The hospitality rendered by the staff was stellar, from the efficient reply from Santos manning the email, to the helpful bellboys who offered their assistance with the luggage to the friendly and approachable staff at the reception. It was a pleasant surprise that we were upgraded by Nathan at the reception from a Superior Room to a Premier Room when he found out that it was our first stay at the hotel. First impressions account for alot and this first impression was a very good one. So kudos to the staff for having the initiative.
The Elizabeth Hotel may not be the newest in town, but it is undergoing or has under gone refurbishment, so while not all things may not be sparkling new it exudes an old world charm. Location wise, it is near shopping malls and the mrt, so shoppaholics rejoice!
Our stay came with complimentary wifii and breakfast at Modestos for two (buffet style). Breakfast was a simple affair. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't stellar as there was limited choices. Still it's good enough to fill you up.
The room was on the 7th floor, our Premier Room clean and decorated simply with clean lines and warm tones of white and brown. It was a compact but comfortable room with space to even place an extra bed! Speaking about the extra bed, it took quite a while for the bed to arrive but it was clean and comfortable.
Those with sensitive nose rejoice! In place of carpeting, it is all flooring - which does minimize the movement and collection of dust.
There are the usual toiletries: cotton (wool /swabs), shampoo, lotion, shower gel, razors, toothpaste and toothbrush etc... The shower area / toilet has a glass panel! But not to worry as there are shades that can be pulled down with some silhouette peeking through occasionally. So you might to stay with friends/family that you are comfortable with.
Overall, it was a good stay and the hospitality was warm and welcoming. It was just a staycation, but it was a good one.
Do check out my blog for more photos and the staycation experience! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with a distinct European accent, The Elizabeth Hotel is a modern take on a classical era, with its modern chandeliers and black marble counters accentuated by warm back lights. The overall look and feel of the interior décor is one of timeless elegance, with strong tones of colonial influences.Located just minutes from the famous Orchard Road shopping district by foot, and only a 25-minute car ride from Changi International Airport, we are strategically situated on the private and exclusive enclave on Mount Elizabeth.The Elizabeth Hotel is the definite choice for both business and leisure travellers looking for a hotel with character and within easy reach to Orchard Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth a Far East Hotel
- Elizabeth Hotel Singapore
- Elizabeth Far East Hotel
- The Elizabeth Hotel By Far East Hospitality Singapore