“Recommended Buisness Hotel”
Review of Amara Singapore

Ranked #73 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Amara Hotel is located in very convenient location close to China Town, Club Street surrounded by endless options of dinning - the hotel restaurants have excellent food as well. My company hold conference at the hotel, we not only received excellent service but as well support when needed. All our clients gave as great feedback and requested to stay for another conference in same hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Public Relations Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear soda11406,

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

Thank you sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We are thrilled and filled with gratitude to learn that you and your clients enjoyed the Amara experience extended. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our esteemed guests and rest assured your compliments have been duly conveyed to the various teams at Amara Singapore and these will motivate our associates to continue delivering pristine service standards at all times.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to Amara Singapore in the not too distant future to experience more of our Asian hospitality.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The service at this hotel was so bad that it has inspired someone who would never normally bother to comment on a hotel to figure out how to do so. The entire experience was indescribably bad. I will list to keep it simple:

1. I called on my check in day to ask if my room was ready at around 11am. After being passed through 3 staff and spelling out my name and booking number approximately 10 times I gave up

2. On trying to order room service, I was told that the person I spoke to's supervisor had "gone to the toilet" (charming), and I should call back(in singlish). When I did it seemed I was unable to order a drink and should go down personally to the bar to order a drink and have them send it up. I went down to see the manager personally, but he seemed to be equally inept

3. About half the time I tried to get in the lift my card had been invalidated. When I approached one of the men in black suits standing around looking like lobotomised zombies (normally between 4 and 6) who seem to serve no other purpose than to tell you they can't help with anything whatsoever except sending you to the back of a queue of people checking in/out, I had to wait to have my key restored, and told not to keep in near my phone. Which i don't.

4. On arrival back at my room I found my rubbish from the previous day still there.

5. Please don't even consider ordering anything but a glass of water from the bar here. My martini tasted like watered down vermouth. Both initially and on re-ordering. I am not a bartender but making a martini is... well. not difficult

I stayed here previously and it was a passably decent business hotel. Whoever is running this place now has clearly been through a cost rationalisation process. I have stayed in some of the cheapest most basic accommodation as a backpacker, slept on floors and in dorms, and some of the nicest hotels in the world, and I can honestly say I have never encountered anything that could compare to this place in its disgracefulness.

on a scale of 0 to 10 I would give this place a -10. The only redeeming feature is.. wait, no there is none. I'd rather sleep on a park bench. At least I know I won't have to deal with such imbeciles at every turn.

WOW!

Room Tip: Please stay at this hotel only if you can find a way not to encounter any of the staff who's onl...
4  Thank niickos
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Connected to 100 AM mall is this popular business hotel.

Located conveniently in the Tanjong Pagar central business district, it is within walking distance to major banks, Chinatown, restaurants and a mere 10 minutes away from Harbourfront.

Room is well-equipped and comfortable, I especially liked the washroom which is spacious and modern.

Basic amenities did not disappoint either, with a great swimming pool and spa next to it.

Overall good choice for businessmen perhaps on a short stopover in Singapore.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Public Relations Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear wintryposy,

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

Thank you for choosing Amara Singapore as your preferred choice of accommodation within Singapore’s thriving Central Business District.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found the locale of our hotel, guest room, facilities and amenities desirable.

It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Amara Singapore!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had a real lousy experience at Amara. I am not sure if that happens to everyone at Amara or was it just me (on one of these unfortunate days).
My check in took an hour as the folks could not find my reservation which I had done a day before – this was after showing them the reservation confirmation numbers, emails, etc. while at the same time some other department or unit in Amara was sending out emails to me to offer if I would like to setup car pickup and drop based on the very same reservation.
Then came the room experience, which I found to be also a bit below par - furniture and other wood work in the room and bathroom seemed to be not maintained and in many places was clearly damaged, broken or falling apart.
As if this was not enough, my room keys stopped working after I stepped out for dinner, received another set of keys that again did not work, finally the folks figured out that it was the door’s lock mechanism that was not working rather than the key. I gave up and requested the staff to not try to move me out of that room at 11 PM in the night into another room. Just locked myself inside the room and walked out of the room in the morning to complete the check out procedures.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Amara is located in downtown /Chinatown of Singapore. It was clean, comfortable and had amazing rooftop pool. The staff was friendly though I think we might have upset them a bit by leaving our luggage there for a bit too long.

Superb hotel to stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear KaiaSing,

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the locale of our hotel including the service and facilities extended to you during your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our esteemed guests and we look forward to delighting you again at Amara Singapore in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. The room was nice, clean and spacious. The staff was okay; not extremely friendly or helpful, which is not uncommon anywhere in Singapore. The hotel is in a very convenient location, with supermarket and shops nearby. It's right in the middle of the business part of town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear KrisprachantP,

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the locale of our hotel and the comforts of our guest room, contributing to an enjoyable stay with us. We have noted your feedback pertaining to the service extended to you by our associates. Please be assured that your valuable comments on the said matter has been taken into consideration and undergoing rectification.

At Amara Singapore, you can be assured that we are committed to providing service of the highest standards to ensure the comfort and well-being of our guests.

It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Amara Singapore.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just a little underwhelmed by the Amara. Its a mid-range business hotel, and so the review is written with that in mind. Actually the public spaces and rooms are fine (the latter is large, has all the basics in place plus some additions you can't always find, e.g. own ironing board).

But I found the room a bit noisy - not so much external noise or other guests but sounds of plumbing and air con (mine and others) and last night a strange clanking all night. Today I am working in my room (good wifi) but they have sprayed the whole floor with chemicals due to pest control and as of midday my eyes are stinging and I am pregnant so probably ought to go work elsewhere...

Normally would never eat in hotels, but due to work pressure I did. Food a bit mediocre (and of course expensive). Several efficient ladies serving but one waiter who sat in my line of vision and basically texted for two hours (complaining when one of the ladies knocked into him as he was "busy" on his phone).

So can't really go above three out of five...