As other reviewers have pointed out, this is really no more than a 3 star hotel. It's an excellent location close to Orchard Road, shopping malls, restaurants and the MRT. The rooms are a reasonable size. However my room was dark - the window looked out on the concrete of the neighbouring building, the air conditioning is damp and mildew smelling and the much vaunted free minibar is pretty minimal. The in room Nespersso is a nice touch though. But it misses the mark on other things; lighting in the room is either excessively bright and flourescent or dismally dark, there is no clock and the drains are very noisy. Service is generally good - the staff are for the most part very friendly. However at breakfast the restaurant seems to be overwhelmed. Buffet dishes are not refilled very quickly, it can take a bit of a wait to get seated and on my last day there, the staff bizarrely decided to seat another person with me ( I was alone) and when I questioned the waiter on it he said there was another table available for me. There are lots of hotels in Singapore, although prices there are high and this hotel is in the mid-range of prices. But apparently you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel or try out our delicious Artisan cupcakes by Gourmet Carousel. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Food & Hotel Asia 2016, Great Singapore Sale and CommunicAsia 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Agoda, Preferred Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore