“A good stay and excellent staff”

Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #72 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Mumbai
“A good stay and excellent staff”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Me and my parents stayed at the Albert Court hotel in Singapore during our holiday. The hotel is located very well just at the cross roads from where Little India starts. Also the hotel is maintained well with well furnished rooms.

The staff at the hotel is extremely helpful and courteous. Our check-in and check-out was smooth mainly cause we were a group and things were already arranged. I was staying in a triple sharing room and the room was already ready and prepared as per the requirement of triple sharing with extra beds and requirement.

The look and feel of the hotel is nice and I would recommend it if you are planning to be close to Little India or the MRT.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Masooma2011,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review to compliment Albert Court Village Hotel and our staff. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad you liked our rooms as our rooms are restored from pre-war shophouses, and its character and heritage is what our guests loved. While maintaining the history and heritage of the building, we have also added modern conveniences such as wifi and LCD TV to ensure our guests get to enjoy the best of both worlds.

We are also glad to hear that you found our service great. Service is a hallmark of Albert Court Village Hotel, and we will continue to find ways to improve our service. We will pass on your compliments to our staff to spur them to continue to provide such great service.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Albert Court Village Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Yan Leng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Me and my wife stayed in Albert court village for 4 nights during our recent trip to Singapore. The stay was excellent and we were very much satisfied with our stay.

Check-in: We did have minor hiccups during check-in. We reached the hotel at around 9AM and they did not have our room ready. Not sure where the mistake was. Either our travel agents did not mention that we would need an early check -in or the hotel just goofed up. Anyways they offered us a courtyard room (A bigger room from the one that we had booked) at an additional cost of $40 per night. We took up the courtyard room and checked in

Room: The room was not big but was laid out elegantly. I guess in Singapore, space comes at a premium and we realized it quickly. The Gym and jacuzzi were right next to our room and were pretty good.The room was well stacked with most of the stuff that a traveller would need. A double bed, coffee maker, bathing tub, LCD TV, safety lockers, bathing robe etc. The bathroom was well stocked and was replenished everyday. The minibar did have some limited offerings which we did not bother checking.

Breakfast: The room package came with a complimentary breakfast. Breakfast was pretty good and we used to start the day on a positive note. Do try the desserts and fresh juices.

Location: The hotel is located very close to little India and for an Indian this is an added advantage (One gets all sort of Indian dishes around. Especially for veggies like me, it does help).. Our tour was planned out well in advance and every day we were picked up from our lobby for the tours. Must say that everyone keeps up to the time mentioned

Food: Apart from the break fast that we used to have we did not have lunch or dinner at the hotel since there are many options available around the hotel. Name a cuisine that you want and it should not be far away. We enjoyed, Thai, traditional Singaporean food and of-course Indian during our stay.

Checkout: check out was a breeze. We had an early flight to catch and had no issues in settling our bill.

Overall our experience was really good. The hotel staff were humble and always wore a smile while serving. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Planet_trekker1
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Dear Planet_trekker1,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review to compliment Albert Court Village Hotel and our staff. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We sincerely apologise for the lapse on the early check-in. Whether it is our error or the travel agent's error, it is still our responsibility to ensure a good stay for all our guests. We will always do our best to provide our guest with the best possible stay experience.

We are glad you liked our room and our breakfast. Our rooms are restored from pre-war shophouses and we have put in a lot of effort to ensure we retain its character, yet complement it with modern conveniences. As for breakfast, we will be offering breakfast at our newly opened Australian Restaurant soon. This will offer our guests further options and we are confident it will enhance the breakfast experience.

At Village, we would also like our guests to have a taste of the Village Experience. There are plenty of dining options located around our hotel, other than the 4 dining options located within the hotel. From fine dining to local cuisines, our guests are spoilt with choices.

Thank you for your compliment to our staff. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing that our guests had an enjoyable stay with us. We will pass on your ocmpliments to our staff to spur them to continue with such great service.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with Albert Court Village Hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Dking66
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have since relocated to Singapore from the New York City area. I was informed that I was being put up in the Albert Court Village Hotel. Coming from the NYC area, I have a preconceived notion of the level of service from any hotel. That level of service is the lowest of low.

Upon my check-in to the Albert Court and initial mini-issue with my room, the NYC hotel service perception was DEFLATED immenseley.

The staff, all the way from the porters, the front desk staff, the restaurant servers, laundry/maid staff, security and newly hired staff members went ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY.

I relocated a domesticated cat, Daisy, with me. I eventually found out that this was the first pet that the hotel ever had. I cannot tell a lie when I say, she was turned into the queen of the hotel.

I had left the hotel to move into an apartment. That apartment turned into a major nightmare issue. I arrived back to the Albert Court within 5 days and stayed for another month and a half.

Everyone at that the hotel treated me and Daisy as family. So much so, I considered a long-term stay option at the hotel. Unfortunately due to business constraints I was unable to go that route.

