“Great location, pleasant hotel”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #20 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location, pleasant hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3-4 times, usually for 4-5 days at a stretch. The property is well maintained, clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool is fantastic. The gym area, while small, is clean and sufficient.

The breakfast buffet is great, nice selection of food -- for all tastes. The bar areas (both inside and outside) are also nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear shs111,

My team and I are delighted that you have enjoyed your Conrad Centennial Singapore experiences. We truly appreciate your kind feedback and it is always our pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home!

Mark Meaney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
MUMBAI, India
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Conrad Singapore is located very close to the business district and ideal for business travelers. This was my first stay in Conrad Singapore, though I have stayed in other Conrad hotels before. The room was quite spacious fitted with modern furniture and fixture. It had a very good view of the Marina bay. The room was also very quiet.The staff are very courteous and the check-in and check-out process was very swift and efficient. The breakfast is quite sumptuous and full of variety of food. Overall I had a very satisfying experience.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Udaya Shankar J,

Thank you for staying with Conrad Centennial Singapore, it was our pleasure to welcome you. Your positive feedback on our service, food and facilities is very much appreciated and we are delighted that your felt at home with us. We look forward to having you with us again when you next travel back to Singapore.

nevada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The service in this hotel is truly outstanding and I would highly recommend staying there if you are in Singapore. There are very few faults; however, being critical, the rooms, while quite nice, are starting to show their age and the gym equipment could use some updating.

I had access to the executive lounge. Again, the service was incredible. Rather than have breakfast in the main restaurant, I tended to use the lounge - smaller selection of choices but very quiet and relaxing.

The location of the hotel is excellent - plenty of restaurant choices just across the street from the hotel.

1 Thank alang2nevada
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear alang2nevada,

Thank you for commending my team members for their outstanding service, which highlighted your Conrad Centennial Singapore experience. We are glad that you were comfortable and felt well-taken care of during your stay.

You may wish to know that we are currently working on the masterplan for the hotel's refurbishment in the near future. In the meantime, we look forward to delivering more great Conrad hospitality experiences to you whenever you visit Singapore.

Chennai
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was on business and I stayed in this hotel for about 15 days. just amazing... security, privacy and the high standards of service which is linked to Asian's are well exhibited here.

Food was great, the location is just amazing... right next to everything you need in SG. MRTS is just a block away if you need to go anywhere else... Amazing service. I was here close to Christmas and they had a Christmas tree made of cute little Teddy's. There was a complimentary Teddy with chocolates in the room.... during check-out, I informed the reception the concept was very nice and my son would like the Teddy but he was not with me as it was business travel. Before I could get a taxi ride to Airport, I got about 4 / 5 Teddy's Teddy's gift wrapped along with a few Tweety floaters which were there in the bath tub as a gift for my son. Just amazing, how soon they can think on the feet, get the necessary approval / process in place to WOW the customer.... just amazing. Thank you team.... I still have those teddy's at home...!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AK_Chennai
Dear AK_Chennai,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you to Conrad Centennial Singapore, my team and I are delighted that your experience with us from last Christmas remains fresh in your memory! It is certainly rewarding for my team to realise that there warm and attentive service highlighted your stay and we hope that your son enjoyed our signature Conrad Teddy Bear and Rubber Ducky.

You are always welcome to your home away from home, and we hope that you will bring your family on your next trip to Singapore. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for a night as part of a layover paid for by airlines as my connection got missed Great location close to airport and near many businesses. Rooms are of high quality (though I got twin beds and not single king size) Late night menu for dinner had limited options for vegetarians but the sandwich was well made. Breakfast had the usual good spread typical of all these hotels. Check-in process was simple and straightforward. I guess the only sore point for me was their responsiveness to my request for express laundry - As I did not carry any additional clothes I really had to clean up my existing shirt. I had to make 3 calls and wait for what seemed like 30 mins at mid-night till I got a staff person to pick-up my shirt. While the shirt was delivered on time, I think the quality of pressing was really poor - I could have done better. I informed the same to the checkout staff when I paid them SGD 42 for a single shirt's express laundry but that drew a blank response. However I guess it is overall a good business hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Satyu,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

Whilst I am pleased that your overall experience was a positive one, I am sorry that our Express Laundry Service fell below your expectations. Please be assured that I have shared and discussed your feedback with my team members so that the appropriate corrective measures may be taken. Your feedback regarding our vegetarian food options is also being addressed by my Food and Beverage team.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've been on the road quite a bit and slept on mattresses good, average, or bad. On this trip I stayed at a couple decent hotels in other SE Asian countries and the mattress quality is not always what you think befits the price of the room. The mattress I slept on in my room at this Conrad is honestly top-notch. After a long day of work/play in Singapore, this is a great place to lay your head.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear konachik,

Thank you for letting us know what made your Conrad Centennial Singapore experience a comfortable and positive one. We appreciate your compliment on our mattress and are glad that your stay with us was also a restful one. We look forward to seeing you again when you next return to Singapore.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This coming from someone who has lived on the road for the better part of a decade, and maintained Diamond at Hilton, Platinum at Marriott, etc. etc for that time. And in all my travel, in all the different countries I have visited, this was my favorite hotel to have ever stayed at. And there is not really a close second. The location is great, rooms are large and clean, restaurants are great, etc. These are all things one should expect when spending as much as you are per night. But what makes this hotel as great as it is are the staff. They go over and above what is expected to make the stay as relaxing as possible. I highly recommend visiting the executive lounge (if you have status or book a room that allows access). It is always relatively busy, but there is usually a spot open and the staff get to know your preferences very quickly...by the third night I didn't even have to order...all of a sudden a whiskey appeared on my table with her greeting me by name.

I was here for 4 weeks on business, and anywhere after a few weeks get old, no matter how luxurious the accomodations. Usually, when I am somewhere for that long, I will change hotels just for the change of scenery. I was happy just staying at the conrad. Fresh fruit in your room daily is a nice touch, also greeted with a teddy bear for you to take home on your arrival. Made me the favorite uncle for a few days anyways when I got back!

A lot of restaurants in the immediate vacinity of the hotel (italian place is great!)...even an Outback Steakhouse of all things (if you are in Singapore, and you eat at Outback...shame on you). Within walking distance to the mall and a whole slew of other restaurants.

Have gone back a few times for work and if at all possible, this is where I stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Texas_to_Secede,

My team and I are truly touched by your generous review and recommendation of Conrad Centennial Singapore. We value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member and to know that our service makes us your preferred hotel in Singapore is indeed very rewarding for my team members.

Thank you very much for your compliments and we look forward to seeing you again soon. As always, the Conrad Centennial Singapore is honoured to be your home away from home and we remain at your service.