“for Hilton HHonors user”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #21 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 26 February 2010

to get mile, you can earn at there. They have nice pool and relaxation massage place. Near side of hotel, there is Funshui spot.

Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank YukaH
Write a ReviewReviews (4,623)

Reviewed 25 February 2010

I had a blast staying 3 nights at this hotel. Perfect service, incredible breakfast buffet with so many cuisines, how I love traveling in Asia, the best service in the world!
Fresh fruits every morning at your door, beautiful room, so comfy bed, beautiful lobby, good location. Loved it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I stayed at the Conrad Singapore between 13-19th of Febraury, looking for a week of relaxation with my wife. We got a Business Room on 23rd floor with view to the Fountain of Wealth.
Room was very generous, with desk, armchair, 50" LCD TV and a huge 2x2m tall bed. The bathroom was huge, and full of towels and great ammenities. It had a tub and a shower, you can't really expect anything more.

What really turned this trip into a great holiday was not the room, but the service received. The staff was always receptive and doing their job very well, from cleaning the room, serving breakfast, serving us by the pool or "pampering" us in the Executive Lounge.

In terms of location, the hotel is 10 minutes away from City-Hall MRT station, but we mostly used buses for transportation. They have AC, arrive every 5 minutes, they take you quickly and directly to many areas in the city.

We loved the Conrad, and our son (stayed home) loves the little teddy-bear we got as a present :)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We couldnt resist the excellent offer of having 50% off weekends from their Jan10 sale so it was a stayacation for us from 19-21 Feb (3d2n). It was also nice of the reservation team to offer to upgrade us to the Executive floor after I made some feedback about the room rates, so kudos to that.

Our classic twin-bedded room was on the 30th floor, offering views of Suntec City. The room at 40sm felt smaller than most as the bathroom occupied a sizeable portion of the room. Beddings and furniture were all very well maintained, although am not sure it was because we were on the Executive floor. Bathroom amenities were more than sufficient and the conrad bear was a quite signature touch for guests. The only thing is I didnt quite understand the layout of the TV as it was placed adjacent to the beds, which made watching TV quite tricky. The beds were terribly comfortable too!

Requests for extra bottled water, towels, and ice buckets were met with quickly, and I had 2 pieces of laundry pressed as part of the perks of the Exe floor, which was returned very efficiently as well.

We spent most of our time at the Executive Lounge as the aim of the trip was really to just relax and enjoy. I would recommend anyone to take the Executive floor rooms as the Lounge has complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea from 2:30pm - 5pm, then evening tapas from 5:30pm - 8pm. And its free flow of coffee, tea, soft drinks, wine, and sparkling wine, and housepours all day until 11pm. Basically you can have all your meals there if you want.

Quality of food was also excellent given that it was offered complimentry. I had sandwiches, dim sum, chips, sweets, pralines, cheese platter etc and all were very good. They even have a nespresso machine for you to make your own coffee.

In particular, Roy from the Executive Lounge represented the hotel magnificantly. Throughout my stays and travels, I have never ever experienced such a high level of service from any hotel. He was courteous, attentive without being intrusive, and indeed efficient. He made us feel totally welcomed at the lounge, despite the fact that we were probably one of the youngest group at the lounge. He went out of his way to ensure our needs were met, and always had a smile on his face even during busy periods. We observed that he delivered the same level of service to the other guests at the Lounge.

The above, does also come with a slight comparison to a lady staff at the same Lounge during the stay unfortunately. We might have been mistaken as she may have been in a bad mood that day, but we encountered disdain in her eyes when we first entered the Lounge on 19 Feb, and throughout the afternoon she never served us at all nor smiled. At that time, the Lounge was slightly occupied with a few groups of non-locals, so we were the only local (and younger in age) group that afternoon. Regardless of what was the cause behind her attitude, it should not have happened, especially at the Lounge. And we caught her a few times slouching against the Lounge walls when not serving guests, which looked quite unsightly.

