“You cant beat the free minibar! Very convenient hotel. Breakfast buffet is the best in town!”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #47 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

What sold me and my family to this hotel is the complimentary minibar and the breakfast buffet. Thanks to YouTube and TTV, I was able to have a glimpse what the hotel is. This is our first time to stay in this hotel. And we are very much impressed!
In Singapore, bottled water and other drinks are premium. My family practically saved about a good $20 per day just for the drinks they will provide daily for free. Then, the breakfast. You don't need to go anywhere as this hotel boasts to have an award winning restaurant right at the ground floor level. They serve from local to international cuisine which will please every palate. If you are in a rush, they can provide you a breakfast to go, free of charge. This made it so convenient and cost efficient for us especially on our last day, which we were in a hurry to the airport.
The premier room is okay. Our quintessentials were met. We have a comfy king bed, a bath tub and a rain type showerhead, and of course, the safe - very important to keep all our passports and the like.
Overall, this hotel gives the best value out of our buck! THE STAFF ARE VERY COURTEOUS AND FRIENDLY. The next time we visit Singapore, we know where to check in and it's this hotel. Kudos and job well done!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary Josephine G
RoyalPlazaSG, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Mary Josephine G,

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review.
I am glad you had a chance to check us out on Youtube before your stay and that you liked what you saw. You are right to point out that bottled water and drinks are premium in Singapore – this is why many of our guests love the free mini-bar amenities in their room! It is convenient and value-adding, and I am glad that you enjoyed it too.

Your kind words about our award-winning restaurant Carousel, staff and the service we deliver are greatly appreciated. I am glad you had a chance to experience the warmth and hospitality that is synonymous with Carousel.

Once again, thank you for posting such a thoughtful and detailed review. We look forward to taking care of you and your family again at Royal Plaza on Scotts.

There are newer reviews for Royal Plaza on Scotts

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Royal Plaza on Scott has only one thing going for it....it's location! The hotel is very tired and it shows...the corridors are dark and musty. As for the service, the check-in was "just okay" and the staff weren't helpful considering we arrived at midnight after a long delay. The hotel is vey average in their service, appearance and facilities but still charge top dollars for the rooms. I guess the location helped a lot as there are good shopping centres very close to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valrish,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our décor and furnishings.
I am concerned to hear that you were disappointed about the corridors as dark and musty. If you could be so kind as to drop us a note with your stay details, I would like to look into it further.

I am concerned that you were disappointed by the level of service offered by our staff. We have reminded our team to be more mindful about how they interact with guests. Service is our top priority and we genuinely wish to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay with us.

Nevertheless, I am glad our location served you well for your trip. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will be able to give our hotel another chance during your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is great. It's comfortable, clean and welcoming. I stayed here in February 2014 with my cousin in a twin room. The room was huge, we had everything you would expect and more. The beds are extremely comfortable and you have a complimentary nespresso machine to use. The bathroom was also large with a waterfall shower and lovely large white towels.
The pool and sauna are great, never too busy and you also get pool towels that are available to use so you don't have to use your own. We didn't eat at the hotel but the food always smelt delicious as we were passing.
It is in a great location, just minutes away from orchard road and multiple shopping centres and the mrt. Overall a fantastic stay in a great hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GabbiSixx

Dear GabbiSixx

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a glowing review.

I am glad to hear that you and your cousin had a fantastic stay with us in February, and enjoyed the amenities in your room – the luxurious beds, relaxing waterfall shower, large fluffy towels, and in-room Nespresso machine are all aimed at making your stay more comfortable and relaxing. Thank you as well, for your compliments for our pool and sauna.

Being right on Orchard Road and close to many shopping malls, there are plenty of shopping and dining options, and I am happy to learn it served you well during your trip.

I do hope you will have a chance to dine with us again at Carousel on your next visit - it is a shame you did not get to this time! We have won the award for best buffet restaurant by AsiaOne People’s Choice Awards for the 5th consecutive year this year.

Thank you for choosing Royal Plaza on Scotts. Do visit us again should your travels bring you back to Singapore, and we look forward to welcome you then.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family and I just returned from a short Break in Singapore. We stayed at Royal Plaza On Scott. We booked superior room but they upgraded it to executive suite. what a pleasant surprise! We had stayed in RP few times before, each stay was always wonderful. This time was even better ! The staff are v nice and friendly. The location is superb, right in the heart of orchard. Since we go to Singapore quite often, We have made decision that We'd name RP as our home in Singapore. I just can't wait to make A booking for our next trip to Singapore. I'd like to recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Singapore. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HannyOng
RoyalPlazaSG, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear HannyOng,

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! I appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a glowing review. Thank you for staying with us again, and I am glad we had a chance to take care of you and your family during your short break in Singapore.

I appreciate your compliments for our team, and I am glad that you enjoyed the friendly and helpful service from our team. I am also glad that you found our location in the heart of Orchard Road superb, and I hope it served you well during your holiday.

I am delighted that you have decided to name Royal Plaza on Scotts as your home in Singapore. I am thankful for your vote of confidence. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Singapore soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the RP for the 9 nights we were in Singapore to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Check in was smooth and we felt most welcome, the room is fine but not much of a view. Had a disappointing experience after ordering ice from room service - once the ice melted there was filthy water left in the ice bucket! After complaining to the duty manager we had to wait 36 hours for a response (and an apology) - tends to put you off using in room dining.

Went to use the pool one day only to fine it was 'booked' for a private function - this wasn't advertised anywhere so a bit embarrassing when you rock up for a swim!

The entrance to the hotel is undergoing renovations and you have to run the gauntlet of speeding taxis and buses to make the safety of the footpath. The concierge team at the front of the hotel seem obvious to the danger.

Whilst you can't fault the location (close to everything in the central city) I don't think they know how to cater for /want long stay guests.

Other reviews spoke of friendly staff, apart from the housekeeping team we didn't see it - most seemed disinterested and not genuine.

I guess working for a business that operates 2 hotels (4 & 5 star) and 21 bars and restaurants my expectations may be high but you are paying good money.

At the end of the day its about individual choice but I don't think we will choose RP again.

3  Thank Bill T

Dear Bill T,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a comprehensive review. I do regret to hear that your stay with us left you with mixed feelings.

If you could be so kind as to drop us a note with your stay details, I would like to look into it further. I hope that you will be able to give our hotel another chance during your next visit to Singapore. Please drop us a private message so we can follow up on your feedback.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After staying at this hotel a number of times. we were most disappointed on our last visit May 26th. There is no longer any place to relax and enjoy a cup of tea or beer after a days outing. The little bar area up top has been closed and leased out to a restaurant. When we asked at the restaurant for a cup of tea we were told we needed to order room service in our room. When we arrived around midnight and tried to order some soup from room service we were told that the kitchen was closed. Unfortunately we will not be returning to this hotel as there are many other hotels in the area offering a higher standard of customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank _cwil1028

Dear A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your valued feedback. I sincerely regret that you were disappointed with your experience on your recent stay with us.

In order to provide our guests with more dining options, a new Japanese restaurant is now located where Heat used to be. Guests who wish to have drinks can do so at the cocktail tables outside Carousel. I’m sorry that this was not communicated to you prior to your stay.

Do let us know when you plan to be in town again. We hope you decide to give us another chance to show you we can do better and that your loyalty to our hotel is well-placed. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Best value for this hotel is location, it being conveniently located near Orchard Road. The rom we got was small, room view was not too good. However, staff are friendly, fantastic buffet breakfast selection. Great hot shower, with Nespresso coffee machine in our room. Front lobby was under repair, hence a bit of a hustle. Overall, I would say, average place to stay. Good location, but amenities and room size could be better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JulieLee2000,

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for your valued feedback.
I am glad you found value in our convenient location on Orchard Road, and the in-room amenities such as the Nespresso coffee machine. Thank you for your generous compliments for our friendly staff and breakfast selection.

We are currently a few weeks away from the completion of our façade renovation, and we sincerely hope it will make for a more pleasant stay on your return.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us. I hope that you will be able to give our hotel another chance during your next visit to Singapore and we look forward to seeing you then.