“Location is Good”

Robertson Quay Hotel
Ranked #244 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Hi All

I stayed in Robertson Hotel from Aug 22nd to 25th, 2013 with my wife. I would recommend this hotel only if you are looking for a good location (Clark Quay). Rooms are very small and bathroom also very tiny. Price wise Ok. Reception is not so prompting. Overall i will give 3 star out of 5 star.

Room Tip: Choose a river side room.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My partner and I stayed her in Aug/Sept 2013, it was a lovely location along the river and a short stroll to Clarke Quay & Robertson Quay where there are many choices to eat, drink & socialise! However the location is the best thing about this hotel - however was a bit of a walk to the nearest MRT station, but taxi's are so cheap you can cab it anywhere anyway. It is dated, which makes the appearance dirty, the lobby (after lunch time) is swarming with what appears to be hookers (who sleep on the day beds around the pool til late). Buffet breakfast had very little choice however what was offered was nice! We swapped hotels to something that was $10 more a night and got a very nice, clean, modern hotel, so I suggest paying a little more and getting a nicer place. Also, we booked a zoo trip through reception, which we asked to cancel because my partner was sick, they said we couldn't cancel then I told a white lie about speaking to someone from the tour place and they refunded me my money straight away, so just have your smarts about you when dealing with the staff. If you do stay here I suggest going down the alleyway across the road, to the little Japanese place, delicious food for good prices!!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher room
2  Thank KuzzaH
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I've purchased two promotional connecting rooms for 3 days. The location is quite okay because its located in clarke quay. The rooms however were pretty old and small. There was also a renovation nearby which makes a lot of noise next to my room. In the evening it gets worse, I smell a heavy stench of paint outside of my room. To top it off, the wifi gives you headache. The password doesn't work until I accidentally logged in the wifi network in the lobby. It doesn't reall matter anyhow because I can't access any website besides google (if you try to surf other websites you will find a connection problem screen, as if you didn't connect to any network in the first place). In the end me and my family couldnot take it any longer and we moved to a better hotel although I have to forfeit some money for a cancellation fee. Don't play with fire unless you really need to. Don't stay here unless you really have no choice.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed on the 8th floor of this hotel.
The room is very small and the bathroom was tiny.
I believe that some rooms have been renovated but ours wasnt one of them.
The hotel is in a good location with a 10 min walk up to Orchard Rd and the Hop on Bus stop just one street over.
We wouldnt stay there again unless all the rooms has been renovated.
In its current state we would put it just above back packer.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tys63
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel was awful! I was so disappointed the exterior was seedy, lift claustrophobic and the room a disgrace. Everything was grubby, there was mould on the walls and the bathroom was absolutely disgusting (see photos). No toiletries are provided and the towels have long since seen better days. We didn't have time to use the pool, as thankfully it was just a one night stopover, so not able to comment on that. It is a shame the place has been left to get in this state as it is in a lovely position right on the waterfront with lots of places to eat and drink. In their favour they did offer us an early breakfast as we had to leave to catch a flight - unfortunately as it was early no eggs were cooked, the toaster wasn't on and everything was cold including the baked beans! I did have a nice glass of orange juice though!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cel56
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hotel was like 2-star hotel. Bed ok, nice view from window, but terrible bathroom, needs renovation quickly as it was all mouldy. We stayed 3 nights, so it was ok for short time stay. Breakfast was not good. Pool area was nice. And the location is why we chose this hotel, it was as great as we expected!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Alright pricing for a no-frills accommodation that's clean. It's pretty small though, so there isn't much space for luggage - and for those who're big-sized, you will find the bathroom cramped. Housekeeping only runs from 9am - 6pm apparently so if you need extra pillows and the like, go down to reception to request for extras before that - as no one picks up when you call housekeeping and when requesting after hours, reception said they'd try but the housekeeping room is locked and apparently they don't have access to it - we never got our extra pillows.

The pool is really small, more a soaking place than anything else.

Breakfast choices are very limited, so if given an option, I'd say don't take the breakfast, and explore the area which is littered with cafes with brunch options, unless you're on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends