“Excellent hotel with a great location”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #43 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Coming into Singapore late at night and getting to the hotel both hungry and thirsty, I was very pleased to find a nicely stocked mini bar to help me out before I headed out to meet my friends. And having a Nespresso machine in the room was a life saver the day after the night before when I had to head to Sentosa on a hangover.

I love shopping so for me the location is great with Orchard just around the corner. The hotel is right next to the MRT as well. Also, not too far in a taxi to get to the best night spots.

My only issue was the waiting time to get a taxi. The number the hotel provides to ring for a taxi was constantly busy too. I managed to get one quicker by walking out to the main road but once I'd figured this out there was no problem.

Overall the staff were friendly, the service was great and the hotel has nice decor when you walk in. Recommended :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RoyalPlazaSG, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Rabanak

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! I appreciate you taking the time to write us a comprehensive and thoughtful review.

The in-room amenities are aimed at bringing convenience and value for our guests, so I am glad to hear that the drinks and snacks in the in-room mini bar was a great help when you arrived hungry and thirsty after a long flight. Even more delighted to learn the in-room Nespresso machine was a life saver for you when you had a hangover the next morning!

Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Patrick Fiat

Write a ReviewReviews (4,576)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've stayed at the Royal Scott several times now. Each time I've been pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the room, and the overall hotel. Also very well placed near Orchard station.

I arrived very early for check-in (8 am), but despite being full the night before, the staff were able to find a room for me within an hour.

I now happily recommend the hotel to friends visiting Singapore.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RoyalPlazaSG, Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear David C

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for returning to stay with us again during your recent trip to Singapore.

I am pleased to hear that you are always satisfied by the size and the quality of the room, and the hotel. Our convenient location near Orchard MRT station is one of our most talked-about benefits, so it is great to know that it served you well during your stay.

Thank you for your recommendation. We sincerely appreciate your vote of confidence, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The lobby of this hotel is beautiful and its location is very convenient to visit the local mall and various eating places and other parts of the city either by walking or by metro, which is only a few minutes walk away. The room was clean and a decent size with a nice choice of snacks and an excellent coffee machine. Upon entering the room we found two towels in the shape of swans with a card and some chocolate wishing us a nice stay which was a lovely gesture.

The selection of breakfast choices including Western and Asian was excellent although you do have to go early to avoid waiting in a long queue-on our way out from breakfast the queue was quite a long one!

Very friendly and polite staff, especially the checking in staff. All in all a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank safya14
RoyalPlazaSG, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear safya14

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a fantastic review.

Our location is one of our most talked-about benefits for our guests – there are plenty of shopping and dining options in the area. And it is so easy to get around to other parts of Singapore with the metro just a few minutes’ walk away. I am glad that it served you well during your trip.

Thank you for your kind compliments for our lobby and room amenities. Great to know that you enjoyed the mini-bar snacks and the Nespresso coffee machine! Glad that you found the breakfast selection at Carousel excellent– if you have a chance, do try our dinner buffet on your next stay! We have just won the award for best buffet restaurant by AsiaOne People’s Choice Awards for the 5th consecutive year.

Thank you for your generous praises and we look forward to having you again on your next visit to Singapore!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I heard a great review about this hotel. So when I went to Singapore last March, I decided to give it a try and I loved it!
Great location, comfortable, great breakfast (despite the queue, but totally worth it!), free wifi, free mini bar. Too bad not a stroller friendly entry access.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear SarskyLicious

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Singapore. I am delighted to learn that you loved your experience.

I am glad to know that our location was convenient for you, and our value-adding amenities like the free Wi-Fi and free mini bar made your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your compliments for our breakfast as well. I hope you get a chance to try Carousel’s dinner buffet during your next stay – the spread is even more impressive!

Please let us know when you are visiting us again, and we will be happy to arrange for someone to assist you with your stroller. Once again, thank you for your kind compliments. We look forward to having you again on your next visit to Singapore!

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at this hotel. Location ia great -for business and rooms really well equipped and comfortable. The service is really good at the hotel. The selection at the breakfast buffet is excellent but it was really busy when I was there with long queues for breakfast which isn't ideal if you are on a business trip and tight schedule.

I would definitely stay here again if I were in Singapore for holiday but possibly not for business.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear anna_c20

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for staying with us again during your recent visit to Singapore.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and rooms. I am glad to know that you found our service really good. Your generous compliments for our location, service and breakfast are all greatly appreciated.

We appreciate your review, and we look forward to having you again on your next visit to Singapore!

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great location about 1/2 block off Orchard road.
The hotel is clean and non-smoking. We had a great breakfast buffet included with our stay. The buffet had Western, Indian, and Asian selections with great cereal and bread selections.
The room was great and believe it or not a free mini-bar that is refilled everyday. Included one beer and 3 soft drinks. 4 bottles of water and orange drink, with some cookies.
It was a great find!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear DKF808

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review.
I am pleased to learn that our convenient location served you well, and you found our hotel clean. Good that you pointed out we are non-smoking too - we maintain a smoke-free environment as we want our guests enjoy fresh, clean air in our hotel.

Many of our guests find it convenient to have a refreshing drink and a snack after check-in or at the end of a long day of activities, and I am glad you enjoyed your room and the mini-bar amenities too.

Once again, thank you for your generous compliments and we look forward to having you again on your next visit to Singapore!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Closed to the most popular Ion Plaza only 5 minutes by walking from the hotel, continue walking with another 15 minutes you will reach the most popular Japanese Department Stores. The mini bar in the room is free but not the beer & alcohol products. Front Desk staff were friendly. Good breakfast buffet. This is my first time to stay and we will come back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: a good standard hotel in town, good connecting to Ion Plaza.