We stayed in Holiday Inn Atrium in April 2011 and i must say i was pleasantly surprised. I was very apprehensive at first about staying in a "hotel chain" after a few bad experience but Holiday Inn changed my mind. Just a few months before, we were in Singapore and we booked into a one of those modern boutique hotels near Clarke Quay. Thinking that we were getting good value and great service seeing that it was a small, we were so wrong.
On our return to Singapore, i looked around online for another hotel to stay and read reviews on Tripadvisor and this is where i found Holiday Inn Atrium. Two things that caught my attention was that guests said that the beds were big (king size) and that there was free shuttle to the city. Seeing that the hotel rates were reasonable, we booked one room for 2 nights.
We arrived from an early morning flight and took the train from the airport to Outram Park (this is the nearest station from the hotel but not walking distances). From there it was a short taxi ride to the hotel. Befitting their name, there was indeed a beautiful atrium within the hotel itself when you enter. Check-in at the front desk was fast and efficient. As we entered our room, we were pleased about the room size and the layout. The bed size was indeed large and was comfortable (yes, they have a pillow menu but ones we already had were good). We had a good and pleasant two nights of sleep especially after all the sightseeing/shopping we did all day. There was also a flat screen TV with good amount of channels, tea and coffee making facilities, a safe and bathroom amenities.
I think what made our stay enjoyable was the high level of service from all the staff. The overall staff of the hotel was great while their concierge was very friendly and attentive. Not forgetting is the housekeeping staff which must deserve a mention as one of the nights we spilled some tea on the duvet and within minutes of calling, one of their housekeepers promptly came and change the sheets all in a matter of minutes. He even offered us an extra blanket and said that he will leave it in the room if we need it just in case.
Other than that, do make use of their free shuttle and grab a copy of the daily schedule from concierge. We sat on a few rides to and fro Orchard Road in a comfortable tour bus like shuttle which is parked at the side entrance of the hotel. Do remember that you will need to call front desk or concierge to book you seats earlier. Also, taxis are easily available outside the hotel lobby itself where the doormen will hail one for you. If you are looking for a place nearby to eat or hangout, we were recommended by the hotel to visit Great World City Mall which is just a 10 minute walk but we still took a taxi anyway. It was a good mall with plenty of eating options and shops to browse.
Overall, Holiday Inn Atrium was a great value for our money. Although not as good of a location compared to our previous Singapore stays near Clarke Quay or at Orchard Road, it has been one of our best stays. We will definitely come back to stay in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is one of the leading hotel along the Singapore River. With 512 well-appointed guest rooms and friendly service, stay relaxed with accommodation that will meet your needs. Centrally located, it is in the heart of all Singapore's attractions and shopping including Great World City which is a short 5 minutes' walk away. Nestled along Havelock and Outram Road, you are just steps away from waterfront dining and entertainment from the lines of Robertson Quay, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. Located at the gateway of the Central Business District (CBD) and financial hub, getting to meetings and company events are quick and hassle-free. Take time to experience and explore Singapore's culture diversity as Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is situated close to the bustling notes of Chinatown, Tiong Bahru and the various ethnic areas. Tantalise your taste buds with an array of dining options available within the hotel. Atrium Restaurant, an all-day dining restaurant, serves both ala-carte menu and international buffets at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Set in a contemporary ambience, Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant exudes warmth and vibrance for your dining pleasure and business entertainment. Enjoy the culinary artistry of innovative Cantonese cuisine that will delight your eyes and palate. Unwind and chill out with family, friends and business associates at Lobby Lounge, a perfect enclave offering a wide selection of drinks and snacks. Stay relaxed at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
- Singapore Holiday Inn