“Great Hotel!”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #21 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We were for the first time in Singapore. As I am a HH Diamond member, I decided to stay at Conrad Singapore - and I will definitely not regret that.
Everything is just perfect at this hotel. The staff is really helpful, they helped me even after my check-out! (I had a problem with a luggage so I had to buy a new one. They kindly assisted me, they offered me a private space for that, a drink, a coffee, and they helped me also to get rid of my old luggage. The staff was really friendly and helpful, and all those even AFTER I checked out!)
The room was very nice, with a really nice view (25th floor, with a nice view at the Wealth Fountain). I was surprised by the bed size (it's really huge, and probably about 1m height - the biggest bad as height I ever had :) ). It was also probably the cleanest room I ever saw in the Hilton Chain.
You can enjoy at Conrad Singapore a really good breakfast, a combination between asian food and Hilton traditional breakfast. If you have a complementary lounge access, you will be also impressed - from the service to the great view, everything is made just to be perfect. (the Lounge is at the 33rd floor, with a nice view to the Marina Bay )
From all my stays ever, I can definetely name this one as my best stay - the staff is the most polite, kind and helpfull staff I ever met! Geat job, great hotel, probably the best one in Singapore!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank adymu
Write a ReviewReviews (4,569)

Reviewed 28 August 2011

We spent 5 days in the hotel when on holiday. It certainly has grandeur and chic, obvious the moment you enter the lobby with high ceilings, striking design featuring dark colors and gold and a coffee corner with sky-rocketing prices. From my point of view the hotel is overrated. It is quiet standard business hotel which charges significant overhead for the luxury it does not provide. Our room was a standard room you get in Hilton chain of this level, in terms of size, design, available services and functionality. Good-quality furniture, standard size, nice fittings in the bathroom, featuring shower booth and bathtub. All appliances working. Bed comfortable but very high mattress which is cumbersome to climb. Tea and coffee-making facilities available. Nice view on the Million fountain.
Service was good and friendly but again standard if somewhat excessive in the points where it does not make much difference to making your stay more comfortable like putting out sleepers for you at the foot of the bed every night.
The hotel has very good location – next to shopping centers, underground station and the marina.
Breakfast buffet was excellent – wide variety of European, Asian and Indian breakfast dishes. Eggs, pancakes and waffles made to order. Fresh-squeezed juices. Quite pricey but worth it if you have time to enjoy it.
Given the level of hotel all prices for spa, food and services are very high.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I used to travel to Singapore regularly for work (several years ago) and always loved the Conrad. So when we decided to spend the weekend in Singapore earlier this year, I was automatically drawn to Conrad - despite having other (newer) hotel options around the 350 price mark. It was a familiar feeling walking into the lobby; the check-in process was smooth and we were escorted to the room by one of the attentive staff. The room was nice; we had booked a king bed which was very high to get on/off. However, the city views from atop this giant bed were great. Breakfast in the restaurant had a wide range of options.
Internet access in-room was a bit fiddly - but lobby's free wifi was a decent alternative.
Overall experience was great ... but I couldn't help thinking that a room refresh (bathroom fittings in particular) would help keep the Conrad above the rest.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GDDSydney
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This is one of my favorite hotels and i go out of my way to spend a few nights here when travelling. It's well located,next to a bunch of shopping malls and a lot of day tours start across the street at suntec. Executive lounge access is worth the extra money and really love the extra high beds.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Needy elephants
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We have stayed in this hotel a few times over the past couple of years and always in their Executive rooms with club lounge access. This would have to be one of the best hotels in the region in every aspect, simple as that. It is a must try if you think you have stayed in a very special hotel, this one is very good.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coghlan
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. Executive lounge is very good, buffet breakfast is superb and staff are very attentive.
Location is in the business district, but not too far from main shopping areas.
We are always made to feel welcome every time we stay and are hoping to return next year.
The teddy bears are a nice touch. We are hoping to add to our collection!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed here for one night recently. Was booked into executive room and as given an upgrade to a suite - very nice with separate lougne and bedroom.

Extras in the executive lounge are very nice, breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails (this are all included in your rate). Staff were exceptionally helpful and polite.

Overall and excellent hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business