“Excellent customer service”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #45 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at Changi airport Singapore at 0500 on the 25th of July 2014 bye the time we cleared immigration and collected our luggage it was around 0600 this was the problem our check in time at the Royal plaza was 1400 in any case I decided to turn up at the hotel to see if they can accommodate us (4 of us I booked 2 rooms) well what can I say they were very accommodating, they immediately accommodated in the Internet lounge (with coffee and tea facilities)
It was just perfect to chill after a long flight from Istanbul, about an hour later they notified us our rooms were ready, I would like to extend my profound gratitude to Mel and the team at the hotel reception for everything they have done for us, not to mention I can certainly highly recommend the royal plaza on scotts, an excellent location(right near the shopping Mecca of Orchard rd) a truly fantastic buffet breakfast range (plenty of western and Asian choices)
I have stayed in many 4-5* hotels in Singapore, but this hotel is truly top tear, Congratulations!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jon J
RoyalPlazaSG, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Jon J

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a glowing review. We really appreciate your generous compliments for Mel and the team. I’m glad to hear that they took care of you and your party after an early flight, and were able to accommodate you at our Hospitality Lounge while waiting for an early check-in.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our excellent location and breakfast buffet. Do try the dinner buffet at Carousel if you stay with us again – the spread is more impressive than breakfast!

Thank you for your recommendation and vote of confidence. It was our pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Patrick Fiat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Carnegie, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel tries very hard and succeeds in being a welcoming place to stay, the staff are lovely and the facilities are standard for a five star hotel. We enjoyed our stay but I hated the music in the lobby 24 hours a day, it made it impossible to talk to colleagues.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Liontamer007
Dear Liontamer007

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I appreciate your generous words for our lovely staff and facilities, and I am glad we succeeded in being a welcoming place to stay.

Thank you for sharing your views on the background music. We will look into adjusting the volume and selection.

Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts with us, and I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future. We look forward to welcoming you to Royal Plaza on Scotts again!

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I just love Singapore and it's hotels. This is another good one. I've stayed at Marina Bay Sands, Conrad, Pan Pacific, etc. and this is a great one. Not as expensive as the others I mentioned, but similarly comfortable. Internet was quick, room service was fast and tasty. Didn't see the pool but I have no complaints. We were upgraded and happy we requested it. The staff was kind and receptive. And as the title indicates, it is indeed in a good location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Doug H

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. I am delighted to hear you had a good experience with us on your recent trip to Singapore.

Thank you for your compliments for our kind and receptive staff and our good location. I am glad to hear that the speed of the Wi-Fi and room service was up to your expectations.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back to Royal Plaza on Scotts soon!

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The location is perfect, bang on Orchard road, close to the Metro and numerous restaurants and shopping centers. On arrival I as upgraded to club floor and this meant I could access the Club lounge with a number of complimentary services. The Hotel is well maintained and the rooms are medium sized and stylish. The room layout and aesthetics are good. The staff are pleasant and do their best to make my stay comfortable. On the complaints department – both the onsite restaurants close by 9.30PM, also there is no bar or lounge to hang out after 9.30 PM. That said, I must clarify that room service is available until 11 PM. Of course if you want to hang out after dark there are numerous options outside of the hotel. I had a pleasant stay here.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms with a view of Scotts road.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SagarVS
Dear SagarVS

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and our team did their best to make your stay comfortable. Thank you as well, for your compliments for the aesthetics and style of our hotel.

With regards to your concern, I am happy to share that we have just unveiled a brand new dining option at Level 1 of our hotel – A.T.O.S. serving Asian tapas and drinks, and it is open from 6 pm till late.

In response to the title of your review, we are happy that you stayed with us. We look forward to having you with us soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had heard about the hotel a lot. So stayed there. Had a club room with free minibar. Soft drinks were packed. It was renovation time so the facade was covered. The food at club and cocktail was nice. In terms of room size i guess being in orchard with so many properties cant complain much. But still sufficient.Pool was good. Service was good, even though Carousel was booked they said being a club room guest they can arrange for me. The breakfast was good too.
Only place they could improve is the swimming pool area. The are is a bit dim and could do with some more lighting.
Overall nice stay

Room Tip: Right next to DFS and orchard road. Very good location
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Soumik21581
Dear Soumik21581

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. I am delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed the stay with us. I am happy to share that we have completely finished our facade facelift and the whole facade is now fully unveiled!

