“Comfortable hotel for business and holidays”

Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #77 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is in the heart of the Singapore city. It is very well connected through buses, MRT and other mode of transport. The hotel has 2 wings , new and the heritage one and both are good spacious. For Indians travelling on holiday it is near to the Little india the Indian dominated locality making easy to get food of your taste and choice. It also has a hotel with Indian and Nepali food It is close to Bugies market which is kind of street shopping with bargainings. It is also close to Boat quay and clark quay and Marina by the bay etc, For business it has a strong and very fast wifi and it is part of your room cost.

Room Tip: Stay at the heritage wing which is good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nitin_anan
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear nitin_anan

Thank you for your review of our Hotel here on Trip Advisor and we are glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location and most of all the services.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Village at Albert Court soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,483)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I find the Albert Court is in the perfect location for me. I've stayed there four or five times now over the last 10-15 years and make a point of looking for room availability as soon as I know I'm visiting Singapore.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the staff are always willing to help with a smile.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jonathan S
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Jonathan S

We would love to welcome you back to our Hotel the next time you are travelling to Singapore. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally make your hotel arrangements.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed there in early May for 4 nights. It is close to Little India MRT station exit A, which is just 5 minutes walk. It also takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to Bugis station along a straight road where there are many hawker stalls and a lot of eateries. The location is good and convenient.

As for my stay, I sent an email to the hotel before my arrival stating my need to have a quiet room. The hotel responded quickly and confirmed that they would make the arrangement accordingly. When I arrived, the concierge staff reconfirmed that they had received my email and had allocated a quiet room for me. My room was not facing the courtyard. The room was in a quiet environment at late night, though you really could't control your neighbours going in and out of their rooms and banging their doors at late night.

The room is big in terms of Singapore standard. When you travel in Singapore, you may find that there are many boutique hotels asking you for over US$220 a night but only give you a shoebox to stay in. My room in Village Hotel Albert Court is large enough for a couple to move freely with big suitcases. It is also a great value of money as what I booked include free breakfast, wifi and two bottles of mineral water per day. I also came to know during check-in that I could also get compliementary laundry services (two pieces of clothing per day, excluding dry-clean) and make free local calls. That's really good, as my friends staying at some boutique hotels was charged for everything.

The staff are polite and helpful, such as booking a table for me at local restaurants. The buffet breakfast was also quite good, with a few hot dishes, breads, juices, fresh vegetables and fruits, salads and even freshly made omelette to choose.

The reason why I didn't give a 5-star rating is that the wifi didn't work since the second night and the wash basin drained slowly. But these didn't affect me seriously.

To sum up, this hotel is a good choice for a stay in Singapore for its good value of money services, convenient location and quite large rooms with windows! I stressed the term "with windows" because you can find many hotels in Singapore giving you no windows room and charging you a huge add up on a room with windows. Considering that I am not a prisoner but a holiday maker, I definitely don't want to stay in a no window cell. Everything in Singapore is expensive but this hotel is really a gem amongst its overcharged counterparts.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard may be noisy as there are many bars and restaurants in the courtyard. Ev...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wisteriahwong
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear wisteriahwong,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay with us.

We appreciate that you hold our Hotel in such high regard and I would like to personally apologise for falling short of your expectation, for the inconvenience you had faced with the wifi. Kindly be assured that your comments will be shared with our team, so that we can ensure a seamless guest experience in the future.

We hope to welcome you again the next time your travels bring you back to Singapore.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Village Hotel Albert Court is situated close to Little India. The one thing that appealed me of this hotel is the location...the hotel is centrally located to a lot of main attractions in Singapore.
The Staff is very warm in their approach and do go out of their way to help you.
I had requested them to arrange for a cake for my husband as a surprise for my wedding anniversary.
They did arrange for it and also did not charge a penny for the cake.. it was complimentary from the hotel.
the hotel has good restaurants in the vicinity where u can catch a quick drink and have good food.

Overall its a great , comfortable place to stay if you are not expecting something over the top and fancy and its also good on your pocket :)

i would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jaskachroo,

Thank you for sharing a review of our Hotel here on TripAdvisor.

We always appreciate receiving feedback directly from our guests as it allows us to understand what we're doing right and the areas for improvement, so that we can ensure an enhanced overall experience for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you visit Singapore.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

A small hotel close to "Little India". The area of little India takes some getting used to, but the hotel is well situated on the side of it- so it feels more "European". The staff is very friendly and proactive. Rooms are small but nice and clean, the bathrooms are a bit vintage though still ok. We stayed there for only one night and had breakfast to go in the morning, so I cannot judge the buffet. The breakfast box however was well prepared and packaged. All in all a nice and relatively cheap alternative for the city!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank softic
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Softic

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate every feedback that we receive and whenever possible we will improve on the areas. Your compliments for our staff and location are areas that we are proud to share with our guests

We want you to continue to love us and select us as your Singapore home whenever your travels bring you back to the City in a Garden. If I can ever be of assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My daughter and I spent one night in this hotel as a stopover in Singapore. The staff did all they could to make our stay comfortable. We were able to check in early as our plane arrived very early in the morning. The next day we had a late check out and then were able to come back and take a shower before leaving for our plane. Breakfast was superb and catered well for a vegetarian and a vegan. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gillian B

Dear Gillian B,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel here on Trip Advisor. We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful experience, especially due to the service of our team. Your compliments has been shared with the team.. We would love to see you again if your travel brings you back to our garden city.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Was there on 3 nights stay recently. The building apparently is under conservation and i was briefed on the history by an Indian gentleman who was seen talking to to guests at the entrance. The architecture reminded me of the Raffles which just a short walk down the street. The location of the hotel. Pool not available...it would have been good as it was hot in singers.

Room Tip: ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cameron E
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Cameron E,

Thank you for sharing such a succinct review of our Hotel here on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you visit Singapore.