“Great staff and location, good hotel”

Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #78 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at the Village Hotel Albert Court for two weeks in deluxe and club rooms in July. I enjoyed my stay here and would consider staying here again. However, I think I preferred the Park Royal at Beach to the Village Albert Hotel, so I would probably look around first. The Village Hotel Albert Court has two real strengths: its staff and its location. I thought the staff was worthy of a five star hotel. They learned my name quickly and any request was quickly answered. The room was also always really well serviced. The location is particularly good. It is very close to both Little India and Bugis, so there are many shops and restaurants close by. The Little India subway stop is also about a three minute walk away.

In terms of the rooms, both the deluxe and the club room were a good size. There was not really much difference between the two. With the club room, the main benefits are breakfast, which is good but sometimes extremely crowded, cocktail hour, which is excellent if the bartender is there (however, at least a couple of nights a week there is a non-bartender there who is only able to make the most basic drinks), and two free pieces of laundry each day. There is no club lounge with food and drinks that you can access at any time. If I were to stay there again, I would probably go for the deluxe room and get drinks and breakfast nearby.

There were a few negatives about the hotel. I found the internet connection pretty poor in the building with the club room although after I mentioned this to staff it did improve. The beds in the deluxe room are pretty hard, and in the club it is better but still not great. The breakfast was so crowded a few time that you had to share a small table with a stranger and if you get up to get more food, someone might come and take your seat. The breakfast was very good though and for most days it was not too crowded.

Overall, I think the Village Hotel Albert Court was a reasonable hotel that is worth considering. There are lots of good choices in Singapore though so it may be worth looking around first.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Webbst
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Webbst,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel here on Trip Advisor. We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful experience, especially due to the service of our team. Your compliments has been shared with the team. I will certainly look into the other areas that you have mentioned. We would love to see you again if your travel brings you back to our garden city.

Yours Sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,480)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

There are two reasons why this hotel is recommendable first, the location of the hotel is superb it is near of everything..second, the staff of this hotel are the most welcoming ever u meet in Singapore.they always have a big smile and i always have a fresh draft of beer in the Lobby Bar serve by Teresa. I got some issue about my booking of City Tour but the Manager Mira help me out to be possible.she's the best!
All in all, I am very happy i choose this hotel i will be back and for sure one of my best choice!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ervin jay s
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear ervin jay s,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly share this with Mira and our team. Our ability to improve our product and service offerings has been a hallmark for this hotel over the past years and we will continue to ensure our guests needs are met and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and I would be pleased to personally facilitate your reservation.

Stay Village. And Discover.

Ramesh kanesan

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed there over last week as we were having major renovation at our house. Staff are friendly, but however, came to realize the facilities only when the AM-YingKai walked us around when we enquire about the GYM in the hotel. He showed and walked us around the hotel which make us feels so comfortable compared to other hotels.
I will be back again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank islandbreaker

Dear islandbreaker,

Greetings from Village Hotel Albert Court Team. Thank you for the feedback and commendation for Yin Kai. It is certainly a pleasure to have locals staying with us and exploring the surroundings.
We are currently running a “Colour Weekend” promotion. This is great for parents and kids to spend time together in learning fabric painting.

I have passed on your comments to the team and it will be our pleasure to meet up with you on your next visit..

Stay Village and discover.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Arrived in Albert street to meet some friends for a meal at a nearby restaurant and unfortunately my friend who has a heart and blood condition than can be very serious if not treated, started to feel really unwell on route to the restaurant. So after managing to walk slowly over to the restaurant and sit outside to try help her cool down, one of the local bar owners suggested going into the lobby of this hotel to benefit from the air con. The security guy and one of the porters were extremely helpful and kind in allowing my friend to sit down in the bar area and even provided a glass of ice cold water. The porter and security guy also offered to call for a doctor should she need one, and also when asked promptly called for a taxi, which when it arrived, he led us out to, making sure the taxi driver knew where we were going to. In a country that has many a rude person (the Chinese approach to getting things done allegedly, but this is also adopted by some local Singaporeans who find general politeness a real effort) the staff we encountered at this hotel restored our faith in what kindness and level of service (even when not a paying customer) can be found.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bif023
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear bif023,

Greetings from the Village Hotel Albert Court Hotel Team. We hope that all is well with your friend and you enjoyed your rest of the time in Singapore.

I have passed on your comments to the team and if you do come to Singapore, it will be our pleasure to host you.

Stay Village and discover.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Me and my friend had an excellence time in the hotel bar lounge after having finish our 1st day workshop in the hotel meeting room. The service by Theresa was fantastic and she goes the extra mile to make us feel comfortable with the many variety of cocktails, mocktails and finger foods. This hotel is definitely one place I will strongly recommend for traveller looking for a cozy place to stay in.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rocketboy70

Dear Rocketboy70,

It delights me to hear that you had a wonderful time in Village Hotel Albert Court. We truly appreciate your commendations of our team member, Theresa.

Village Hotels are committed to delivering an experience and this brings great pleasure to our team.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and our team look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I found the Village Hotel Albert Court to be very good in all aspects. The staff were very helpful and provided tips about travelling in the area. The location is a short stroll to Little India, and MRT and a supermarket across the road to get supplies like milk and coffee. Our flight was at 11pm to leave Singapore and I was very happy when I was offered bag storage and and access to a shower prior to going to Airport even though we had checked out at 12. I will stay here next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan C
RameshKanesan, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Alan C,

Thank you for choosing Village Hotel Albert Court and taking time to share you observation in this forum.

It is delightful to know that your overall experience was excellent.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Stay Village. And Discover.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a staycation from 9 to 11 Aug as part of my birthday celebration, and was pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade to Premier Room upon check in. Room was located at the courtyard and was quiet and near the gym and Jacuzzi. While the room was spacious and TV was big, it will be better if the bed was at least Queen sized.

We were impressed with how well trained and courteous the staff were. The hotel may not be 5-stars, but the staff definitely matched the quality found in top hotels.

On my birthday, we were also invited to the club lounge for drinks and finger food. It was a nice gesture by the hotel management.

Room Tip: Choose Premier Room, you will not regret!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NuttySingapore

Dear NuttySingapore,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel here on Trip Advisor. We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful experience, especially due to the service of our team. Your compliments has been shared with the team.. We would love to see you again and meet you in person the next time you stay with us.

Yours Sincerely,