The whole staff bent over backwards no only for me but also for other guests including business folks and tourists.

Coming from 25 years worth of hotel/restaurant service industry experience as a second job, my corporate being the first, I was and continue to be thoroughly amazed that a hotel can be like this.

The hotel has become my local family here, with 2 people in particular that have turned into friends for life!

Once at the Albert Court, you will not have to worry about ANYTHING!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Mr King,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review to compliment Albert Court Village Hotel and our staff. We are glad to have impressed you with our hospitality and we are equally elated that you have finally found yourself a place where you can settle down.

Thank you for your kind words for all our staff. I am very touched by your words as this is what we worked for every day, to get compliments from our guests or just a remark to say they have enjoyed their stay with us. I cannot illustrate further on how much we value guest like yourself and we are certainly glad to hear you have found yourself a place where you can call home now.

I will pass on your compliments to all the staff and I am sure they will also be happy for you. We will certainly miss you and Daisy, and look forward to your futue visits.

Kobe, Japan
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed in the Alberg Court Village Hotel from May 6 to May 9 (three nights). I enjoyed using the hotel WiFi system. The connectivity was excellent.

I have one comment. At the check-in, the staff explained something about the internet service. Because of my low conpetence of English, I understood that I could choose the option of 72 hours in xx dollars. Although I signed up for this agreement, it was not reflected in the option window at the first access to the WiFi, saying "which option do you take, 15m, 1 h, 3h. 24h,...?" Because of this message, I did not realize that I had already made an agreement of three days. Each time, I chose minimum duration of the access, which was meaningless actually. The message should have been "You have an agreement to enjoy an unlimited access to the internet until x.xx hours on May xx."

Yoshio

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Yoshio-San,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review for us on Tripadvisor to compliment Albert Court Village Hotel. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We have recently doubled our wifi bandwidth in December 2011 and this has greatly improved the user experience and we have received great reviews from our guests. Thank you for your feedback on the Internet Menu. We will certainly review the menu to allow more user friendliness.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with Albert Court Village Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

KOTA KINABALU, SABAH, MALAYSIA
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Overall, I had never had a bad stay in Albert Court.

WHY?

The STAFF there always makes me feel welcomed and at home. One of the most disliked issue with staying in a hotel is delayed service eg waiting and waiting to be checked in.

I've never been kept waiting - just long enough to get the necessary things done and my room key is handed to me. And I can go straight into my room, wash up and rest. That is very nice for someone who had travelling a long distance from overseas and the taxi ride from airport.

TWO THUMBS UP for Albert Court Staff!

Room Tip: To me, a good room means being able to go into your room immediately upon arrival and after register...
1 Thank TAN T
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Tan T,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review to compliment Albert Court Village Hotel and our staff. We are glad you have enjoyed all your stays with us.

As part of the Village Culture, we would like Service to be the hallmark of our brand. We will certainly continue to seek continuous improvements in this area through innovation and looking for new ways to serve our guests.

Thank you for your continuous support to Albert Court Village Hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Albert Court Village Hotel makes you feel at home the moment you arrive. The warm welcome and attentive staff, plus the overall ambience, relax you immediately. My room was comfortable, but not fancy, and very, very clean. The surrounding area, Little India, provides a wealth of shopping and places of interest. The cafes, restaurants and shops in the courtyard outside the hotel are independent but the shopkeepers are very friendly and welcoming......in the same spirit as the hotel. Each day I felt like I was coming home as the hotel staff and shopkeepers were interested to know if I had had a good day and where I'd been. Since I was travelling on my own this made me feel very happy. I would highly receommend this hotel to travellers, especially those who are a little tired of the big, impersonal 5-star chains.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the courtyard are my personal choice.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Dear LynnJeanette,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review to compliment Albert Court Village Hotel and our staff. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

At Village, our promise is to bring you unique experiences from Singapore’s enclaves of culture, tastes, sounds and sights. These elements permeate through our building designs, decor and infuse into our friendly and thoughtful service. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the "Village Experience".

To cotinue to build on the Village Experience, we have introduced The Village Trishaw Tour to aloow our guest a taste of the historic transport through the Arts and Hertiage district. We have also brought in new restaurant like our All Day Breakfast Australian restaurant, Kookaburra, and will be looking to bring in more to complement the experience.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Albert Court Village Hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel that is located close to bus & train and the hop on hop off stops. The staff are so helpful and they allowed early check in! Really appreciated the comfortable rooms and lovely courteous staff. Would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Take the Club Room option, includes wifi and some laundry everyday.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Loosy75,

Location of our hotel is certainly one of the main draw for our guests. This is because we are located in between Orchard Road (main shopping district), Little India (arts and heritage district) and Bugis (another shopping belt). Little India MRT (subway or metro) is also 3 minutes walk from our hotel.

Stay Village. And discover.