.

The bath tub could hold two people....where was my husband when I needed him? On the tap was another shower head, so you could wash your back.

There were two sinks in a long counter. On the counter was a vase of fresh flowers and a basket of full of shampoo, conditioner, after bath lotion, and talcum powder.

The mirror was as long as the counter. There was a non-mist small pull out mirror that was on the end near the door. Next to it was a hair drier.

Next to the toilet was a telephone. The towels were thick terry cloth, and the ones you used after taking a bath or a shower would cover a twin bed. When I put one over my head, it when to the floor.

Restaurants:

The Atrium Lounge, is where I had breakfast every morning. It becomes a bar at noon. The best time to go to the bar is between 5pm-6pm, when they serve 2 for 1 drinks, and free canapes.

I at once at both the Hai Tien Lo Cantonese Restaurant and the Keyaki Japanese Restaurant.

There is a Disco that stays open late at night, not many places do, so most of the Canadians, met there for a night cap.

I Used:

The out door swimming pool, newsstand and concierge service.

I Didn’t Use:

The Spa, Gym or Tennis Courts.

The Owners:

All Pan Pacific Hotels are owned by the Tokyu Company, based in Japan. I have stayed at their hotels in Mexico City, San Francisco and Vancouver.

Location:

The Suntec Mall is attached to the hotel, and I didn’t have far to walk to buy my husband a chop, (seal), for our anniversary.

You walk across a ramp to get to the other side of the street. This is where the Millennium Walk Mall, where they sell tourist items, and I bought my children and grandchildren T-shirts there.

Important Information:

7 Raffles Boulevard,
Marina Square,
Singapore 039595,
Singapore.

[-]

My Final Thoughts:

I loved staying at this hotel. The room rate is over $250.00, so I hope your company will pay for you to stay here. If you are going to Singapore I hope you’ll consider staying here.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2010

great location, average room..superb bathroom...
if u cannot choose room with a view to marina bay, ask for pool side view...
around the hotel there are many food court so, if you are travel alone, do not too worry too much aboout reserve the room without breakfast...

internet in the hotel is not cheap..but u can always buy local phone number with data traffic...be aware you have to choose either data or call...no mixed solution afaik...
do not buy from starhub..try m1 or sintel instead..i bought one from starhub and the connection in the hotel in the 12th floor is not very stable..

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Wow! Is this the best hotel in the world for the budget traveller or what? The hotel is located some 20min/20SGD (£1 = approx 2SGD, better rate in Singapore than in London) from the airport (with taxi standards as similar to those in London) and the reception was very efficient in checking me in. They even checked on me if the room was quiet enough as requested; despite being too tired to change the room they convinced me to move to the 28th floor, 2812 with the trendiest room I have ever seen: lots of mirrors in the large bathroom with a very cool shower, also a bath to relax after the long day, huge bed and those amazing views stretching from the Flyer and Sand’s Bay hotel to the towers of the City. Kettle and free bottles of water: now officially I have the most unused travelling mini kettle in the world.

Negatives:
1.The only thing I can think of was the noise coming from the road outside but rather than counting sheep I induced myself into thinking it was a big artesian. After all, I was sleeping every night with those amazing views, plus lots of other people in the Mandarin opposite were having to put up with much more than me.
2.I wish I was able to turn the taps in the bath with my toes just the way I do it home: just kidding. The permanent smile on my face told me I could not ask for anything more. The hotel brought everything to perfection: from the happy and I hope sincere receptionist and Concierge to the House Keeping or Executive Floor which allowed me to relax in their Guest Room (after checking out) for some 90min, have a bath after the best Foot massage I had at Kenco spa and refresh before my long flight to London (after using their PC free to check in for my flight)

Tips:
1.I found the buildings that house the Singapore Art Museum and National museum of Singapore more interesting than the exhibitions, however the Asian Civilisation Museum was brilliant
2.The malls on Orchard road are overrated with European designer stuff but the walk was very nice
3.Walk to the Singapore flyer and have a ride for 30SGD then check the views from the amazing Sand’s park on top of the Sand’s hotel for 20SGD or check the huge Casino opposite the road. Walk back through an area that is going to be the most amazing when finished
4.If in mood for trying a fish spa or having a great Foot massage (45min for 50SGD) cross the road from the hotel using the bridge and before entering the mall you will see Kenco massage spa (that is a hit with the locals of any social structure). Cross the Marina Mall and Esplanade mall if going to the Marina or Raffles City Mall if taking the underground from the City Hall to reach the Singapore zoo via Ang Mo Kio station (then some 40min bus ride at 1.80SGD)
5.And if still having lots of energy and if the entrance staff fancies you, check out The Altitude Bar at OUB building near Battery road of Raffles Quay which styles itself as the highest open bar in the world and truthfully speaking with amazing views. Also check the cool bar at the trendy Fullerton Bay hotel (right opposite the Sand’s hotel), or all the bars and restaurants nearby that seems to be the area to be after working hard during the day in the towers nearby (with prices slightly lower than those in London, from 14-18SGD).

I loved Singapore so much I cannot wait to go back, anyone in need for a travel companion?

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 5 September 2010

My wife and here stayed at the Pan Pacific for three nights on a return journey from Europe and enjoyed the opportunity to relax in luxury before we hit the daily grind back home. The place isn't the cheapest place to stay in town, and Singapore is no longer cheap! The room was spacious, exceptionally clean and offered a great view of the Marina Bay precinct and the CBD skyline. Breakfast was huge (you could eat there all day and still not try everything). The location was great with the metro station able to be reached without leaving the a/c. I'd stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Having read some great reviews here, stayed at the Pan Pacific for a few nights recently.

Very impressive lobby with a view all the way up the centre of the building. Location is ok, though realistically you end up getting a taxi to and from everywhere. Arrived late night, and check in was fine - quick and friendly. Room was on a high floor. Great views across to the city, and balconey is a good size. But its set quite far in from an overhang so not as good as it might be. Pretty standard fixtures and fittings. Comfy bed, nice flat screen, electronic blinds. Air con very good (ie very cold!). Bathroom was fine. Slightly strange shower but good size and decent power. Amenities usual sort of stuff.

On the food front, only had breakfast there and again good standard. First morning ended up in the Global Kitchen restaurant more by accident than design. Decent selection at the buffet. Was there around 9.30 - it was busy but not chaotic. The second morning ate at the business lounge on 22nd floor. Far superior, nice and quiet, pretty view, excellent service. It was part of my package and i'd recommend it. Have eaten in the Indian restaurant there on a previous trip and it was superb. However the same cannot be said for Mortons - avoid.

Pool area nice too. Good size, and water quite cool - so its very refreshing on a hot muggy day. Not like diving into a bowl of soup you sometimes get in Asia!

So overall no complaints. But not overwhelmed either. Would agree with earlier post that while it does tick all the boxes it doesnt quite get over the line for me. Staff very pleasant, but the hotel itself is getting a little tired. On the basis of the good deal I got its certainly an option, but don't feel the need to be rushing back otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo