“Try it , u will like it,”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #44 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed for a night. Awesome experience! A very warm and friendly greeting.Superbly clean and spacious bathroom, comfortable king size bed and spacious superior room. Free unlimited wifi, minibars, in-room nespresso machine. Great staff, excellent buffet breakfast. 100% halal certified carousel restaurant, Walking distance to shopping centre.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,520)

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We loved it here. There were some great shopping centers across the road for either budget or up market. Just walked out the front door and we were right in amongst it all. The hotel staff were great and the room was very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've just spent a long weekend at Royal on Plaza with a friend and we were both very impressed with the cleanliness and quality of service.

The buffet each day was alarming & the location was very convenient to all the major shops on orchard road.

Only thing is we had a bit of confusion with the rates. It was displayed as total cost then with service and tax but then stated that it was included (which it was not) They should look at wording it clearer.

Room Tip: Even tho they are renovating, we had no issues with noise. We went during the smog period and the ro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank esnam
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I would like to thank Mr David the staff of Royal Plaza on Scotts hotel for his kind help on explaining about the hotel and other stuffs in terms of places to go shopping. Mr David is very kind and sincere that he even provide a map and marked those interesting places like Marina Bay Sand and others. Im really satisfied for his services. Because of his help im really enjoying my stay in RP and had a great time in SG.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Mardhati77
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have just returned from 8 nights and 9 days in Singapore travelling with my 72 year old (young)
mum. We have stayed at the RPS now four times. My mum will not stay anywhere else and I can't blame her.
The Hotel location is absolutely perfect it is right on the corner or Orchard and Scotts has the MRT Orchard 100m out the front. It has over bridge crossing if you prefer which also links you straight to Far East Plaza which in my opinion is better than Lucky Plaza.

If you can afford to stretch your budget just a little you must must stay at the Club Rooms. The RPS's Club Rooms are absolute perfection. The breakfast options in the Club Rooms are more than adequate but if you feel the need to stuff yourself senseless the breakfast buffet downstairs is a food frenzy of choices. The Club rooms also offer a high tea commencing at 3pm-5pm. Tea or Coffee is served with a tower of sandwiches and sweet treats. After a full day of exploring and shopping the Hotel offers a complimentary Cocktail, Champagne, Beer or Wine option as well as a mini smorgasbord of canapés. Unfortunately the RPS food at this evening delight is so good that my mum and I did not venture out in the evening for dinner once. Sad some might say but the options available to us after 10 hrs walking.........it was a no brainer. We adjourned to a room and enjoyed magnificent bath/shower with excellent hot water supply. A bit of tele talk to love ones at home and slid into our beds which are to die for.

The staff at the RPS are extremely helpful and polite. They are all very willing to help you.
Just one negative don't choose this hotel if the swimming pool atmosphere is important to you. Although the Hotel has one it has no atmosphere and is mainly in the shade. We don't go to Singapore with the pool in mind though. If I was going to Bali and the RPS was an option for accommodation then I would not choose it because of the pool.

Thank you again Royal Plaza on Scotts my mum and I look forward to staying with you again next year. Can't wait for the renovations to be complete to see the improvements.

Room Tip: Club Rooms they are on the 13th, 14th and 15th floor. If you would like a turn down service aparent...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jessie001
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have never in all my years been taken back by the service, staff,ambiance and sheer decadence of a beautiful hotel and restaurant.

I had the Princess's Suite which I can honestly say I have never in all the years of traveling the world had anything like it.

The General Manager couldn't do enough for me - The Head of Housekeeping made sure that every wish was fulfilled. I assure you I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world - but this is my all time favorite.

Room Tip: Just turn up and they will look after you I promise you
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RaymondWarrey
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I was staying in the hotel on business on my forth trip to Singapore. I have stayed at different locations in the city and this is by far the best hotel and I must recommend you to stay here!
The reason why it is so special:

- Service: The level of service is outstanding, nothing is too small and everything is done instantly. I used the pressing facility at the hotel which saved hassle. I used Wi-Fi in the hotel which was at lightning speed and I asked for directions, taxis, alarm calls all was done without issue.

- Location: central, located next to shops, transport links, cinema, restaurants and Orchid Road. This is the place you want to be if you want to experience the real Singapore.

- Staff: From the front desk to the maids that clean the room, everyone greats you with a smile and is more than helpful. The attitude and ethos of the hotel shines through and you feel part of the family.

- Cleanliness - The house keeping team was standout and they are consistent and hard working; they never stop and do everything to the highest standing.

- Carousel restaurant – Food is fantastic, buffet is outstanding value for money. Best place to eat in my opinion in Singapore.

- Outdoor swimming pool – located on the fifth floor, was tranquil and relaxing. Seemed a million miles away from the buzz of the city.

I highly recommend this as a hotel to stay in while you are in Singapore. You can relax in comfort and luxury while being in a central location with public transport easily accessible if needed.

Outstanding!