So unbelievably happy with this hotel. Our flight to Singapore was changed to an earlier flight and the Royal Plaza's staff welcomed us very early and allowed my partner and myself to sit in the Royal club lounge with a free breakfast (that wasn't included in our 4 night stay). The staff made us feel comfortable until they had a room ready for us at 9.30am which was around 4.5 hours before check-in. The hotel hasn't got the 'wow' factor in its appearance, but the rooms were very comfortable and clean and to top it off the mini bar was free! Because we booked a room within the Royal Club rooms, we had access to the Royal Club Lounge throughout the stay which had complimentary afternoon tea snacks and cocktails, and better yet, offered free breakfast (which was delightful if you couldn't be bothered dealing with the busy carousel restaurant in the morning). It should be noted that the Carousel buffet is one to definitely experience, just make sure you book.
The staff knew our faces well, always greeted us and were very helpful.
Also, you cannot fault the location of this hotel. It is right off orchard road (lots and lots of shopping), and most tourist buses drop you out the front of the hotel or on the other side of the road.
It just has to be said that we stayed at Marina Bay Sands 2 nights after staying here, and honestly, we were just another number there. The hospitality experienced at the Royal Plaza on Scotts was just amazing in comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel or try out our delicious Artisan cupcakes by Gourmet Carousel. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Food & Hotel Asia 2016, Great Singapore Sale and CommunicAsia 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore