We have visited Singapore for work and leisure many times over the last 10 years and have sampled many hotel styles in different price ranges but mainly 4-5 star. We stayed at this hotel in March 2012 for 3 nights and again in April for 7 nights......just marvellous. We stayed on the Royal Club floor, initially in a standard room and on the second visit upgraded on a promotional offer to an Executive room. Both were fine with more space in the Executive room.
We checked in at the Club lounge, welcomed with a cool drink and seamless efficiency.
The rooms are comfortable as are the beds. Bathrooms not particularly large but adequate, well maintained and clean. The minibar fridge is kept stocked with soft drinks and beer and some chocolate biscuits.....all free and maintained daily.
The staff in all areas of the hotel are very helpful. We had most interaction with the Club lounge staff who were friendly, attentive and happy to advise re sightseeing or other activities. High tea starts at 3pm and must be sampled at least once if your waistline can stand it, and the cocktails with excellent snacks could replace an evening meal if you have had a hard day by the pool or sightseeing.
Located close to the junction of Scotts and Orchard Roads, opposite an excellent shopping mall and 5 minute walk to the Orchard MRT. Very easy access to everything by MRT in Singapore and we only took the taxi to go to the zoo with our grandchildren who we were visiting, and to go to the airport when we were leaving.
We did not use the pool but understand it is Ok.
We just loved everything about this place. It is very, very busy.....lots of business traffic and lots of Asian guests......the main foyer is large, with adequate seating and a great vibe. However once in the Club lounge or your room all is tranquil. Strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford the Royal Club floor that provides excellent value for money in central Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free Wi-Fi and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel, or try out our delicious ice-cream at our newly-opened ice-cream counter. Enjoy exclusive access to 24-hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to key business and financial areas such as Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore