“What a fantastic hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Centennial Singapore

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #26 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“What a fantastic hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Just returned from 4 nights at the Conrad Centennial in Singpore. What can I say but fantastic!This hotel has a great location (first and last stop for Hop on hop off), walking distance to the Flyer and the Marina Bays Sands and about 15 mins from the airport. The service is exceptional, staff are warm and very helpful. Breakfast is great (warm food a bit cold) but otherwise a great selection to suit every taste. Our room was exceptional. I have never seen such a well equiped and immaculate room. It had everything you could possible need and lots more. Quiet location also. Lastly have to comment on the bed. The matress/pillows were the most comfortable I have ever slept on.
We would return in a heart beat and if you are due to visit Singapore (and what a great city) we will definitely return here. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear Cliona R,

Thank you for your compliments of Conrad Centennial Singapore, it is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We very much appreciate your feedback on our service and breakfast, of which we have taken note and will ensure that the usual quality standards are indeed met. We are also delighted that you found the bed very comfortable for your well-earned rest!

Thank you for making us your preferred hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Singapore in the future.

Heinrich Grafe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Splendid - the service and attention I received on my six-night stay was terrific. It's the little things that make the difference - you'll probably think I have ADD, but when I stay for a while in a hotel I move stuff around. The trash cans, those unwanted roll cushions, the hotel guide and even things on the desks. It drives me nuts when each day the cleaners move them all back when I moved them to make it easier, here, when I moved them, they all stayed where they were - they understood the guest wanted it that way and left it. Like I said, little things.
Decent location as taxis solve any problem in Singapore. restaurant was good for breakfast.
Hope to stay again....

Room Tip: Higher floor if you don't have acrophobia ....
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear TravellingTyke007,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore.

Thank you for your kind feedback of the hotel. We certainly agree that the little details do make a difference and for us, this is especially so when it comes to enhancing our guests' stay.

We hope your travels bring you back to Singapore and look forward to serving you again.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I had high expectations of their service from reading other reviews, and was still impressed by their level of service. Things were done beyond our expectations.

All service staff we met were very polite, knowledgeable and helpful. After checkin, the counter staff brought us all the way up to the room and showed us the room. The guy at the spa counter was able to give helpful suggestions regarding which spa therapy was suitable for us and fitted our schedule (but was not pushy). When told the lifts didn't seem to be working, a staff we met in another lift was apologetic and promptly brought us to the right level.

We had a complimentary cake served to our room for our anniversary, and it was a nice sized cake that tasted very good!

Even though we used our Hhonors points to redeem the room, not once were we treated like cheapos, but were thanked for being an Hhonors member.

As for the room, the sound proofing could have been better as I could hear doors slamming, or music from the Suntec fountain/Millenia walk pubs even though we were in the corner room.

However the service made up for everything and I would recommend this in a heartbeat for anyone who values good service.

Room Tip: The corner room is larger than the rest and has a good view of the suntec fountain and some parts of...
1 Thank pawsielee
Dear pawsielee,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is very rewarding for my team to know that their warm and efficient service was a highlight of your stay and anniversary celebration. We very much appreciate your feedback and have taken your comments regarding the room into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.

Antipolo City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

The hotel is located in a very strategic area (Marina) where one can easily access the MRT to go anywhere in SG. The Marina Square Mall and other attractions are just a few minutes walk away. It was both our 2nd time to stay at the Conrad but it was the first time the wife and I stayed there together. The previous stays were on business trips and we told ourselves we should try staying at the hotel during one of our trips to SG. We were rewarded with a really nice room. We had our breakfast at the hotel and the great selection was as expected considering its 5-star stature.

Dear d0ctrine,

It is a pleasure to know that you and your wife enjoyed your well-earned break in Singapore with us!

Thank you both for your continued patronage. As always, we look forward to being of service to you again.

Canada, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!!Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!! Excellent stay! I will definitely come back & stay again!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dear ann0312,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Centennial Singapore, it was a pleasure having you with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Nice hotel in the Suntec part of Singapore. Walk to the offices in Suntec, shops in Marina Square, the new Singapore Flier, Boat Quay, Chimes, etc.

Rooms are large. Mine was 40 meters or so.

Gym is a bit small for the size of the hotel. Can get crowded at peak times. On the plus side, the gym is open 24 hours.

Attention to detail is lacking. Served cold tea at breakfast. Room was not thoroughly cleaned. Quilt had a few holes and a small stain. No one at the concierges dest at 7:50 am once. I expect more from the Conrad. Staff willing and responsive to fix problems, but I had to ask.

Room Tip: Change your money across the street at Marina Square Fountain Moneychanger unless you like paying ho...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear 10RatsRock,

Thank you for posting your review of Conrad Centennial Singapore, we very much appreciate your feedback and insights from your stay with us.

We sincerely apologise that the service shortfalls you encountered affected your stay experience. Indeed, my team are dedicated to providing the best service for all our guests and continue to work hard to uphold the high service standards expected of us.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I flew into Singapore on a Saturday morning for a quick visit. As I was arriving on a red eye from India, I got into Singapore very early in the morning. Upon arriving at the hotel (around 8am) I was immediately offered a room, which was very unexpected.

The room was a nice size and had all of the necessities. I am not one for watching TV on a trip, but the TV in the room was huge. The bed, pillows and linens were very comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious and the bath products provided were excellent.

The hotel's location is very convenient for use of Singapore's MRT. The hotel is literally right outside of the Promenade station, and the Esplanade station is just a short walk away. You also have several malls nearby (I found Suntec to be extremely overwhelming) as well as several restaurants.

As I was only in Singapore for 36 hours, I requested a late check out for Sunday. Being a HHonors Gold member, I was guaranteed a 3pm checkout which was nice. I did not take advantage of the breakfast buffet as I was extremely tired from my travel the day before and slept through it.

I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in Singapore. The staff were very friendly, and I honestly can't find a single complaint about the place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear gregyaeg186,

Thank you for taking the time to review your brief stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore. It gives us great pleasure to know that your short time with us left you with a very positive impression.

We really appreciate your encouraging feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.