“good location near Orchard road”

Orchard Hotel Singapore
Ranked #73 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
saudi arabia
“good location near Orchard road”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel located at the end of Orchard road, what I like about the hotel is the fallowing: its location , along orchard road, but not in the middle of the noise and congestion, I like the hotel lobby, their room are well maintained , but little small, I like the restaurant out said the hotel, also there are other restaurants near bay the hotel where you could have a good time without noise, as for the shopping mall it will be a 5-10 minutes walk to the nearest mall in orchard road , if you are a family they have connected rooms,

Room Tip: if you are a family they have connected rooms,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Abdulaziz A
Michelle_Isidro, Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Abdulaziz A,

It is fantastic to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have found the hotel's strategic location very accessible to all your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you again and being of service to you.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and 5 days.
Awesome crew great location and very clean rooms. We stayed at the signature club level and we had a blast.
The downside was the deposit amount that was 2000$ that I dump on my ccard and the rooms were little but over all everything was awesome ill will stay in this hotel on my next visit to Singapore.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saman F
Dear Saman F,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our Signature Club Room.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward for your return where we will continuously commit to ensure that you will have many more pleasurable stays.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Good offer during Singapore Press Holdings 's anniversary which value for money, $333 Nett for Signature Suite Room. Interior deco very oriental which most are red colour including the floor and club lounge. Unique and nostalgia which different feelings unlike most hotels' chic and cool feelings. 2 club lounges at different wings to access except Claymore club lounge did not serve breakfast and evening cocktail on weekend. Decent gym and pool which have a work out and swim respectively. Special mention on staff Ms Yuki, Ella and Joana who offered good if not excellent service. They were helpful, accommodating and served with passion and smile.

Room Tip: Club Rooms on 18th floor of Claymore Tower or 17th floor of Premier Tower which easily access to clu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Michelle_Isidro, Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear brnrd_h,

We have passed your comments to Yuki, Ella and Joana to acknowledge the service that they have genuinely extended in making your stay an unforgettable one.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to being of service to you again soon!

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My lovely family and I stayed at the Orchard Hotel in Singapore for a week recently. I could not at all fault the staff's commitment to service, and making my family and I very special. We stayed on the thirteenth floor, and three nights in a row had noisy people in the room next door so it made getting a good night sleep very hard. We asked to be moved to another room, but were advised that every room in the Orchard Hotel was booked out - I found that hard to believe. Bedding was very comfortable We stayed in a premier room, but even though the room was very clean it was very old and outdated. Could have done with a spruce up. Breakfast choice was fantastic, although certain breakfast foods were not very hot when consumed. It was very convenient to bus services and shopping, even though we did most of our shopping at the Suntec Mall. I would be happy to stay there again, but I would expect as good customer service that we should have been moved to another room, when noisy people in the room next door three nights in a row kept us awake for most of the night. The tour bus also comes straight to the door and there are usually plenty of taxis to catch out the front. I loved Singapore and staying at the Orchard was "nearly" perfect!! Thanks Michelle for the birthday cake and wine for my mum's special birthday!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Premier Room which needed to be a bit more modern. I would hate to think what a Delux...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sh F
Michelle_Isidro, Manager at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear SJF_12,

We are thrilled that you had a delightful stay with us. It is truly rewarding to hear that you felt welcomed at the Orchard Hotel Singapore and our staff had played an integral part in delivering an exceptional service that had made your stay memorable.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at Michelle.Isidro@millenniumhotels.com as it will be my pleasure to personally assist you for your future stay.

Once again, thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Orchard Hotel Singapore.

Inverurie
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here, room on the 13th floor of a decent standard, took a while for hot water to get there when required, apart from that no quibbles. Only had breakfast at the hotel which was of a good standard with a wide variety of options available. Hotel handily located for Orchard Road amenities of Bars, Restaurants and Shopping.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear IanH42,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

As our guest, it is our priority to ensure that your stay with us will be an amazing experience and as such we will look into the matter that you have highlighted.

We are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Best regards,
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I most recently stayed at this hotel on 4th August for two nights and ended up regretting it a second time. I normally stay in the Mandarin Orchard hotel which is close by but could not get in this time so thought why not have another go with this hotel. May be the past problems were a one-off.

The hotel has a great location. It is seconds away from the wonderful Orchard Road. The reception looks good and you get a good feeling walking in. But then it breaks down.

I had a booking for a room with king size bed. This is made over a week prior to arrival and the bed request was marked clearly on booking. When I arrived around 5-6 pm I was told that there were no rooms with king beds left that night. They had all been allocated. I challenged this and said I had a confirmed booking for a room with king size bed. I was then told that a booking for type of room is not guaranteed.

So what is the point of offering different types of rooms with options on bed size etc? conversely if I failed up to take my king bed then they would charge me one night for the room without a doubt.

After a protest I was given an upgrade. Still with twin beds though. 1-1 I guess.

This is the second time in a row at this hotel where there have been problems with the room on check-in. Last time I arrived late after midnight, after flying a long way,and they wanted to give me a room with no shower until the morning as there was maintenance going on. I asked the person at the desk if they were serious - maybe a prank I thought. No. They were serious.

I protested and was given an upgrade. That went well for one night until or so until I then discovered rubbish behind a curtain. I complained to reception and was given a further upgrade which was nice but not really the point.

What is it with this hotel. Trying to palm me off with a substandard room, dirty room or something other than what I asked for. Seems if you complain then you might get a better deal or not. But that is still not necessarily going to sort your problems. out.

For the me the place is simply unreliable, A booking is not really a booking. I never get this at the Mandarin Orchard and it is there that I will be going next time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tim D
Dear Tim D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that we have caused you.

We have taken notice of your valuable feedback and rest assured that we will take appropriate measures to ensure our guests’ comfort and satisfaction.

I would like to invite you to please contact me directly at Michelle.Isidro@millenniumhotels.com, so that we may work towards regaining your confidence.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here for one night. Arrived at 6.30pm, charming front desk staff who allocated a good room in the old block. Room refurbished and totally sufficient including really comfortable bed needed after a13 hour flight. We had buffet dinner in the hotel restaurant on 1 for 1 deal, (more commonly called 2 for 1 deal.) Excellent value except a pint of Tiger beer which was charged at nearly £10! Late breakfast was included with free wi fi in our on line deal, and it was again excellent. The best thing about this hotel is their smiling very courteous staff, and the Orchard is very geared up for travellers. Singapore was brutally hot and humid during our short stay, - plan your sightseeing carefully.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yamdrachir
Dear yamdrachir,

We are delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us and the superb service of our staff has made your stay memorable. We will be sharing this with our team to acknowledge the sincere service that they have delivered.

We look forward to welcoming you back.