I was here for four nights and was soon impressed by the lovely scent that greets you, the gradeur of the entrance area, and more notably by the staff's personal touches and attention. The breakfast attendant would greet me by my first name, the bar staff insisted on offering a free hot toddy sans alcohol when I enquired about a lemon tea for my sore throat. I was also there on business and booked a meeting room and the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was set up well. The rooms are average size by American/Canadian standards but large by Singapore standards. They have all you need. The location is another bonus: a lovely stroll away on a pedestrian path a couple blocks to the famous Bugis MRT and market area and lots of stalls to choose from. It's also across the road from the Little India MRT and Little India itself. Some great food to choose from whether it's the Banana Leaf resto or the Tekka food centre. We booked nights with breakfast included and it is incredibly generous and lovely: choices of hot foods, typical continental and then things like omelets and traditional Malay and Indian choices. Highly recommend. No complaints!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Albert Court is a landmark of Albert Street restored from pre-war shop houses. The Paranakan-styled hotel has enhanced the historical shop houses with modern luxury to endowed guests to enjoy convenience while indulging in its rich cultural guestrooms. This popular hotel lies along the famous street for food and beverage before the 1980s, Albert Street. It was named the Gourmand Street of Singapore in Cantonese. The many celebrated restaurants still exist around the hotel today. The well located hotel is located in the heart of Singapore and is easily accessible to the Business District and Shopping District, which offers convenience to both the business and leisure travellers. From April 2014, experience the newly refurbished rooms designed with the necessities and comfort in mind for both business and leisure travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert Court Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Albert Court By Far East Hospitality Singapore