“Never Disappointed”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #43 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We have stayed a the RP On Scotts several times now, even when it was the Holilday Inn Scotts Rd in the 80's and have never had a bad or disappointing experience. The staff are always happy to assist and are friendly and very knowledgeable. We always book a club room as this is the best value. Breakfast,afternoon tea and supper is included and the club rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Good quality fittings in the rooms and bathrooms, always clean and fresh towels, even changed through the day if they have been used. Toiletries are very good quality and the nespresso coffee machine is a bonus. Well worth the extra $$ to stay in a club room. We are going back to Singapore in May and once again staying at the RP on Scotts.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy F
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Wendy F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such kind feedback.

I am extremely happy to hear that all your previous experiences with us have been rewarding. It is our pleasure to have you back with us each time! The Royal Club team is happy to take care of you.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in May – indeed, the afternoon tea and supper offered in the club lounge is a privilege many of our regular guests love! I am pleased to see you are not an exception and we are honoured to be able to host you.

Looking forward to having you with us again!

Patrick Fiat

Write a ReviewReviews (4,518)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Having stayed at Royal Plaza numerous times over the years, It's always my go to hotel if the rates aren't too high. Location is amazing placing you within walking distance of shopping centers, Orchard Rd, MRT.

The interior of the hotel is getting a little old now, however still good enough to be rated a 5 star hotel.

Not much negatives but the staff is sometimes not the friendliest, but overall they are ok. And the restaurant, although amazing can be a little pricey.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Amr B,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am happy to hear that you have returned to stay with us on several occasions – do book with us directly at our website for the best value rates! The best deals and promotions are always there and we would love to have you stay with us again.

We will take note of your inputs and encourage our staff to be more candid with our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We would like to thank the staff in the Club Rooms during our stay in Singapore we received wonderful service from all of the club staff but we would like to make a special mention of Siva who went out of his way to make us feel at home.
I would like to Thank the house-keeping for finding some of my clothing items and lost and found releasing it so a taxi could convey it to me, I Thankyou all for helping me, it is just an example of the smooth operation of this Hotel 100% Great Team.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Wendy O,

Thank you for leaving us a kind review!

I would be most delighted to pass on your thanks to the Royal Club team. I will personally pass my commendation to Siva for making your stay a more comfortable one by making you feel more at home. We are always aiming to be our guests’ “home away from home”, and I am pleased to hear that this has been carried across during your stay.

Similarly, I will be conveying your gratitude to our housekeeping team. I am relieved to hear you were able to recover your lost items! You are most welcome – it was our pleasure to take care of you. Please return to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My anniversary stay at the RP was one truly to be remembered for! Everyone was friendly and professional right from the housekeeping staff all the way to the managers! Was upgraded to Royal Club Premiere when they knew I was celebrating my anniversary, that was a great touch! Dined at their award-winning restaurant for dinner and breakfast, was not dissapointed, amazing spreads and quality dishes! Thanks again to RP for making my anniversary stay a memorable one!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear syedabdillah,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am glad you had a memorable stay with us at Royal Plaza. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to all our service teams who helped contribute to making this a lovely stay for you. I am delighted to hear that you had the chance to enjoy dining at Carousel twice as well. I hope you enjoyed the dinner spread! It is our most impressive spread out of all the meal periods available.

Do return to stay with us soon and before you know it, we may be celebrating yet another anniversary for you!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed previously in November 2012 and returned again in February 2014. Many of the same staff were in the club room. They instantly recognized us and seemed genuinely pleased to see us again. We were allocated a quiet club floor room which was excellent. The club lounge provides a really friendly efficient service with reasonable buffet breakfast choices and evening drinks and food items. We were made to feel very comfortable by the attentive waiting staff. - No Singapore Slings this time - but do try one - they are better than those served in the Long Bar at Raffles!

As others have mentioned, the location is excellent: close to the subway and only 5 mins walk from Orchard Rd.

Another enjoyable visit this time - thanks to all the staff. Stay in a club floor room and you want get better service and value in Singapore

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the entrance, its been remodeled. Stay in a club floor room if finances wil...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sejlane,

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Thank you for leaving us a lovely review and for choosing to return to stay with us! It was also a pleasure for us to have you with us at the Royal Club again. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed breakfast in the lounge and that our service teams were able to assist in ensuring you had a comfortable stay.

We hope you will return soon to enjoy our location on the iconic Orchard shopping belt – you can always come back to rest at the hotel when tired out from shopping! Here’s looking forward to welcoming you back to Singapore soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed for 6 nights and we had a pleasant stay. We requested a quiet room and have been upgraded to a Premier room at 12 floor, facing another building which was perfect as we were leaving in the morning and coming back at night. For the first time I could sleep every night without any problem, good insulation between the rooms and the bed was perfect too.
The breakfast was good and you could find something for everyone, the soup at the Chinese station is to die for, a must try. Lady at the station is very friendly too. The room was cleaned every day and everything replenished some days better then others.
The service is non existent from our point of view, I gave them a 5 star because the room was so quiet and that is a main factor wherever I stay. Thanks for a good week.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ela019,

Thank you for your kind review! I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable rest in our hotel. I hope it helped you start your morning refreshed!

I will be sure to forward your kind compliments for our Food & Beverage team to commend the spread put forward for breakfast during your stay. If I may add, I do hope you get the chance to try the dinner spread on your next visit to Singapore! It is even more impressive and I am sure it would be to your liking.

You are most welcome! It was our pleasure hosting you and we hope that you will stay with us again – our staff would love to interact with you more on your next stay!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel only because the last time it was booked as a "Mystery Hotel" - (rated 4 1/2 stars, I think it is self rated!) and I wasn't allowed to cancel the booking without losing my money. The hotel is not much more than a budget hotel with 4 1/2 star prices. The hotel is dated and needs an upgrade. We stayed there for a week and our room wasn't vacuumed once while we were there. Things were just not up to standard!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bernadette1954

Dear Bernadette1954,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us.

I regret to hear that you had a disappointing experience with our hotel, in that our standards did not measure up to our ratings. I also understand that you had previously booked via a promotional rate, and these usually come with cancellation conditions that we try to communicate at the point of booking to avoid any disappointments.

If you could be so kind as to drop us a note with your stay details, we will be able to carry out an investigation of the room you stayed in. Your feedback has been forwarded to our housekeeping team and we will ensure that they are vigilant in their duties. We do hope you will give us another chance to show that we can do better.