2,858 results
All reviews little india sim lim square club room bugis street indian food mrt station walkable distance early check superior room comfortable stay hotel staff an upgrade buffet breakfast rochor rocher jacuzzi shopping
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Lovely hotel, with helpful efficient staff. I stayed here with my family in January 2014. We were satisfied with the hotel. The breakfast was good, the rooms were clean and the gym was ok. Location could have been better, although it was interesting living close to Little India.The metro system works really good in Singapore, so it was still easy to get around town. The rooms were a bit small, but still nice.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Fanny H

Thank you for choosing Village Hotel Albert Court and taking time to share you observation in this forum.

We are truly delighted to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and appreciate your commendations of our team members.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The staff are efficient and helpful like the rest of the hotels under Far East Hospitality and they really go all the way to make the guests feel comfortable during their stays. In term of location the hotel is only about 5 mins walk from Little India MRT Station and so not a problem if you want to go shopping at Orchard Road which is a few stations away.

When we came to the hotel we couldn’t find our way to its main entrance as there is no proper signage. When checking in we were asked to pay a $50 deposit which I find it strange as we have just stayed at Rendezvous Hotel which is under the same Management, and they did not request any deposit from us. After checking in, we were directed to go to our room at the Club Wing which is at the next building, but again it took us a while to find the entrance.

We love the Club Wing! The surrounding designs remind us of the chalets at East Coast park or a resort and the place really smells nice. There are only 2 levels in the Club Wing and you have to cut across the Club Lounge to your room if you are staying on the ground floor or take a lift within the Club Lounge if you are staying at the 2nd floor. If you need to have windows and sunlight in your room, don’t take the rooms on the ground floor, unless you want to risk people peeping into your room.

We really like the room but I am disappointed with the bathroom as it does not have a separate place for standing shower. If you do not want to use the bathtub, you have to be very carefully not to spill water all over the bathroom’s floor. And if you have the habit of wearing the hotel’s slippers into the bathroom, please be very very careful as the floor tends to get very slippery when wet. After I slipped twice during my short stay, I decided to go barefoot whenever I use the bathroom.

I was also surprise to find a Bible in one of the drawers. When doing research on hotels I read somewhere on the Internet that if you see a Bible in your hotel room, asked for a change of room immediately as the room might be “dirty”. So out of concern I went back to the main building, and was advised by a staff that it is a normal practice for the hotel to place a Bible in the rooms.

Feeling slightly better after his assurance I went back to my room but on the way back, I approached another hotel’s guest if she has a Bible in her room and she told me she is not sure. After discussing with my wife we decided not to switch room and see how things go. I know I might sound silly but after a couple of bad experiences in hotel rooms in Malaysia I have no intention to having uninvited guest in my room again. Well I am please to inform you that except for a few noise at about 5am, which we both concluded that it MUST BE from the other rooms, we had a peaceful night.

Another point to note if you are a Club guest is that the evening cocktails are located at the bar at the main building and not in the Club Lounge. And as the Club Lounge does not offer afternoon tea, it is quite deserted most of the time, which is a good thing if you just want to relax, read a book, etc. We noticed that even during breakfast, most club guests choose to have their breakfast at Albert Café & Restaurant which offers more choices, as the breakfast spread at the Club Lounge is quite pathetic.

Room tip: If you need to have windows and sunlight in your room, don’t take the rooms on the ground floor at the Club Wing, unless you want to risk people peeping into your room.
Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alson_Teo
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Alson_Teo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly share this with our team. We are currently looking at our food offerings for club and we will improve on it. Our ability to improve our product and service offerings has been a hallmark for this hotel over the past years and we will continue to ensure our guests needs are met and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and I would be pleased to personally facilitate your reservation.

rameshkanesa@fareast.com.sg

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed in the Village Albert Hotel for two nights. Could'nt have been more pleased. Everyone so friendly and the hotel room was big and clean and a lovely bathroom. the staff were great and it is in an ideal place from which to explore, minuets from Little India and we felt so safe going out. the hotel is next to a lovely courtyard full of little shops and places to eat. We only had breakfast once in the hotel which could have been better but not bad. We will stay again when next in Singapore which is Fantastic. We loved it.

Room tip: Any room it's all so nice & quiet.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee T

Dear Dee T,

It is exhilarating to know that your overall experience was excellent.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Warmly welcomed by the receptionist and having a great room for the getaway is perfect. Breakfast can be improved but overall my family and I had enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you to every staffs of Albert Court!

Date of stay: May 2014

Dear CeciliaLoe14,,

Village Hotels are committed to delivering an experience and this brings great pleasure to our team.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and our team look forward to seeing you soon!

Stay Village. And discover.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Staff is very service oriented and always on their toes to help you. Their Breakfast spread is also not that bad. The location of this hotel is their plus point. Everything is very convenient and near distance. You have to only cross the road to reach Little India or MRT. we will definitely stay at this place again if we visit Singapore again. Thank you!!

RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear ras249,

Greetings from Village Hotel Albert Court! Thank you for your review of our Hotel here on Trip Advisor. We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful experience, especially the location and service from our team.
Your compliments has been shared with the team.

We would love to see you again if your travel brings you back to our garden city. Appreciate your recommendation of us to your family and friends.

Yours Sincerely,