“Great place to stay shame about mix up with breakfast”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #21 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stay here for 3 nights with the family and the hotel service was great from the moment we arrived to when we left. The rooms are very comfortable and the location is great, within walking distance to the Singapore Flyer and Marina Bay Sands and next to suntec city shopping centre and MRT station outside.

The breakfast is great here but hated the long queue every morning to be seated. Also on check in I was told I could have breakfast downstairs or in the business lounge and then on the first day after seeing the queue downstairs I asked if I could go to the business lounge and was told I couldn't and had to have breakfast downstairs. 2nd morning got told I am suppose to have breakfast in the business lounge and not downstairs but would accomodate us after I told them what i was told on the first day. 3rd morning was asked if I would go to the business lounge so we went but the spread wasn't as good and the service was awful if non existent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear emeraldxx,

Thank you for your compliments on Conrad Centennial Singapore.

Whilst we are glad that you were generally happy with our guest service, rooms and location, we are sorry for the inconvenience regarding your breakfast allowances. We agree that this could have been better executed and are taking steps to ensure that such situations are prevented. Our Executive Lounge team also extends their apologies for the service shortfalls.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to deliver a better overall experience to you should you return for another stay in the future.

There are newer reviews for Conrad Centennial Singapore

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My family recently stayed in this hotel for several days. The property is great and the rooms are well done, clean and large. Logistically this hotel is great, the location is very close to a MRT subway station, there are three shopping malls within a block and numerous restaurants. You can also easily walk over to the Marina. Breakfast was excellent, pool is very nice and the staff is also really great. This is what a five star hotel should be.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear ConstantTraveller74,

Thank you for staying with Conrad Centennial Singapore. It is our pleasure to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us, from our convenient location to our guest room, swimming pool and service.

We are humbled by your kind compliments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Recent new hotels in Singapore, notably in the Marina Bay Area have taken the spotlight off the Conrad and other hotels in Singapore the Conrad really is an excellently hotel by every measure. Comfortable rooms, a great executive floor Club room with more staff that I have ever seen in an executive lounge all in a premium position. In my experience service here cannot be faulted. On one stay I was ill and called the hotel doctor, who arrived within 20 minutes. When he left reception called and advised they knew I was ill and leaving on a 9pm flight and offered me free 7pm checkout and limousine to the airport...now that is real service, when you need it most. Very highly recommended to leisure and business travellers alike.

Stayed: July 2013
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Ashley G,

Thank you for letting us know what made your Conrad Centennial Singapore experience a memorable one. It is wonderful to know that our comfortable rooms, Executive Floor and our team’s outstanding service highlighted your stay with us.

We truly appreciate your kind recommendation of our hotel. You are always welcome to your home away from home and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

When you walk into the hotel's impressive lobby, you feel like you are in a 5-star hotel. The rooms are also well-furnished, but a bit smaller than I was expecting. Location is good; convenient to both the airport and the city center, and good MRT subway access if you want it. The staff is welcoming. The breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant was also good, although perhaps a bit too noisy and busy (I could have also eaten breakfast at the pool restaurant, which seemed quieter but had fewer food selections).

That said, the place seems like an expense account hotel. If I were paying my own money, I don't think I'd stay here. It's just too expensive for what it is -- which is very good, but not great. And there are a lot of very good hotel options in Singapore.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dave's_reviews,

Thank you for your generous compliments of Conrad Centennial Singapore, which we are humbled by.

My team and I are glad to know that you enjoyed our location and accessibility, breakfast offerings, and felt well-taken care of during your stay with us. We are however, sorry for the inconvenience you experienced through the restaurant’s ambience.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back with our unique Conrad hospitality.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Living in Dubai for the past 5 years I have stayed at some pretty special hotels... The Conrad as a building its self is nothing of note Its what you would expect for a 5 star city hotel. However where it separates its self is with the amenities and service. I have never experienced service like it. Going the extra mile is an understatement! I had originally booked the Fullerton but changed my mind at the last minute and what a result that turned out to be. If you are staying in Singapore this is the place to stay, Perfect location 5-10 minutes from everything. Everyone from the check-in staff to the laundry staff were absolutely amazing. The building might not compare to the amazing architecture and beach views we have in Dubai but they have a lot to learn in reaching the service standards of Singapore and especially the Conrad!

Room Tip: Its worth taking the executive room so you can have access to the breakfast facilities by the pool w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Emad M,

Thank you for your generous compliments to my team members, whose outstanding service made your Conrad Centennial Singapore experience special and memorable. We are truly heartened by your encouraging feedback and recommendation of the hotel, and it would be our pleasure to deliver more great Conrad hospitality experiences to you in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

+ the view from the room / comfort / the executive lounge and floor/ the breakfast ( one of the best we had)

- location ( a bit far from the center) / the pool (they could make it better)

The stay was pleasant. Bussines hotel mkstly.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mihail P,

My team and I thank you for your kind feedback on Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

With regard to our location, you may wish to know we are located just a three-minute walk away from the Promenade MRT station, enabling our guests access to virtually anywhere in Singapore. We are also next door to some of Singapore's premier malls and entertainment centres, including Millennia Walk, Suntec City (also home to convention facilities) and Marina Square. For local attractions, the Esplanade and Singapore Flyer are within walking distance from our hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is the second visit to this hotel and it was as good as the first. Plenty of check in staff. Excellent breakfast. Newspapers. Clean comfortable quiet room.
Walkable distance to the Marina bay area. (Running map available, if you can deal with the humidity).
Swimming pool and gym were useful.
I didn't see any small children there which is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Room Tip: I had a standard room and the bathroom was massive, the view good, and the room was spacious (arm ch...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear emmachisett,

Thank you for letting us know what made your Conrad Centennial Singapore experience wonderful! My team and I appreciate your positive feedback on our service, breakfast offerings, amenities and guest room, it is a delight to know that you were comfortable and felt well-taken care of during your stay. We value your continued patronage and as always, look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.