But otherwise, the stay was most enjoyable. Good location for shopping as the hotel is right next to Suntec, Marina Square and Millenia Walk which offers multiple choices. I am watching out for new promotions and am coming back again if so!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Read many good reviews about the hotel, though some on it's little run down bathroom fittings, decided to book it anyway to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday.
I was paranoid over parking fees and road closure due to Singapore Annual Chingay Festival thus emailed the hotel a couple of times. Their email reply was very prompt, though I realized most of my emails were replied at night. Doesn't concern me as long as I have my queries attended to by the next morning.
Another email on the eve of my check-in was about confirmation letter. This is my 1st time booking a local hotel thus do not remember about having to print the confirmation letter. Usually at overseas hotel, we just need our passport will do. Their prompt reply to me was my Identification Card will do.
True enough, just my IC and credit card for verification will do. Check-in took me less than 10mins.
Needless to say, I was awe by the room. Booked Business Room and indeed, other than the huge bed which is the main focus of the room, the huge working desk is definitely one made for businessman. What amazed me was they took good care of the intricate details of placing some commonly needed stationeries such as Conrad paper clips, stapler, pencils in the desk’s drawer. Even the TV channels prioritized News channels before documentaries. Local variety channels were placed last.
Personally, I love the huge brightly lit bathroom most. The huge bathtub was amazing. Conrad even offers scrub sponge and a little rubber ducking for your bath needs. They also offer huge bath robe, comfy towel material which I wore throughout my stay in the room.
One inconvenience I found with the room was the obvious lack of places to hang my clothes which I take a bath. Only 2 stubs which they use to hang 2 sets of bath robes. We had to resort to using clothes hanger and hook it to the shower glass wall to hang our wet towels
The king sized bed was uber comfy. 4 huge feather pillows with a selection of 16 other pillows listed in the pillow menu. Sadly, there is no explanation to each of their unique pillow and we were too shy to ask the housekeeping on the nature of each pillow. Felt that the bed was a little too high. In the day, I enjoyed sliding down the bed. However, at night, with all lights off, it can be quite dangerous. I fell off the bed on 2nd night while wanting to visit the washroom in the middle of the night.
Getting a seat for breakfast at their infamous Oscar restaurant wasn’t easy. On both mornings, we arrived at 930 only to be invited by the staff to enjoy our breakfast at another lounge. They claimed that the spread is similar. On day 1, we got directed away. But on day2, we opt for Oscar’s outdoor-smoking area instead. And trust me, Oscar definitely offers more breakfast spread.
For the rest of the room features, you can explore them yourself. This one last extraordinary service which I want to make mention is a surprise birthday cake delivered to our room. Like I mentioned, I was paranoid with the birthday surprise for my boyfriend thus made mentioned to them about my needs. Never would I have guessed that they would be so sweet to deliver a little birthday cake to our room!! Guess what, I was down with flu and a very bad throat inflammation. My boyfriend got some sniffs from me. Thus on the day actual day of his birthday, both of us were sniffing away in the room. This sweet gesture of Conrad made us forget about our pain. It was a tasty mango chocolate cake.
All in all, we truly enjoyed our stay with Conrad and will definitely come back should we want a ‘holiday’ get-away in our own country. Else for tourist, Conrad is also THE hotel for its convenience to malls and subway(about 15min walk though shopping malls). Do not have to worry about places to eat as you will be spoilt for choice both within the hotel and in nearby shopping malls.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Stayed 6 days during the Lunar New Year at an exec club room, Requested room on same floor as exec lounge and was given one during check-in! :) The exec longe personnel were most helpful all the time. Service was excellent. I asked for the Straits Times newspaper as it's the weekend and on the 2nd day of the New Year when the newspaper wasn't printed, they delivered the New Paper instead. I thought it was a very nice gesture. Took breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails at the exec lounge - a good spread of all sorts of food. They have 4 different kinds of red wine and 4 whites to choose from, as well as champagne.

Location is good, the nearby Millennia Walk is connected to Marina Square with hundreds of shops (but of course most were closed during the lunar new year period).

Room was just normal size, bed was a bit too high and my first of two complaints was that while the bed faced the south with a most wonderful view of the city skyline and the Singapore River, the plasma TV was mounted on the right wall. So if we are in bed, we have to turn our heads to the right to watch the TV. Not exactly comfortable. The other complaint was that while the bathroom is of good size and amply endowed with good toilettries (Acca Kappa range), there isn't a socket for hair dryer!

Apart from these two peeves, my stay was most enjoyable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We managed to get a suite in this hotel for such a ridiculously low rate I kept checking my booking in case they'd made a mistake.

This is the main reason we stayed here and we weren't let down.

The hotel has all the facilities and the suite was enormous. The bed was supremely comfortable and the room had everything you could wish for.

This said we plan to visit Singapore again and stay at the Mandarin Oriental in thier bay (or ocean) view room

The CS does everything well and would be great for business but as a holiday hotel it's simply too sterile. Who wants to go on holiday and feel like you're on a business trip?

Location is OK but everywhere other than the Suntec shopping mall is a bit of a walk / taxi.

The general finish of the place is very good in the public areas (except the pool which is clean, functional but very bland) but only ok in the rooms. Nothing is bad but on the flip side nothing a special. Furniture placement is poorly thought out and makes staying in your room not as enjoyable as it could be. Try the MO (we had them show us one of thier rooms) and you'll know what I mean.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo