“Great End to 2009 & Great Start to 2010”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #20 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Kuching, Malaysia
“Great End to 2009 & Great Start to 2010”
Reviewed 4 January 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Conrad for 4 nights starting on 31st December and checked out on 4th January. We found Conrad to be the BEST hotel we've stayed in Singapore!! Room had nice homely colour tones. The bed was HUGE and comfortable we wanted to stay in bed all day; we ended up leaving the room late afternoon the 5 days we were there. We liked the little touches like little Conrad teddy, rubber ducky in bath & fruits on arrival, the hotel umbrella in the closet, towel robes for the bathroom and cotton robes for day use, amenities/toiletries were Acca Kappa & superb and soothing music always welcomed us back into the room when we returned in the evening (room has DVD/CD player).

We were most impressed with the service of their staff. Check-in staff were most helpful and checked us in efficiently. We were given twin bed but our request for king bed was taken care on the second day without any hassle. We also liked the little touches of the house keeping staff that laid out our bedroom slippers at the foot of the bed every evening and set mineral bottles & drinking glass on our side table.

Location wise, the hotel was in walking distance to Suntec City Mall, Marina Square and City Link Mall. It was also close to MRT station.

In short, this hotel had everything. It was a most memorable stay. We're already making plans to return. Thanks Conrad!! See you soon!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I am a very very difficult person to please. We usually stay at 5*, sometimes 4* properties. I am highly criical if things are not the way they should be. I am happy with this property and have nothing to whinge about!

Upstate New York
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Overall, a very good and comfortable hotel. The bed was great, amenities were nice and I particularly enjoyed being able to plug my computer into the entertainment center and work on the large 46 inch LCD TV.

On the negative side: expensive and slow internet connection (>$25, although I got a discounted $20 rate through my company), a room safe that is too small for laptops, Oscar restaurant serving large buffets but quality of food is average, Chinese restaurant on 3rd floor didn't have great service. Also, swimming pool is quite small and the setting is not particularly attractive.

A few perks come with the business rooms, such as free breakfast and free laundry for a couple of items each day (up to ~$17 per day, which is about one shirt, one pant or 3 pairs of socks)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Delhi
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Got a terrific deal on the hotel's own website which was far cheaper than hotels.com or zuji so decided to use my miles to fly there and spend Valentine's day and the weekend in Singapore.
They upgraded us to the Honeymoon suite and gave us these cute bride/bride-groom teddy bears. A complimentary cheesecake was waiting for us in a very tastefully decorated room. The bath-tub had a jacuzzi feature but the view was the best part of it all. And the view from the club lounge on what I think was the top floor offered a 180 degree view of the city.

Didn't eat a meal at the hotel other than breakfast at the Club Lounge which was ok but not awesome. The staff were very attentive which was unusual when compared with my other experiences in Singapore which I visit around 10 times a year. I'd rate this as my third favourite hotel in Singapore after the Grand Copthorne and Raffles.

Conveniently located as well as lots of shopping nearby.

• Liked — The View, The Service and the location
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed February 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
Emmen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights in one week time. choose for promotion business upgrade. Stayed in room 1812. The Bed is Huge/high/soft/big.....I like it. The bathroom comes with separated shower cabine. the only thing that lacked the accesoires were shaving-kit and hairbrush. Breakfast was big assortiment and nothing missing from my preferred needs. What to tell more.... I like this hotel and would go here next time again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
JAKARTA
Reviewed 5 December 2009

I had a one night transit stay in Singapore and wanted to stay somewhere closed to the airport. The Conrad’s location is ideal since it is directly next to the highway to the airport and is a mere 20 mins drive away.

Arriving

I arrived by taxi. Luggage collected by bell boy. Check-in was speedy. I only booked a standard room and was delighted to hear that I have been upgraded to a suite due to my Hilton Honors status. The check-in lady escorted me personally to my suite.

The room

The room I got was on the 8th floor directly overlooking the Suntec City water fountain. The hotel called it a Centennial suite which presumably is their one-bedroom suite. There’s a separate sitting area but no guest bathroom and no walk-in closet. In fact, it feels rather cramp, and not helped by the hotel’s choice of bulky furniture. The bedroom is just as cramp, with the large king size bed occupying most of the space. The bed is very comfortable with fine linens and there’s also a pillow menu. I wonder if the normal room might actually be better since I can do without the living room and all the extra furniture that takes up lots of space in the suite.

The bathroom on the contrary was quite spacious with dual vanity sinks, a shower cubicle and a large bathtub. Unfortunately, the hotel was showing it’s age as per the rather old bathroom fittings. The shower cubicle in particular was annoying with only a small shower head and low water pressure. And a pet peeve of mine, no shower stick! The toiletries are Acca Kappa, quite nice. Also, the bathroom had mold and some wear and tear, though not obviously unsightly.

There is a large 46” LCD TV in the living room and a sound system (Sony). Unfortunately, the TV isn’t positioned correctly, so you have to watch it by “lifting your head up”. The is a smaller TV tucked away in the bedroom. Internet connection is not free, S$30 a day. Strangely, there is no wireless internet in the hotel. The Conrad offers very generous welcome amenity for the price paid, including a full basket of fresh fruits ( 6 varieties ) and a box of fine chocolates. There’s also a free Conrad toy bear.

The suite is a corner room and the hotel appears to have good sound insulation. I have no problems with noise whatsoever except for the slight traffic noise from the streets.

Common Areas

In contrast to the room, the common areas are sweeping, spacious and grand conveying good sense of luxury. A eye-catching chandelier anchors the main lobby. The buffet restaurant Oscars appears to be quite popular. Food quality is quite good, though not really outstanding. The gym is next to the pool and has modern gym equipment. The pool doesn’t look very big.

The hotel is right next to the Millenia Walk shopping mall and also walking distance to the Suntec city that have more shopping malls and eating outlets.

Service is quite good and all staff are very polite and helpful. I can’t comment more since I have a very short stay at the hotel ( checked late afternoon and left early morning ) so didn’t really make use of more of their service.

Conclusion

Overall, this is a nice mid-range 5-star hotel. What I really do not like is the bathroom. It’s in need of a full scale renovation. I’m not sure if other rooms have better bathroom but if a suite bathroom is as such, can’t expect more from the standard rooms. The Conrad is not top-notch luxury and is also priced accordingly. If you are not fussy with bathroom, this is quite a nice hotel to stay in and certainly good value and very decent. I award it a 4/5.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
6 Thank BENLEE123
Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I know you can sometimes get the Conrad on certain 'quote your own price' websites, and sometimes not. This time we got it at an excellent price and we stayed two nights. We were so impressed that we booked it again in a few weeks. I travel extensively in Asia for work purposes, and stay in good 4-5* hotels, and the Conrad is up there with the best of them. My partner and I like to have twin beds so when I travel with him it can be hassle if rooms are tiny and the twin beds are crammed together like a King Size anyway. But the rooms of the Conrad are very large and the beds very comfortable.

The teddy and the duckie are a cute touch. The pool is good for a business class hotel (not many resort style pools in Singapore). The bathroom could be any five star hotel - marble, big bath, big shower, nice Acca Kappa amenities. The room had a good iron and ironing board, which - being a big fan of linen - I always appreciate.

As others have said, there is no wireless internet in the rooms and broadband access is expensive - if i had been there for work that would really make me mad. That would be the only gripe I had .

Oh, and if you don't want to pay the hotel's prices for breakfast there is an excellent food court next to Carrefour supermarket, just a stone's throw over the road.

3 Thank Ozziepore