The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality
PARKROYALhotels
US$429
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$198
US$379
US$293
  • Pool
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$169
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
US$749
US$509
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$178
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$134
US$228
US$195
Official Site
1,593 results
All reviewsorchard roadlucky plazamount elizabeth hospitalpremier roomquiet locationyork hotelshort walkfamily roommobile phonebuffet breakfastnice poolpleasant staymini barshort staylate checkshoppingparagon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked a Suite (Room 1108) to celebrate my wedding anniversary (traditional) at The Elizabeth Hotel under their Weekend Savers promotion which include breakfast for 2 persons at Modesto’s. The actual anniversary was in May but I have to postpone it due to work commitments and I briefly mentioned it when I make the reservation with the hotel. So imagine my surprise when I stepped into the room and saw the lovely decorations done by the hotel staff. Thank you!

Unlike most of the other hotels under Far East Hospitality, Elizabeth Hotel does not have Club rooms. Instead guests that booked Primer, Family or Suite rooms enjoy access to the Executive Pavilion that is stock up with complimentary drinks, cookies, cup noodles, muffins, apples, etc, so you don’t have to go hungry in the middle of the night.

The suite is very spacious and they even have an iMac in the bedroom and a air ionizer in the living room which is so cool!

The only problem I have is the toilet bowl i.e. you have to flush several times in order to get rid of the toilet papers.

Overall it was a pleasant stay I and will definitely recommend Elizabeth Hotel to my friends.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mohd Faharudin M, Manager at The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Alson_Teo

We are privileged to be a part of your celebration and turning your stay experience into a memorable romantic weekend.

It has been a pleasure having you with us and making The Elizabeth the choice hotel for your special occassion. We have highlighted the challenge with the flushing system and the Engineering team has sinced rectified the issue.

The team look forward to welcome you back and thank you for recommending us.

Have a pleasant week ahead

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I traveled to Singapore for a quick overnight business trip, and as I had an appointment on Orchard Road this seemed like a good choice.

I arrived in the late afternoon on foot, and at first I was a little bit unsure as to whether I was at the right place since the signage is only clearly visible once you reach the door. I was warmly greeted by the porter who confirmed I was at the right place.

Check in was a breeze and everything was sorted in less than 5 minutes, with all information already updated in the system.

The room I had booked was the most basic type, as I only needed a place to sleep. Though I must say that it was showing its age, the carpet had a huge burn mark in it where some genius put a hot iron at one point, and the AC could not be adjusted, it was either on or off. Not a big problem for me since I love cold anyways. The bathroom was very clean, and the bed extremely comfortable. I was unsure whether the water bottles were free or not, so I opted to carry some of my own during my time there.

Check out was smooth and efficient, despite me having some very specific requirements for how the invoice was issued, they did it without any problems. A quick walk down the road and I took the subway to the airport for 2 dollars. Can't complain there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mohd Faharudin M, Manager at The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Vincent89BKK

Thank you for your comments on the carpet and air-con and will defintely address this with both the Housekeeping and Engineering team.

Nonetheless we are gald to know that your check in, check-out and stay experience have been a positive one.

The team at The Elizabeth Hotel thank you for makng us your choice hotel and look forward to your next visit.

Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I'm staying here from yesterday June 5th until June 8th. I booked the premier room which is that you should have when you're staying here; my suggestion. The room is clean, and the bed is comfortable as well. This is old hotel but premier room is newly renovated I reckon. But the breakfast below my expectation. They should have more food variety with good taste and 4 star standard hotel. Anyway location is good, if you take the mrt from airport alight at orchard and walk pass Lucky plaza and go straight to Far East plaza, there's good wood hotel next to it you'd find a shortcut through York hotel. Elizabeth hotel just across York

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Nhazzia

We thank you for recommending our newly renovated Premier Room and glad that it has met with your expectation.

The Manager in charge has been briefed on your breakfast expectation and the restaurant team will definitely review this during their next menu planning.

It has been a pleasure having you with us and look forward to welcome you back.

Wishing you a pleasant week ahead

Reviewed 4 June 2014

from the moment you walk in and meet the staff all is so good nothing is to much trouble for any of the staff we had mr Bernard Toe who went out of his way to assist and the rooms are a good size and spotless the food is good the pool area so nice to site and have your meal or a drink it is in fact a true holiday hotel nice people good food this is the place to go.the reception area is grand and as a hotel should be the lifts are fast we never had a delay well worth the money so give them a call

Room Tip: my room was good all you need hot water a good bed and room to walk around
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear NITRAM26

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us and we are gald to know that it has been a positive one.

We will definitely share your comments with Bernard Teo whose assistance during your stay has left a good impression with you.

Your recommendation is much appreciate and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Have a pleasant day

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I went to Singapore last year and I stayed here. It was a decent hotel..nothing extraordinary.
To be more understandable, I'll write in bullets
Pros :
*Nice Ambiance
*Good Cybercafe
*Nice and cute swimming pool
*Delicious Breakfast
*Clean and cozy rooms
*Fantastic-looking elevators
*Helpful and friendly Staff....they would solve any of your problems unless and until it is sensible..
*Good Gift Shop (Although it was a little expensive)
*They would most probably not charge you for the use of the chargeable minibar in the room...at least it happened with me!!
*Spectacular Location.... close to malls, shops, taxi rental(the hotel staff can go there and rent a cab for you) and the area is quiet also.
* All services and appliances in rooms and hotel is functional... The ACs, Lights, Ice Room...Elevators..etc.

Cons :
*No fitness centre
*Too expensive restaurants....for instance they will give you one small plate of spaghetti(and I really mean PLAIN Spaghetti with not sauce or gravy) for $45
*Old type of furniture in rooms
*Rooms are a little small (the Standard ones)
*No changing room near them swimming pool for boys... you have to change in your room and come to the poolside which looks a little awkward because you have to pass through the open restaurant and lobby...
*No early-check in is available even if you arrive just 15 mins early.....
* No spa or massage centre

Overall, it is a good hotel but because of the lack of changing rooms, fitness centre and space in the rooms, It gets a 3 from me. It is valuable if the cons don't matter for you..

WELL, NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING MORE..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vidit K

Dear Viditk17

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us and we have shared your comments with the respective departments in addressing your concern.

While the room size is something that we cannot modify immediately, we will definitely review the old type of furniture in the rooms during our renovation plan. We would like to share that we have completed renovating 100 Premier Rooms and would recommend that you reserve this room on your next visit.

We do have changing rooms at the pool side to cater for guests who would like to spend time at the pool area for a swim without having to go back to their room to change. Towels are also readily available.

Once again we appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit.