We arrived there via the airport bus which btw was $9/person. It was almost 3 in the morning but the front desk lady was still very lively and accommodating (note that some hotels aren't like that). She answered all our questions and after that gave us our room cards. You need those cards for the elevator and of course, your room. We stayed at room 1407. The first thing I noticed after coming out of the elevator was the whole floor smelled musty but don't worry, it was clean. Then, when we entered our room, it was spacious and had a great panoramic view of the city. There were no grime to be found anywhere inside and outside the bathroom. So, that was a plus! The sheets were clean and had no stain in it though it kinda smelled funny. Something that was like kept inside the closet for a long time. But my mum seems oblivious about it. The TV was awesome but they have limited channels. There were a lot of space for our luggage. There is also a long desk. What I really love about it though is you can control the air-conditioning in your room! My mum is super sensitive to cold, so we had to turn it off once in awhile and turn it back on when we're feeling hot. You have to pay for Wi-Fi if you want it inside your room, but they do offer Wi-Fi in their lobby (IT WAS FAST! I was so happy about it). There are chairs there, so it's very nice to just sit there while checking my SNS (Social Networking Sites). Though at that time their lobby was under renovation. But it didn't bother us. Our room was cleaned daily and we even find a note saying to enjoy our stay. Those little things count.
I forgot the name of the concierge who helped us! I think his shift starts at around 9am? He's very friendly and adds tips on the places that we want to visit. I think his name starts with an A.
Anyways, at our last day, we wanted to try their breakfast buffet. Our reservation was just for "room only." So, we had to avail of the breakfast buffet separately. Note that you have to make a reservation a day before. Their buffet breakfast was good but not amazing. Just the so so food. Though my mum loved the freshly made eggs. She requested twice, sunny-side up and scrambled eggs!
The location is good. Just a minute or two walk to the bus stops. A 5-minute walk to Tiong Bahru Market (My favorite!) And very near the Outram Park Station, I guess just 3-minutes via bus. There is also a free scheduled shuttle bus going to Clark Quay and Orchard Road. Just ask their concierge for the schedules. That's another plus! There's also a small market/convenience store area connected to it. You can buy cheap things like instant noodles, chips and personal stuff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is one of the leading hotel along the Singapore River. With 512 well-appointed guest rooms and friendly service, stay relaxed with accommodation that will meet your needs. Centrally located, it is in the heart of all Singapore's attractions and shopping including Great World City which is a short 5 minutes' walk away. Nestled along Havelock and Outram Road, you are just steps away from waterfront dining and entertainment from the lines of Robertson Quay, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. Located at the gateway of the Central Business District (CBD) and financial hub, getting to meetings and company events are quick and hassle-free. Take time to experience and explore Singapore's culture diversity as Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is situated close to the bustling notes of Chinatown, Tiong Bahru and the various ethnic areas. Tantalise your taste buds with an array of dining options available within the hotel. Atrium Restaurant, an all-day dining restaurant, serves both ala-carte menu and international buffets at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Set in a contemporary ambience, Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant exudes warmth and vibrance for your dining pleasure and business entertainment. Enjoy the culinary artistry of innovative Cantonese cuisine that will delight your eyes and palate. Unwind and chill out with family, friends and business associates at Lobby Lounge, a perfect enclave offering a wide selection of drinks and snacks. Stay relaxed at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. WeChat Pay is now accepted in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
- Singapore Holiday Inn