The Elizabeth Hotel, just off from the main shopping drag of Orchard Road, will appeal to business travellers just wanting a room for the night or travellers on a budget. Having said that the bed and pillows were the most comfortable I have experienced when travelling. Staff and housekeeping were courteous. Our Deluxe Room was adequate but small given we had a roll away bed as well. Bathrooms are small but adequate. There was a smell in the room - perhaps it was a smoking room at one stage. We had to keep the air conditioning on just to get rid of it. Our mini-bar fridge wasn't working and we found out too late to save the food we placed in there. Stains on curtains and carpets. Breakfast was a huge disappointment. I felt queasy each time I had breakfast at the hotel but other members of the family were ok. We ended up having breakfast in cafes in the nearby Paragon Shopping Complex. Swimming pool area was lovely. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to Orchard Road and a little longer to MRT which is no big deal. There are two guest computers in the lobby. This was useful except when they were abused by people who would rather check their Facebook for hours at a time rather than seeing the sights.
Overall the hotel was adequate. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was for the fitness centre. The centre described on the confirmation email sounded just what we needed. We arrived to find that the hotel not only doesn't have a fitness centre but never had one! If you're looking for something special in Singapore this isn't the place for you. If you're just looking for somewhere to sleep then its perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with a distinct European accent, The Elizabeth Hotel is a modern take on a classical era, with its modern chandeliers and black marble counters accentuated by warm back lights. The overall look and feel of the interior décor is one of timeless elegance, with strong tones of colonial influences.Located just minutes from the famous Orchard Road shopping district by foot, and only a 25-minute car ride from Changi International Airport, we are strategically situated on the private and exclusive enclave on Mount Elizabeth.The Elizabeth Hotel is the definite choice for both business and leisure travellers looking for a hotel with character and within easy reach to Orchard Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth a Far East Hotel
- Elizabeth Hotel Singapore
- Elizabeth Far East Hotel
- The Elizabeth Hotel By Far East Hospitality Singapore