“One of the best gateaway”

Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #81 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

i had a great vacation in this beautiful city,i was staying in this hotel last week,was not expected so much coz i know it is a standard hotel,but not until the manager Mira recommend me to upgrade to enjoy the Club benefit,TERESA was the best bar host.she makes me feel @ home in this City,she guide me where to have the best affordable but fantastic lokal food.it is worth it! I love her honesty,aside from that all the staff was really accommodating one of the best hotel i stayed.KUDOS to the Management.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Theresa V,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review here on TripAdvisor.

So great to know that you had selected us during your visit to Singapore and that we had made it a memorable experience for you.

Hospitality is one of our hallmark at Village Hotels. We trust our staff are genuinely inculcated with personalised service culture to ensure all our guests are well looked after. I will certainly pass on your comments to Mira and Teresa. .

We can't wait to welcome you home again soon!

Stay Village. And Discover.

rameshkanesan@fareast.com.sg

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights in this very comfortable hotel. Great location; Little India is an amazing area to explore. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would not hesitate to go back there on next visit and/or recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cs d,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay.

I am glad that you had enjoyed the experience and certainly appreciate your feedback.

Your recommendation of our Hotel is appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming you again the next time you're in Singapore!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Close to Little India, this place is well located and very warm. I found the staff very courteous and helpful. I stayed there for good 6 nights and was very happy with my stay. Breakfast is decent and the restaurants right outside in the courtyard are also good options to explore. Bugis street is at a walking distance for flee market shopping and Little India right across the road. All in all a good family hotel specially for Indians for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Avoid a corner room...where the washroom is bigger and room space smaller
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Samata P,

I am delighted to hear that the location was convenient and you liked the surrounding. Our location is one that is near historical areas, like Little India, Buguis and Arab Stree.

There are lots of activities and shopping that reflects the old Singapore life style.

I have shared your feedback with my tea, and it will be a great pleasure to meet up with you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is my third time that I stay in Albert Court Village Hotel.
This time I found that they have improved their services very well.
The hospitality extended to me was excellent from the time of checkin
till the time of checkout. Any service we require just by one phone call and
within minutes the service was rendered. The hotel location is really wonderful
and the MRT station access is a blessing. For the Indian community it is an
added advantage that it is within Little India and most of the Indian shops
and Restaurants are in walkable distance. No doubt for my next vist to
Singapore ALBERT COURT VILLAGE WILL BE FIRST CHOICE

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Susamanual,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience in our hotel recently and your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Our location is well liked by our guest and it is very heartening to receive your endorsement.
As part of improvement process, we have refurbished all our superior and deluxe rooms and appreciate your return patronage in the upcoming months.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is in the heart of the Singapore city. It is very well connected through buses, MRT and other mode of transport. The hotel has 2 wings , new and the heritage one and both are good spacious. For Indians travelling on holiday it is near to the Little india the Indian dominated locality making easy to get food of your taste and choice. It also has a hotel with Indian and Nepali food It is close to Bugies market which is kind of street shopping with bargainings. It is also close to Boat quay and clark quay and Marina by the bay etc, For business it has a strong and very fast wifi and it is part of your room cost.

Room Tip: Stay at the heritage wing which is good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nitin_anan
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear nitin_anan

Thank you for your review of our Hotel here on Trip Advisor and we are glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location and most of all the services.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Village at Albert Court soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I find the Albert Court is in the perfect location for me. I've stayed there four or five times now over the last 10-15 years and make a point of looking for room availability as soon as I know I'm visiting Singapore.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the staff are always willing to help with a smile.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jonathan S
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Jonathan S

We would love to welcome you back to our Hotel the next time you are travelling to Singapore. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally make your hotel arrangements.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed there in early May for 4 nights. It is close to Little India MRT station exit A, which is just 5 minutes walk. It also takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to Bugis station along a straight road where there are many hawker stalls and a lot of eateries. The location is good and convenient.

As for my stay, I sent an email to the hotel before my arrival stating my need to have a quiet room. The hotel responded quickly and confirmed that they would make the arrangement accordingly. When I arrived, the concierge staff reconfirmed that they had received my email and had allocated a quiet room for me. My room was not facing the courtyard. The room was in a quiet environment at late night, though you really could't control your neighbours going in and out of their rooms and banging their doors at late night.

The room is big in terms of Singapore standard. When you travel in Singapore, you may find that there are many boutique hotels asking you for over US$220 a night but only give you a shoebox to stay in. My room in Village Hotel Albert Court is large enough for a couple to move freely with big suitcases. It is also a great value of money as what I booked include free breakfast, wifi and two bottles of mineral water per day. I also came to know during check-in that I could also get compliementary laundry services (two pieces of clothing per day, excluding dry-clean) and make free local calls. That's really good, as my friends staying at some boutique hotels was charged for everything.

The staff are polite and helpful, such as booking a table for me at local restaurants. The buffet breakfast was also quite good, with a few hot dishes, breads, juices, fresh vegetables and fruits, salads and even freshly made omelette to choose.

The reason why I didn't give a 5-star rating is that the wifi didn't work since the second night and the wash basin drained slowly. But these didn't affect me seriously.

To sum up, this hotel is a good choice for a stay in Singapore for its good value of money services, convenient location and quite large rooms with windows! I stressed the term "with windows" because you can find many hotels in Singapore giving you no windows room and charging you a huge add up on a room with windows. Considering that I am not a prisoner but a holiday maker, I definitely don't want to stay in a no window cell. Everything in Singapore is expensive but this hotel is really a gem amongst its overcharged counterparts.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard may be noisy as there are many bars and restaurants in the courtyard. Ev...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wisteriahwong
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear wisteriahwong,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay with us.

We appreciate that you hold our Hotel in such high regard and I would like to personally apologise for falling short of your expectation, for the inconvenience you had faced with the wifi. Kindly be assured that your comments will be shared with our team, so that we can ensure a seamless guest experience in the future.

We hope to welcome you again the next time your travels bring you back to Singapore.