“Poor service in Shades poolside. (Angry guest)”

Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #87 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 17 May 2010

On 1st week of May, my spouse and myself were in pool area for some snacks item and drinks. i have been serve by a blackly staff with black t-shirt with NO name-tag on it. i can feel that, he is not willing to serve us anything, was rude when talking to my spouse and myself. When asking him on Indian foods on the flip menu, he commented to us that this is what our hotel been serve. Both of us have NO CHOICE than we order an Chinese food menu. When the billing time, he came forward to ask us, pay cash or room?
I was very up-set of the service that he provide to us and hope the Landmark Village Hotel (so call Far East Hotel) will teach this above staff that i mention how to serve a guests. I will aslo like to address that, why Landmark Village Hotel staff in poolside never wear NAME-TAG or UNIFORM? When i walking around the pool area, he was smoking behind the bar-area. He think himself is the owner or hotel bosses that he can just do anything he like. I'm really hope the Landmark Village Hotel Management will do something to this above staff that i have mention.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank jacqueline_woon
There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality

Reviewed 13 May 2010

SERVICE - Average. On arrival the reception staff were good and efficient at checking us in. But during our stay we had problems with getting on the wireless website (which was included in our package) and had a lot of difficulty raising the reception to deal with this. I eventually worked it out myself after a day of troubleshooting, a day I'd rather spend sightseeing. Mind you, apart from this glitch the staff were courteous and helpful.
DECOR - Tired. Our room was good enough, but considering it's supposedly on one of the refurbished floors, I'd hate to think what the un-refurbished floors must be like. The common area floorcoverings were grubby and the fitted furniture in our room was dated.. but everything was clean. The bathroom had a life of it's own, letting out groans and burps from the cistern occasionally, and the water pressure was abysmal if a shower was taken during "rush hour"! However, I really liked the fact we could turn the aircon off and open our windows if we so chose. I tried out the swimming pool which was good enough, but once again tired and in need of updating. The fitness room was the highlight, it was exceptionally well kitted out.
LOCATION - Excellent. Being as we prefer the more "colourful" side of anywhere we go, this was a good location. We walked a great deal and were close to Bugis, Little India, Bencoolen and the Islamic Kampong Glam. Much more interesting than the shops in Orchard Road!!! There are great Hawkers Centres nearby too, within easy walk of the hotel. Even the Raffles Hospital across the road had a good food centre, "Banquet", where we enjoyed a lovely Laksa. Close to Bugis MRT Station.
BEST FEATURE - The location and fitness room.
WORST - The tired facilities.
OVERALL - I felt it was good value for money if you're not looking for 5 Star Glam. And I would recommend booking one of the refurbished, executive rooms which include free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Pros: The best part of the hotel is its location. Its right in the heart of the city with a metro/subway station right at a stone's throw. The hotel is huge (13 floors with around 700 rooms) and looks grand from the outside. However, I found the room to be a bit small for the price charged by them.
I paid around 950 S$ for 10 days which I found to be affordable.
There is a swimming in the ground floor which was clean and well maintained.

Cons: Although room service is available round the clock, but service quality isn't good. Any request takes a long time to get fuliflled so one needs to plan or place a request for the service accordingly.
Next, the internet usage charges are very high. 10S$ for an hour. If you want to surf for less, one can easily go to the cafe just outside the hotel where the charge is just 3S$ an hour!

Overall a good hotel to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2010

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Very well located, in the heart of Singapore, with almost everything located within 3-4 kms. Food quality is excellent and staff is very courteous and caring. One of the staff members took special care of our luggage as went to a 2 day cruise. Room are very spacious and room service is also very good. People planning to visit Singapore should prefer to stay at this place.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2010

As a regular corporate customer, I was not allowed to check in once I failed to provide a deposit (credit card or payment) as a guarantee of payment. After some arguments, they decided to let me stay but with a stupid act which they clear out the minibar and blocked the phone from calling out. I felt so humiliated. Furthermore, the front desk officers are not friendly and very ineffient where they took 15 mins for guest check-out.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Worn down, and in some sort of staging style ongoing renovation, so construction noise during the day. But overall an OK place to stay if you plan to be out of the room and do not require any service. Self rating of 3 star seems quite a stretch to me, more like 1. Again nothing horrible, but run down and a out of shape. Great view of the nearby Mosque if you are lucky. Really hard matress.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2010

good location. Nice Indian Restaurant on 5th floor. with good food.services were good. people are friendly. however, people in reception seemed to be burdened with work or confused etc...but, quite well mannered and no complaints as such.Rooms are good and quite comfortable.I would definitely stay in this hotel, if i happen to go to Singapore next time

• Stayed: April 2010