“Staff efficiency”

Orchard Hotel Singapore
Ranked #79 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 16 July 2014

All the staff were able to go the second mile when asked for assistance. They offered help before it was asked for which shows good initiative training. Services were all great including the offer of extra services for very late checkouts ie after 2000hrs.
The location is right in the heart of the most desirable shopping if that is what the traveller wants.
I would strongly recommend it to the future traveller and remind them that it is Singore airlines and Scenic tours hotel of choice

Room Tip: All ok as outlooks from rooms face one main area or another. Rooms are very well sound proofed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rayem317
Michelle_Isidro, Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Rayem317,

We are thrilled that you had a delightful stay with us. It is truly rewarding to hear that you felt welcomed at the Orchard Hotel Singapore and our staff had played an integral part in delivering an exceptional service that had made your stay memorable.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at Michelle.Isidro@millenniumhotels.com as it will be my pleasure to personally assist you for your future stay.

Once again, thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Orchard Hotel Singapore.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Extremely disappointed.
In short, it was totally NOT worth buying the staycation package. And NOT worth my money for that tiny room. In this sense it also means I do NOT consider this hotel 5-starred.
I have honestly stayed far better hotels in Singapore for the price I paid for this one.

I paid more money and booked their weekend staycation premier room thinking that they would try their best to cater to AT LEAST ONE OF MY REQUESTS. The late check out which they mentioned on the description, I was not given anything close to that. Large double bed I requested was not given either. "Subject to availability" does NOT mean you don't have to try.
If the hotel is not going to try their best to cater to AT LEAST one request of customers who pay more for the staycation package then I suggest that they remove sales of that package.
I probably could have saved me $100 by booking the usual discounted room rate because that was all I got - none of the extras mentioned in staycation package.

Fine that we had to ask for our free wine, but excuse me, 1 glass for 2 pax? No common sense... Taste of it was just average too.

Breakfast was okay. Spread was also just average but taste was not satisfying. Scrambled eggs were instant. I could tell at first bite. Out of fruits at 10am and trays were cleared into the kitchen. As far as I know breakfast was suppose to be 6.30am - 10.30am.

Premier room given was tiny. Me and my hubby bumped into corners and each other too often for comfort. But I agree that the room has been well refurbished compared to how it looked in the past. Down pillows are not of my preference. Would be better if the spare pillow in the wardrobe was of a different type than the ones provided on the beds in order to provide some choice. Since our stay was just for 1 night, I did not complain and just slept.

Perhaps the only up side of our stay was one of the lady service staff in the restaurant who joked along with us while we were having our breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linnet Mae C
Michelle_Isidro, Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Linnet Mae C,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay with us.

We are working very hard to meet the expectations of our valued guests and having an open dialogue with you is very important to enable us to constantly review our service and delivery.

I would like to invite you to please contact me directly at Michelle.Isidro@millenniumhotels.com, so that we may work towards regaining your confidence.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I was there to run a couple of Masterclasses so the aesthetics of the place were not my prime concern.
The Orchard is right in the middle of the shopping area and great for getting around from.
Rooms are comfortable, public areas are brash and noisy. Buffet style food in main cafe is wide ranging if a little too impersonal.
An efficient business and tourist hotel with frequent turnover of guests.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Paul C,

Thank you for your comments.

We are working very hard to meet the expectations of our valued guests and hearing from them is very important as it enables us to constantly review our facilities and services.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on your forthcoming trips to Singapore.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel itself was great, with a large range of eateries and facilities. However, the service overall was average. We had one fantastic porter who went out of his way to help us but other than that the staff were not overly helpful or friendly. We enquired about wifi access which was only available in our rooms for a fee and the lady failed to mention there was free access in the foyer which we only discovered a few days into our stay, so it seemed that they only wanted to give you info that would get you to pay more.
We stayed at the Orchard Parade Hotel across the road last year and would recommend as an alternative to this hotel as everything there was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Gabro58,

Allow me to thank you for your comment.

It is important that we hear feedback from our valued guests as it enable us to constantly review our services. As such, we have looked in the comments that you have highlighted and please be assured that we have already taken corrective measures to ensure that this does not happen again.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope that you will still consider staying in the Orchard Hotel on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have just stayed one night but the pleasant atmosphere and proximity to everything. The lobby staff was very professional and friendly. The dinner buffet is one of the best I have come across in whole Asia.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kurt m
Michelle_Isidro, Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear kurt m,

Thank you for your great review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and our hotel’s centralized location have surpassed your expectations.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to being of service to you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The moment you walk into the reception and welcomed with the Smiling and most charming Ms Man Ying you know the week will be a good one.
The room upgrade package for the business traveller is second to none offering room upgrade, lounge access, laundry and wifi.
The staff are really excellent and the Chinese restaurant is the best Asian restaurant I have ever eaten in. The roast duck honestly melts in your mouth.
The lounge is very simple but the staff, Ms Daisy Thomas and the rest of her team make it a very special and welcoming place.
Thank you once again for a great stay!

Room Tip: Main building has access to GYM, swimming pool and lounge.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham N

Dear Graham N,

Thank you for the amazing review. It is truly rewarding to hear that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay with us.

Allow us to share your compliments with Man Ying and Daisy to acknowledge the stellar services that they had provided in making your stay a perfect one.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward for your return where we will continuously commit to ensure that you will have many more pleasurable stays.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Orchard hotel recently and had a fabulous stay. Staff were friendly, accomodating and often checked on my experience during my stay. I ordered for room service during the stay and ordered the burger which was delicous! But what caught me was that the person i called to order room service called back to check whether my food had arrived and if i enjoyed it! Great service and really attentive to the details! 5 star!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear littlebun,

We are thrilled that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you have left The Orchard Hotel with fond memories.

Allow us to share your wonderful comments with our team to acknowledge the genuine service that they have delivered.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back where we will ensure that you experience another unforgettable stay that is uniquely created for you.