“Enjoyable”
Review of Amara Singapore

Amara Singapore
Ranked #75 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in Singapore on business and stayed at the Amara for four nights. Everything was fantastic with great friendly staff and a large tidy room. I also found a great wine bar/shop (Merchants) on Duxton Rd just nearby where you can buy a great selection of Australian wines at affordable prices to stock up the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jason S
Amara_Mgmt, Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Good Day,

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

On behalf of all visitors, thank you for the tip!

We are glad that you were able to locate a great find.

At the same time, thank you for choosing Amara Singapore, we certainly hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Amara Singapore

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Every very odd once-in-a-while, you get One of Thses Hotels. Frequent travellers will know what I mean. Now, let me start by saying that this is a good hotel and there is absolutely nothing wrong. The beds are comfortable, the bathroom was clean and well stocked, everything worked. The staff were pleasant and helpful, it's in an OK location .... so why, oh why did I not ENJOY it?? Very, very odd. I found the reception area a bit dingy and dark which gave a not-too-great first impresion. The room corridor carpets were clearly designed ' for trendy effect' and those in the bedroom equally 'interesting'. Room decor veered towatds stark rather than cosy, breakfast was fine but I just didn't ENJOY it. Please don't be put off ....it's a perfectly good hotel .....but I just didn't ENJOY it. Hmmmmm.

1  Thank PhileasMole
Amara_Mgmt, Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Good Day,

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We have certainly noted your feedback and we do hope that you would allow us to serve you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I used to book hotel stay for our overseas business guest, even we have last minutes guest that want to travel to Singapore whenever my boss call me from overseas to follow up , I am always quick to give him confirmation that I have arranged everything in order with Amara Singapore hotel all because is with the friendly staff help and he is Mr Hamid Haron, he is always there for me. I just have to give him a call or sms him about our guest date check in and check out, he is always quick to respond and their rate are reasonable too. So far not only my boss are happy with their service even our business guest said they will stay Amara Singapore again when they visit us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank limsis800

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred accommodation once again, it is always a great pleasure to welcome our returning guests.

We are pleased to learn that Hamid, our Club Floor Manager was able to extend a memorable Amara experience to you. Our service team is truly encouraged by your compliment and we will continue to strive to provide our esteemed guests with the best hospitality experience.

We look forward to creating more memorable experiences for you at Amara Singapore.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had to go to Singapore on business and stayed here for 8 days. Even though I was only on the 15th floor I got "Executive' Privileges, like the lounge with a great view, made-to-order breakfasts, all day snacks, and a Happy Hour (3 hours) where there are bountiful appetizers and good liquor. The room was larger than expected, bed with great pillows, view, ample desk space, and a large glass-doored marble shower and tub. And then (drum roll) - the complimentary mini-bar with liquor, beer, soft drinks, juices, water, and snacks, which is restocked each day. I only had breakfasts in the hotel and the lobby buffet had an impressive selection of items with several made-to-order stations. However, watch out for the mold on the Japanese pickles. See photo. However, the hotel's reaction was superb. The restaurant manager immediately came to my table, profusely apologized, took a photo, and kept the pickle to make up her report. The F&B Manager then came over and told me they will address the problem with the staff and thanked me for bringing it to his attention. THEN THE HOTEL CHEF CAME OUT and also apologized and wanted to know if he could make me anything special. The staff are a real credit to the hotel, from the porters to reception to the room attendants (always smiling). I am sure the pickle incident was isolated and will not be repeated. I will certainly stay again. Check out my photos.

Room Tip: Get the executive room if you can.
3  Thank Richard P

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review.

We strive to provide our esteemed guests with the best hospitality experience and we are truly encouraged by your kind review of our rooms and of course, the wide array of sumptuous food served at Element Restaurant’s buffet spread.

At the same time, we would like to assure you that we take your feedback seriously and that the service hiccup was an isolated incident. Our Food and Beverage team will continue to strive to deliver outstanding food and guest experiences.

We are thankful for your support and we hope to welcome you back to Amara Singapore soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Good eve,

I'm a regular guest of Amara since 2002 at least 4 times a month.
In the beginning I've tried to looking the other hotel but I back and back again to Amara.
Why?? Because I'm very easy to book the room. Just called Mr. Hamid then I got it..!!!
Thank you so much, Mr. Hamid..!! You make me easy during my stay in Singapore with your excellent response..!!
Keep your very good service, Amara..!! Don't forget for your manpower asset which help you much to become excellent hotel..!!!

Warm regards,
Taufan/ Port Captain.
South East Asia Region.
Rickmers-Linie GmbH.

4  Thank Taufan2002

Welcome back to Amara Singapore!

It is always a pleasure to welcome returning guests and we thank you for making Amara Singapore your preferred hotel accommodation once again.

We are delighted that Hamid, our Club Floor Manager, was able to extend a memorable Amara experience to you during your stay. Your generous feedback is certainly a great encouragement to our team and your kind compliments will certainly be relayed on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soonest, and of course, with Hamid leading the way!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I arrived late at night from Australia, check in was typically quick, courteous, and friendly. The hotel game myself and a colleague from Thailand complimentary upgrades to Club Level, which was really appreciated. We were business travel and paying a relatively high rate for this hotel compared to competitors, but it was conveniently located to our site for the week. The access to the Club Level facilities bridged the price gap.
As with many hotels in Asia, despite being a non-smoking room, the room smelt of smoke. I wish that hotels en-mass would start enforcing non-smoking room requirements as they do in Australia, through applying a cleaning fee.
Mr Hamid Haron, the club floor manager, provided the most friendly and professional service throughout my stay. He is a great asset to the hotel.
Unfortunately, on check in, neither myself nor my colleague were provided with an explanation of the club level benefits. If it hadn't been for Mr Maron approaching me as I left for the office, I wouldn't have known about the extra benefits, and indeed my colleague on the floor above did not until I introduced him to Mr Haron on check out.
The rest of the facilities are very-good. They Gym is simple but well equipped, the pool nice and long enough for lap swimming out of peak times, with complimentary pool and gym towels.
The breakfast restaurant, if not a club member is too small for the traffic in peak times and the management would be well advised to look at options to expand capacity.

Room Tip: I had a room facing Tanjong Pagar Road and had no noise problems. I always ask for a high floor non...
3  Thank Darryl E

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

There is no greater satisfaction than to receive kind words from our valued guests like your goodself and to learn that Hamid, our Club Floor Manager, was able to extend a memorable Amara experience to you.

In addition, we are also thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy our exclusive Club Lounge. Our Club Floor allows business travellers exclusivity and dedicated services, from hassle free check-ins, to daily breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails.

Your valuable feedback on our rooms has been noted and please be assured that we are systematically upgrading and improving our facilities to ensure our guests’ comfort. We truly appreciate your suggestions and will certainly look into them.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Amara Singapore!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very pleased with the hotel. Good location and great staff, room might not be as spaciaous or furnished as you would expect on a club floor though. Especially look for Hamid, Front Office Manager. Very attentive and helpful. I'd love to come back whenever I visit the country.

4  Thank Gubei

Greetings from Amara Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share this kind review on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful time at Amara Singapore and that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel.

At the same time, we would like to inform you that we are systematically improving and refurbishing our rooms for our guests’ comfort and we hope to better serve you the next time.

We are also thrilled to hear that Hamid, our Club Floor Manager, was able to extend a memorable Amara experience to you. Your generous feedback is certainly great motivation to our team.

Thank you and we look forward to serving you again!