Royal Plaza on Scotts
Hotels.com
US$301
US$292
  • Pool
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$779
US$522
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$105
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$128
US$124
4,635 results
All reviewsfree mini barcarousel restaurantorchard roadthe royal club loungenespresso machinepremiere roomfar east plazaion orchardreplenished dailyfree wifishopping districtnon smokingexcellent locationbuffet breakfastcentral locationrain showermrt station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at Royal Plaza for 4 nights on a business trip to Singapore. Herewith my observations:

1) Price vs value was excellent. We book directly on hotel website and got better deal than on most booking sites and in comparison with rates on other 5 star hotels Royal Plaza on Scott is a good choice.
2) It is a TOTALLY NON SMOKING hotel. There are no smoking rooms which for us as non-smokers was great. So if you are a smoker this hotel may not be for you.
3) Location is fantastic. Located just off Orchard Road it is smack in the middle of the famous Singapore shopping district. Do some good research on restaurants before you come as you dont really see them from the street - and food in Singapore is of course rediculously expensive - some of the most expensive I have ever come across. We did find some reasonably priced Indian and other restaurants nearby on Tripadvisor. Taxis come by the hotel all the time so we never really had problems getting taxis either.
4) Breakfast was good. It apparently won 'best breakfast buffet' award in Singapore for a number of years. I would not quite agree - but perhaps because I would be judging it from a western point of view. But even for westerners there are plenty of options and a great breakfast. You may have to wait a short while to find tables if you come at the wrong time Personally I think they should either get more tables or not allow outside visitors as hotel guests often line up waiting for seats which is unacceptable in my opinion.
5) Staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful and courteous - I wish more hotels could be like this
6) Room was clean, bed comfortable and in-room wi-fi for multiple devices was quite good. View was not nice - you just looked into a car parcade but we hardly spent time in the room so no big deal for us.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely consider staying there again in future (although I did see there are hotels offering half board which we may consider as food in Singapore is RIDICULOUSLY expensive).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PE_Travelmeister
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear WGreeff,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed a good deal – do book with us directly at our website for the best rates! You can always find the best deals and promotions on our hotel website.

I am glad you enjoyed our excellent location and our non-smoking policy throughout the hotel. We are a 100% smoke-free environment so that our guests can enjoy fresh clean air during their stay with us!

I regret to hear that you were inconvenienced in the waiting time for breakfast. We have since looked into increasing the seating capacity at Carousel and hope this reduces the waiting time imposed on our guests. However, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

We appreciate the recommendation and will continue to strive to bring a great service experience to all our guests. We look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

excellent well situated and very comfortable hotel in the heart of everything a visitor wants for business and leisure. caters for hallal chice with a variety of foods and excellent selection very tasty food for all pallets

Room Tip: book in advance get full quickly
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 309Imtiaz

Dear 309Imtiaz,

Thank you for your kind feedback! I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our excellent location; it is indeed convenient for both business and leisure guests.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food at Carousel. I do hope that you get the chance to also try our dinner buffet on your next visit with us– it is a lot more impressive and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great Location right in the heart of the shopping area of Orchard Road. Very comfortable stay. Free Minibar was refreshing and the checkin and checkout process was a breeze. I was really happy to get my room upgraded and also with the option of checking in early at 8am and checking out late at 9pm without the additional day charge.

Room Tip: Request a room upgrade in your booking. You will be surprised at check in to get a room upgrade if they are available
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sayed F
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Sayed F,

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts!

I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel’s location on Singapore’s iconic Orchard Shopping belt and that you had a comfortable stay as well. It was our pleasure to be able to accommodate you during your stay – thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I arrived ten O'clock at night and found I had clicked on the wrong month when doing my online booking, so I didn't have a booking. I could see even at that time that the hotel was reasonably full. The reception staff were great, they didn't have the class of room I booked available so they upgraded me free of charge, thank you to RP for that. I stayed 3 nights then went to Cambodia for three nights, came back and had three more nights with RP. Both stays were great, I was looked after extremely well, the service was fast, attentive and yet managed to be unobtrusive, a great combination. The rooms were clean, well maintained with good a/c and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was not the biggest I have ever seen but the shower cubicle was a decent size and hot water seemed to be available all the time.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 967Andy_Dale967

Dear 967Andy_Dale967,

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts!

I am relieved to hear that you were able to have a great stay with us despite the confusion with the booking. You are most welcome – we are glad that we were able to accommodate you and it was our pleasure to host you for so many nights.

Thank you for you kind compliments of our service team – they always strive to ensure that guests are comfortable and well served. I am pleased that they managed to strike a balance between being attentive and unobtrusive. I will also be sure to commend our housekeeping team for ensuring your room cleanliness was maintained in tip-top condition.

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and would love to have you back with us again!

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

For a one night stay to decompress from jet lag between travels it's been a perfect stay. As others say well located for orchard road experience. Room was well designed and other than pillows on steroids very comfortable. There are some nice little touches by way of amenities. The lobby is not its strongest suit -a little on the worn side and not much attention to seating. Pool was lovely but did not use. Staff very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nellie D

Dear Nellie D,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. I hope our location made for a more convenient stay for you and that our service staff were able to ensure your stay was comfortable. I do hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Singapore – we would love to take care of you for a few more nights!