“Great Hotel, Great Staff”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #47 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 25 August 2014

In was here for 3 nights on a flying visit to Singapore but had a very comfortable stay. The staff are very friendly and the room was clean and well equipped. The free mini bar was excellent.

It was great to be so close to the metro, shops and the Botanical Gardens.

Minor gripes:
1. I was given a twin room rather than a double
2. After checking out, I was told I could take a shower before catching my plane that evening. This is great but the shower was the single one installed for the swimming pool/gym. There was a queue and it didn't seem to be cleaned particularly regularly.

However, would I recommend this establishment - without hesitation. I will, in all likelihood, be staying there again myself.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Halfpint_Traveller
RoyalPlazaSG, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Halfpint_Traveller

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us during your 3 nights in Singapore, and that you enjoyed our rooms and service. It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed our in-room amenities like our complimentary minibar.

We have taken note of your feedback regarding the bedding configuration and shower, and regret any inconvenience caused. Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts with us.

We truly appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Plaza on Scotts soon.

There are newer reviews for Royal Plaza on Scotts

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a great time at Royal Plaza on Scotts. The rooms were comfy, staff friendly and our only disappointment was that we couldn't get a few extra days there as they were booked out. Went to another hotel which was nowhere as good for the same price. Hopefully we will come back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear jubesMelbourne

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to learn that you had a great time at our hotel. I’m glad to hear you had a comfortable stay with us and I do regret that we were unable to extend your stay as we were running full.

We hope to host you for a longer stay next time and we look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Plaza on Scotts soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a one night staycation over the weekend at RP on Scotts. Check-in was prompt and fast. I was being greeted with a polite and warm smile of the customer service officer. To my surprise, I was given a free upgrade from deluxe to the Royal Club Premier. (they really mean it when they say that they will try their best to accommodate on our request in their pre-check in form!)
The room is clean and spacious. The all-time free mini bar is a thumb-up. Very comfortable pillows and king-sized bed. The bathroom consist of a separate shower area and bathtub, with L'occitane toiletries. Everything was flawless but the only major problem was I couldn't get a good night sleep as the opposite room was making alot of noise, I think a group of teenagers were having a celebration from 8pm till 2am. They were laughing n talking along the corridors and fetching friends from the lobby at every hour. I was so closed to call the security but Ive decided to just let it rest.

The breakfast spread was so good, spoilt for choices. The check- out was fast too. Overall, all staff are very friendly from front desk to housekeeper. Can' t wait for my next stay at RP, hopefully I will be able to sleep without any other guest disturbances.

Room Tip: Nothing, just keep your fingers cross that you wont have to face a nuisance guests on the same level...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank yanah_jet
RoyalPlazaSG, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear yanah_jet

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts!

I’m happy to learn that you had a great staycation with us over the weekend. Thank you for your generous compliments for our service teams and I am glad to hear that we tried our best to accommodate your requests to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. I do regret that your stay was disturbed, and that we were not alerted on this while you were still in-house. Nevertheless, it is lovely to hear that everything was flawless about your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next staycation with us!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed 7 nights, can't fault anything. Found all staff to be very friendly, helpful and always greeted with a hello by everyone we passed. Concierge was excellent, rooms were clean. Very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Rhiannon888

It has been our pleasure hosting you during your recent stay for 7 nights and I am delighted to hear that you are extremely happy with your experience.

Thank you for your generous compliments for our friendly and helpful staff, concierge, and clean rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Royal Plaza on Scotts Road in Singapore in located near the major shopping area of Singapore. It is within easy walking distance to movies, great restaurants, shopping and just walking. You can walk to the Singapore Botanic Garden although it is a little distance from the Royal Plaza. The staff are always helpful and free mini-bar.

Room Tip: Be sure an try the Carousel Restaurant. Make reservations!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 29RonS

Dear 29RonS

Thank you for your review.

Our convenient location in the heart of Orchard Road is well loved by many of our guests, and I’m pleased to hear that it served you well too. I am glad that you managed to explore the area and the many shopping and entertainment options in our vicinity. The Singapore Botanic Gardens is not too far from our hotel, and I think it is certainly worth a visit!

Thank you for your endorsement of Carousel. Indeed, reservations are strongly recommended to avoid disappointment.

We look forward to hosting you again at Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

we had a lovely 8 day stay at royal plaza on scotts, our room on the 11th floor was great, free mini bar and wifi. room were spotless every day when we returned from our outings, breakfast had plenty of variety and was delicious. only wish we had tried the seafood buffet which looked amazing. thanks for a great stay . the foyer of the hotel was very decorated beautifully , very opulent.

Room Tip: the room we stayed on had mini bar, lower floors did not have the variety of mini bar. the fifth flo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear mallybl

Thank you for your lovely review.

I’m delighted to learn that you enjoyed your 8 day stay and had a great experience with us.

It is great to know that you enjoyed our in-room amenities such as the complimentary mini bar and high speed Wi-Fi. I am glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast at Carousel too. I hope you get a chance to try our dinner buffet on your next stay with us – the seafood spread is indeed amazing.

It was our pleasure having you at Royal Plaza on Scotts. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I would put my review into Key bullet points:

1- Rooms: excellent rooms, spacious, very clean, mini bar is complementry and includes plenty juices, and soft drinks.

2- Restaurant: the hotel restaurant serves HALAL food. no pork , no alcohol in food. the Food is top quiality, I mean this restaurant has won lots of titiles for their top quality and taste of food. dont think alot, as this hotel have filled the missing gap for muslim travelers who look for Halal food, breakfast buffet is huge with alot of variety, lunch adn dinner are great with lotsss of varieties.. finally muslims can enjoy food in singapore with no pork or alcohol in food.

3- staff: SUPER FRIENDLY!!

4- swimming pool : a bit small, but empty most of the time.

5- location : great location, 100 steps from Orchached, and metro stations, ION,,,etc.

6- Taxis: always available.

7- Area: vey nice and safe.

overall, great place to stay, and great food,.. high thimbs

Room Tip: my usual tips in all my reviews to hotels : choose rooms at higher level, and away from elevator, no...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank gokhatib

Dear gokhatib

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comprehensive review.

It is fantastic to hear that you found the room comfortable, spacious and clean, and that you enjoyed the complimentary mini-bar.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food at Carousel – we have indeed been awarded the People’s Choice Award for the Best Buffet Restaurant for five years running. This is thanks to the support from valued guests such as yourself!

We appreciate your compliments for our super friendly staff. I’m glad that our location served you well, with our proximity to Orchard Road, the MRT and many shopping malls such as ION.

We have taken note of your comments about the swimming pool – thank you for sharing your honest thoughts with us. We look forward to your return visit soon!