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the food and drinks served at the Royal Club lounge, as well as the service provided by our Royal Club team. With regards to your suggestions, we have taken note of your feedback. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how we can improve the swimming pool area.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. Do visit us again soon!

melbourne
Reviewed 23 July 2014

this is a nice modern hotel in the heart of the orchard shopping district. hotels / malls / train stations all connect to each other in Singapore city via almost another city underground. these interconnecting pedestrian tunnels go under the road from mall to mall and connect hotels to malls to train stations. all are well lit and well used and well air-conditioned - which is a bonus in Singapore.
there are many malls to eat in. if you haven't been to Singapore before there are many eating options: you can eat in the many food halls in the shopping malls (make sure you look for the A rating)or if you prefer there are restaurants in the malls and train stations too. I am a bit of a worrier when it comes to food hygiene and couldn't get myself into the mind set to enjoy eating in the food halls. for example the food republics were so crowded and the food seemed to be on display all day without any refrigeration. I did prefer to eat in the restaurants.

if you are from Australia you may find that although there are a so many big shiny malls the shopping isn't that great. most of the shops are repeated over and over again and we have many of them in Australia. the cost of things seems to be a bit more expensive than we would pay at home (the Singapore $ being about on par with the nz$ when we went). shops like marks and spencer from the UK were way over priced. In my opinion M & S are shops where you buy the basics at reasonable prices. the prices when the products are shipped to Singapore and translated to Singapore $ are not reasonable any more $34 for a pair of boys shorts. Sephora is way over priced not the bargain it is in the USA.

Back to the hotel. this hotel does buffets - only buffets for every meal. so you cant get a meal unless you do room service if you don't want to pay for a buffet. the buffets are quite pricey as all buffets are ie $68 for dinner I think. Best to shop around the internet for a deal and get your room with the breakfast included. Then fend for yourself in a mall restaurant for dinner

as with all Singapore hotels that I found, you have to book 2 rooms if you are a family of four. we were lucky to get interconnecting rooms. the rooms are smallish but really modern and clean. the mini bar is free. It holds water bottles - you get so much water in the rooms that you don't need to buy it outside- soft drink cans and packets of biscuits.

if you are here with younger kids (ours were 7 and 8) the heat of Singapore means that you can only trot around and sight see till about mid afternoon before you have to give the kids a break. then you need a hotel with a good pool. this isn't that hotel. they have smallish deck with a quite small deep pool (1.5metres to 2.something metres) . ideal for the business traveller or adults with older kids, but too deep and too small for the kids. the previous week we stayed at the pan pacific - much better pool

if you are adults or older kids and wanting to shop this is the ideal position to be in. trains are fast, frequent and easy to negotiate, if you want to do hop on hop off bus tours these go from the suntec plaza (where the pan pacific is - separate review). easy to get the train there.

my final bit of advice would be : Singapore is a great place to stop for about 4 days (we stayed 7). If you can time your stay, try and do it during the week. on the weekend the city and train stations become really busy making the simple requirement of getting from a to b to get dinner an ordeal of crowd negotiation. if you want to do universal studios or the zoo etc the queues may well not be worth the trip during the weekend. it is hot and humid in Singapore pace yourself accordingly

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank willea
Dear willea

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a such a comprehensive review.

I am glad our location in the heart of the Orchard shopping district served you well during your stay with us. I do regret that our pool was not the most ideal for your young children.

I am happy to share that we have just unveiled a brand new dining option at Level 1 of our hotel – A.T.O.S, that serves Asian tapas and drinks.

Thank you for the compliments for our modern and clean rooms, and I hope that the free mini-bar amenities added value and convenience to your stay.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Carlton, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The staff were friendly and very helpful. My sister left her mobile phone in a cab and they did everything they could to find it. Lesson learnt, if we ever go to Singapore again we will get receipts from the taxi drivers. they could have contacted the driver almost immediately instead of having to review the security footage. (It's amazing how you can't even agree on the colour of the cab you catch when on holiday). I booked this hotel myself direct from their website and before leaving Australia I had an email asking if I had any room preferences, for example a room with a view, a high floor or a lower one. I requested that the 2 rooms I booked were on the same floor and they actually gave us rooms not only on the same floor but right next to each other. It made our time there so much easier (just a bang on the door). Breakfast was great, a huge spread. The hotel (with some other hotels) provide a free shuttle to Sentosa Island which was handy. The location was great and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca S
Dear Rebecca S

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review.

I truly appreciate your kind words for our staff, and I am pleased to hear that the team did their best to assist in locating your sister’s mobile phone. I am also glad to hear that the email we sent prior to your arrival helped us accord you a room to your preference and made your stay that much easier.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to taking care of you again on your next visit to Singapore!