I stayed at the Village Hotel Albert Court for two weeks in deluxe and club rooms in July. I enjoyed my stay here and would consider staying here again. However, I think I preferred the Park Royal at Beach to the Village Albert Hotel, so I would probably look around first. The Village Hotel Albert Court has two real strengths: its staff and its location. I thought the staff was worthy of a five star hotel. They learned my name quickly and any request was quickly answered. The room was also always really well serviced. The location is particularly good. It is very close to both Little India and Bugis, so there are many shops and restaurants close by. The Little India subway stop is also about a three minute walk away.
In terms of the rooms, both the deluxe and the club room were a good size. There was not really much difference between the two. With the club room, the main benefits are breakfast, which is good but sometimes extremely crowded, cocktail hour, which is excellent if the bartender is there (however, at least a couple of nights a week there is a non-bartender there who is only able to make the most basic drinks), and two free pieces of laundry each day. There is no club lounge with food and drinks that you can access at any time. If I were to stay there again, I would probably go for the deluxe room and get drinks and breakfast nearby.
There were a few negatives about the hotel. I found the internet connection pretty poor in the building with the club room although after I mentioned this to staff it did improve. The beds in the deluxe room are pretty hard, and in the club it is better but still not great. The breakfast was so crowded a few time that you had to share a small table with a stranger and if you get up to get more food, someone might come and take your seat. The breakfast was very good though and for most days it was not too crowded.
Overall, I think the Village Hotel Albert Court was a reasonable hotel that is worth considering. There are lots of good choices in Singapore though so it may be worth looking around first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Albert Court is a landmark of Albert Street restored from pre-war shop houses. The Paranakan-styled hotel has enhanced the historical shop houses with modern luxury to endowed guests to enjoy convenience while indulging in its rich cultural guestrooms. This popular hotel lies along the famous street for food and beverage before the 1980s, Albert Street. It was named the Gourmand Street of Singapore in Cantonese. The many celebrated restaurants still exist around the hotel today. The well located hotel is located in the heart of Singapore and is easily accessible to the Business District and Shopping District, which offers convenience to both the business and leisure travellers. From April 2014, experience the newly refurbished rooms designed with the necessities and comfort in mind for both business and leisure travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert Court Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Albert Court By Far East Hospitality Singapore