“NO INTERNET!”

Carlton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #60 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you want to purchase internet in the room, be aware there is no wifi, so you need to have a laptop or Apple airport to plug in the cable. Hotel says wifi will come next year. there is a nice food court right behind the hotel...good asian food and cheap. walk 5 minutes further on the same road and you will find bogis street (great place to buy souvenirs and other stuff). You can also walk to Merlion park and take a ferry ride around the bay area and up the river.
For FastFood lovers - McDonald's right behind the hotel. There is Raffle City Mall in front of the main entrance. There are nice places to eat, as well supermarket and some shops. There is no Wi-Fi in the room, only in the lobby.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CabinCrew2014
There are newer reviews for Carlton Hotel Singapore

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Perfect location, we were able to walk everywhere that we wanted to see. Rooms spacious with everything supplied, tea, coffee, iron and ironing board. The thing that impressed me the most was the attentive staff on the Reception Desk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Last April 6 my family of 8 got 4 rooms at Carlton Singapore, I was asked to give them my card for the deposit which they assured that they will credit back after 14 days. Since I want to monitor if the deposit was indeed credited back to my account, I gave them our debit card. After 14 working days I checked but still there was no credit. I diligently make a follow up everyday but until now, almost a month since we checked in, no amount was credited back to our account, worst I only receive a very few email feedback regarding my concern which stated that they already informed their bank about it, clearly the management of Carlton Hotel did not make a follow up with their bank because up to now, no amount was credited to my account. This is already taking up a lot of my time. Should have I known that this would happen, I should have given them cash as deposit or better yet stayed in a better hotel. By the way I demanded that they call to give me a feedback but they chose to ignore it. Should I write to their General Manager about this? One thing is for sure, i will never ever recommend them to my family and friends after all the hassle that they put me through! Too bad some employees from the concierge are doing their best to give quality service unlike those to correspond to my emails.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Abbie V
Reviewed 30 April 2014

How far back do you go when reading Tripadvisors reviews? Read enough reviews and certain features stand out and in regard to the Carlton poor Wifi facilities and excellent location are frequently mentioned. What does become apparent from past reviews is that most of the bad reviews are written by guests who stayed in the Main Tower and good reviews written by guests who stayed in the Premier Wing. The Carlton is rated as a 5 star hotel and the facilities certain justify this rating. The in-house Wah Lok Restaurant is one of the best Cantonese restaurants in Singapore and directly opposite the hotel in Chijmes is the Lei Garden, another first class Cantonese restaurant.

I am sure the rooms in the Premier Wing are also up to 5 star standard. The rooms in the Main Tower where my wife and I stayed are definitely not up to 5 star standard. The Main Tower rooms are dated, tired looking and long overdue for a renovation. In fact the Main Tower will be closed for a total renovation this coming July - something the owners should have done five years ago. For the $245 a night my wife and I paid for our five night stay in the Main Tower at the Carlton better accommodation can be found elsewhere in Singapore. However, if you want to stay at the Carlton between now and July then my advice be to pay the $100 extra to stay in the Premier or Executive Wings. Right now the Main Tower rooms in the Carlton are not value for money.

Room Tip: Stay in the Premier Wing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is something. I feel so proud to choose Carlton. The moment I entered into the place I was totally moved by the lobby. A pleasant ambiance all around the hotel. We were totally happy with our room. Superb at cleanliness. The bathroom has all the amenities especially the cotton wool pot was super cute. The room was so spacious. The breakfast area was great with amazing foods. The swimming pool is sooo happening, a complete sedan.
And last but not the least LOCATION. Oh gosh...literally just a few steps to the MRT Station. So convenient to go anywhere, Robinson shopping mall is just beside the hotel so it's a total thumbs up for shopaholics like me :D
I can't think of any other hotel other than Carlton while I am unwinding in Singapore :D

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrotters1117
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times in the last 2-3 years and some of my says have been extended ones of 3 weeks. The facilities are top class and its just across the road from the City Hall station. The rooms are aesthetically done and the service is very good. The restaurant offers a host of cuisines. A great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My favourite hotel to stay in whenever I drop into Singapore for a visit, be it business or leisure. First visit was in the 1990's and been coming back since then.
Was greeted with a 'welcome back' at the check-in counter.
Stayed in the Premier wing on this visit and also 2 years ago.
Love the room and the view of the Chijmes, Raffles City etc.
Especially love the bathroom and the Nespresso machine which my coffee loving visitors enjoyed.
Location is central and thats the main reason I chose Carlton for my stays.
Monsaic Cafe had a very good international buffet for dinner and breakfast.
Check out was quick.

Room Tip: Request for the Premier wing, the old wing will be undergoing refurbishment sometime this year.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo