Carlton Hotel Singapore
US$336
US$238
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$192
Hotel Jen Orchardgateway Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$194
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$116
  • Pool
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$191
Official Site
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$146
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
4,308 results
All reviewsnew wingraffles citygravity barpremier club roomopposite rafflesbras basahexcellent locationmarina baymrt stationsbusiness triproom was spaciousbugis junctionclub loungecentral locationan upgraderain showershopping centre
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Quick check in upon arrival, concierge staff helpful but only thing I wasn't expecting from a 4star hotel in this day and age is the use of wifi only in the lobby otherwise extra charge in the room.

The room in itself was immaculately clean, house keeping cleaned everyday, nice clean bathroom with separate bath and shower. Room service was quite quick though my club sandwich arrived cold.

Small pool but functional, didn't have the time to use it. Location quite ideal for airport and business district. It's only 20minute drive with taxi to the airport and about $25. Walking distance to business district as I didn't want to get stuck in traffic.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Staying here on business for 4 nights

The reception is wide open and airy, and a very pleasant temperature after the humidity outside.

Was given a room with a view over the Raffles hotel and the marina basin in the distance, so the view cannot be faulted.

The bathroom was large and very well furbished, but like many modern layouts, there is little room for toiletries, so enough for 1! The separate bat than shower were brilliant, and they still had views if you wanted them through the glass wall.

Bed area was large and comfortable with one soft chair and one office chair next to the desk. The work area was good and reasonably lit with it's own lamp. Lighting elsewhere was fairly subtle and pleasant rather than bright.

The bed was comfortable and a good nights sleep was had each night (sometimes hard to get out of in the morning, lol)

The major criticism I had was the WiFi!!!!!
Downstairs there is free WiFi which was pretty good and not too slow even with many people using it. Good enough for Skype messaging and email anyway.

However, the room internet connection was very different. Apparently it has been designed to only accept two devices per paid for connection S$20 per day. However, I never managed to get more than my laptop connected. I even tried the support line and got assistance, solved it at the time, but the issue returned as soon as I had left my room and returned. Coped after that with just the laptop.

The pool area was very clean and welcoming, though on a day where there are many visitors, there available sun loungers would quickly fill up. The pool itself was refreshing to cool down in and was big enough to have an ok swim. Just be aware I didn't see any markers to show where the pool got deeper.

If the issue with the WiFi hadn't occurred I'd have rated this hotel 4/5.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have just had a week staying in the new Premier Rooms which are terrific. Comfortable, modern with stunning views all the way to the Marina. We upgraded to Club room which included breakfast in the Club room on 19th floor and cocktails and canapes each evening. Well worth it.
The staff at hotel very good especially the doormen. But best of all is the location. Opposite the iconic Raffles Hotel and also Raffles City Shopping Centre which has everything including a supermarket and food hall. It is easy to get anywhere from this terrific hotel

Room Tip: The new Premier wing with a view facing the Raffles.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Carlton Hotel is located in a very nice part of Singapore, walking distance to Raffles City shopping centre and Orchard Road. I really enjoyed my stay as I was able to wander out of the hotel and have everything I could ask for only a 5 minute walk away. Directly opposite the hotel is Chimes which is a lovely little area and the beautiful historic Raffles Hotel is also very close only a 3 minute walk away. The hotel has a very impressive foyer which is new a offers free wifi connection which was very useful during my stay. My room was large, clean and comfortable though very dated in the sense that the bathroom was in dying need of an upgrade and it just didn't appear fresh or modern though I did have a new flat screen TV but after seeing photo's of other rooms in this hotel I think I was given one of the older one unfortunately : ( : ( : (. The amenities were also very good as I frequented the gym which was well equipped, the hotel staff were all also very friendly and happy to help with any queries I had. I was happy to discover there was a DOME cafe also close by which I visited often I recommend that to others too : ) I walked from the hotel to Orchard Road which was only 15 minutes away so overall I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to others but it would be an idea to request a newly refurbished room as that will make your stay even better!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Airline lost my bag so had to stay in Singapore for one more night so we chose to stay at the Carlton. It didn't disappoint. We stayed in the new east wing, rooms were great, staff were coolio and the breakfast was divine.
The mrs loved it so job done!

Bali here we come!