“First and probably last visit”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #21 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 13 April 2014

While I have heard much acclaimed over the Conrad, I have to say I was somewhat disappointed. Firstly positives, room and bathroom size really good generous size with a nice firm comfortable bed. Air con super effective which was a welcome relief. Very clean.

Decor extremely dated, while fabric choices can be personal taste, the furniture was dated and the paint work appalling. Serious need of professional paint job and clean of the vast sized window ledges which are stained more than dirty.

For the price, extremely surprising that we had to call housekeeping to organise an iron and ironing board and the bedroom resiously lacked power points to plug in all manner of gadgets that we now travel with. Certainly no power point in the proximity of the bed to plug in a CPAP machine which is kind of the point of travelling with one which an increasing number of folks do if they suffer from sleep apnoea.

Breakfast room over looking the pool, fabulous location but again, terribly dated decor from paint colours to fabric and serviettes. Food good and ample qty to choose from, staff super helpful. I was told by my partner who stayed here a year ago that apparently the manager commented that refurb was "planned", execution not evident.

With Sofitel opening this May in Singapore, our next stopover may well be elsewhere.

C'mon Conrad, for upscale Hilton and the price, this isn't doing you any favours.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter v
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Peter v,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Conrad Centennial Singapore, and we value your feedback, which will help us to continually strive to provide outstanding service for all our guests.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast by the pool and thank you for your kind compliments. While we are glad to learn that you received good service from our staff and enjoyed our good location, we sincerely regret that certain aspects of the hotel fell below your expectations. We are planning for further enhancements to our guest rooms and facilities in the near future. As plans are still being finalized, I cannot give an exact time as to when we will execute them.

We thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience for you on your next visit to Singapore.

Mark Meaney

Write a ReviewReviews (4,623)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Being 2 times stayed in the same hotel. The staff is incredible as the check-in fast and brought me to my room straight away. The rooms are very confortable even the style is slightly past. Great place also for business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Sook Peng N,

Thank you for your kind compliments on our efficient check-in. It is a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed here a year ago and wrote a review that the hotel was tired and needing some TLC. My post garnered a response for the hotel assuring me that they were upgrading the rooms and breakfast but I am very sad to say that it's worse, not better.

Firstly, I will say, as I always do, the staff at Hilton group properties are exceptional and the Conrad Singapore is no exception. Well done on that.

However, nothing makes up for the dated screaming '90's rooms (Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter would be right at home here) and granite clad lobby. Obviously 25 years ago, this would have been stylish, now it's more like a museum piece. The rooms are well proportioned and appointed and whilst impeccably clean, they are in desperate need of a make over. The paint work is grubby and the ceiling edges look like they were done with a kid and a toy paintbrush.

The breakfast is very boring and set in an awful room, although it does look out to the pool. Conrad, please source better pastries and western food, your competitors are so far ahead of you.

Anyway, you get the picture from my perspective. Clearly the hotel is not trying to upgrade and until it does, you should not part with your hard earned money (because it's not cheap) as Singapore has many, many properties that will take your money and provide you with a contemporary experience that matches the price charged.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BSBtraveller

Dear BSBtraveller,

Thank you for reviewing Conrad Centennial Singapore, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests and your feedback helps us to focus on what is important to our valued guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed the exceptional Conrad hospitality from our staff.

We sincerely regret that certain aspects of the hotel fell below your expectations, including the breakfast and the rooms. We review all of our food and beverage offerings on a regular basis and will of course take your's and all other feedback into consideration as we review the existing offerings.

Thank you also for the comments regarding our rooms - whilst the rooms are, as you say, impeccably clean, well proportioned and appointed, they will be getting upgraded in the near future. As we have not yet finalized the plans, I cannot share further information on this with you for the time being.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it is only with such feedback we can improve, and we do hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back with a better Conrad hospitality experience.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Customer service exceptional. Travelled with wife and daughter and the staff were very kind and made such a fuss of my daughter and gave her hotel teddies. Room was huge and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was the best I have ever experienced in a hotel, which is saying something. The choice available was stunning.

Stayed enroute to Sydney. My wife had never stopped off before, but with a young daughter we decided to stop off in Singapore. Having sampled the Conrad I believe this will be our regular stop off hotel. I look forward to the next time we get the chance to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank James1976

Dear James H,

It is such a pleasure to know that your recent stay with us has made Conrad Centennial Singapore your hotel of choice in Singapore, thank you for your generous compliments. To know that you and your family very much enjoyed your experience is a wonderful achievement for the team. We are already looking forward to your next visit to Singapore and to being of service to you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very confortable even if style is à bit past.The staff foods bar are best for the area. Every one is here to please you and are really knowing what they are doing. Great place also for business.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JFOMC

Dear JFOMC,

Thank you for your positive feedback of Conrad Centennial Singapore, it was our pleasure to be of service to you! My team has received your generous comments with much appreciation and they look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my 5th stay at the Conrad and my 4th in an Executive room. I always look forward to my stays at the Conrad, but I must say I was a little let down and disappointed this time by some slight but noticeable changes in service and quality.

Firstly, upon arriving at the Front Desk, the usual 'Welcome back to the Conrad" greeting was not forthcoming. It may seem a small thing, but to be recognised and greeted as a returning guest does tend to make one feel valued and welcome.

This time, I took advantage of the paid one room upgrade at checkin, and upgraded to an Executive Premier Room. This was not on any of the Executive Floors, but on one of the lower floors of the hotel, so the view was not as I had anticipated and I would not book one of these rooms again in the future. The room itself was fine but when I entered the room, none of the usual amenities were there - the bear, the slippers, the welcome back letter etc. I went out for dinner after checking in and when I returned 3 hours later, the items were all there.

The pool - on all my previous visits, as soon as you arrived at the pool and settled into a chair, an attendant would greet you, bring you a glass of iced water and a menu. Last year, there was a lovely lady on duty at the pool and it appeared she no longer works there. during my daily visits to the pool on this stay - I was not approached ONCE and never received any water.

The biggest disappointment overall was the Executive Lounge - the overcrowding problems seem to have increased, the presence of children is growing. there seems to have been a complete change in staff as well . Over the past few years, the lounge was serviced in the most by a regular group of gracious, more mature ladies. None of them were present this time and the staff were all quite young and seemingly inexperienced, and not really interested. There was no real assistance in helping a single lady find a suitable seat in the evening.

One night, I asked for a glass of chardonnay only to be told they had 'run out' of chardonnay and only had sauvignon blanc. There was no offer to try and obtain another bottle - I found it incredulous that another bottle of chardonnay could not be located quickly, particularly as I heard another guest ask for chardonnay 5 minutes after I did. This compares badly with my experience last year when at 9pm one night, I asked for ice cream as I had a sore throat and the attendant went out of his way to obtain a small serve for me.

I also felt that there was slightly less choices available in the evening canapés.

All of these things may not seem that big and important, but to me, they are the little touches that made the Conrad special. At this point, I am not sure if on my next trip to Singapore I will return to the Conrad, as I will definitely be tempted to try one of the other hotels in the Marina Bay area

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Steege51
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Steege51,

Thank you for your continued patronage of Conrad Centennial Singapore which we truly value.

Your feedback is very important in helping us to focus on what is important to our guests. My team and I pride ourselves in always endeavouring to deliver great Conrad hospitality experiences and it is regrettable that the quality of our service did not meet with your expectations. I wish to assure you that we are taking positive steps forward to address the points you have shared. My team also continues to undergo regular training sessions and process reviews in order to ensure that their service delivery is upheld at the high Conrad standards expected of the hotel.

As we come close to setting a date for the upgrading works to our rooms and facilities, my team and I sincerely hope that you continue to stay with Conrad Centennial Singapore. Should you be planning another trip to Singapore, please do not hesitate to contact our Front Office Manager directly for your booking at nelson.chu@conradhotels.com

Thank you for your valuable feedback and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I checked in a noon after an early flight from hong kong
The lobby is large, fresh and comfortable
The front desk staff was diligent and the check-in fast
Someone brought me to my room straight away
The room is not ultra moderm but classy classic
Warm colors
Nice bed linen and comfy pillow
The bathroom is simple covered with beige marble with a bathtub (with the Conrad yellow duck) and a separated shower
The toileterie is adequate
The fan really gets read of the steam but is a bit on the noisy side

There is the usual teddy bear on the coffee table with complementary fruits and pralines
The coffee machine is from nespresso with a choice of 3 coffee.
It is a detail but nespresso really taste good and is neat and handy

Overall a very reliable classic hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Philippe G,

We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay and thank you for choosing Conrad Centennial Singapore for your recent business trip. We appreciate your positive feedback on our service and comfort of our guest room. We are also glad that in addition to the fruits and pralines, the Nespresso machine was also a highlight of your experience!

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.