We stayed here for about a week while in Singapore in June 2014. The location is fantastic - right in the heat of Arab Street, and within walking distance to the Bugis MRT/subway station. The hotel itself is an older hotel that they have renovated. The rooms are decent and very clean but the lobby is outdated. Our first room had a poorly designed bathroom that flooded the floor with each shower. We returned here after a short trip to Bali and immediately got a room upgrade because there was a sewage problem on one of the floors. We were super excited to get an upgrade, but once we got to the room, we found that the only difference were a stocked minibar, and plusher slippers and robes. Breakfast was included in our rate and very good. It was a buffet of western/asian food. It is also very easy to get a cab. I thought the rate, at over $200 Sing per night was a little high for the accommodations. Customer service at the front desk was very good. They were fast and responsive each time we called. The staff at the restaurant though, were not as good. I would return to this hotel if the rates were lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Arab Street and Kampong Glam enclave, and a mere stone’s throw away from Bugis Village and Little India, Village Hotel Bugis is at the crossroads of Singapore’s Arab, Peranakan and Indian enclaves.These multicultural and multinational influences are seen in the Indian, Chinese and international cuisines at the hotel’s three dining options.Guests can explore the side streets of Kampong Glam, Bugis Village and Haji Lane, which have small boutique outlets stocked with fashion labels otherwise not found in the Singapore malls. They can also indulge in a shopping spree at the Bugis Junction and Bugis+ shopping centres. The Bugis MRT station, which is just a 5-minute walk away, connects guests to the Orchard shopping belt or the Central Business Districts of City Hall or Raffles City.Besides its location, Village Hotel Bugis' key selling point is its spacious rooms, which start from 32sqm for its entry level Superior Room to up to a generous 64sqm for its Executive Club Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Landmark Far East Hotel
- Golden Landmark Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Bugis By Far East Hospitality Singapore