“Spectacular Stay - Plush rooms, extra touches”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #21 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Our stay at the Conrad Centennial was only for 2 nights as Singapore was a super quick stopover where we got in around dinner time, and left at 4 or 5 in the morning after only one full day to tour the city.

We were warned ahead of time that "Singapore is more American than America" and indeed they are correct. It's like a clean maze of malls and commerce!

The service was top notch and we were upgraded to a business floor and given a complimentary breakfast. The room was very plush with a gorgeous, spacious bathroom, soft bed, high tech electronics/TV, mini bar, and complimentary chocolates and fruit.

The breakfast was business attire required but many of the patrons were more casual - probably because it was so hot out and many (like ourselves) did not expect the free upgrade and may not have packed accordingly. There was a very diverse display on the buffet - American breakfast items, and plenty of varieties of Asian foods too. You could mix eggs and bacon with noodles and spicy selections.

The lobby had complimentary wireless that we took advantage of in the late afternoon - sitting in luxurious couches with a pianist performing classical music.

There are plenty of restaurants right outside the hotel - we choose to eat at these mostly and did not eat at the hotel except for breakfast.

It was the lunar New Year celebration while we were there, and we got lucky and came across performers at one of the malls in the late afternoon.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Conrad Centennial Singapore

Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stayed only for 1 night unfortunately as a stopover. The hotel exceeded my expectations. Service was first class, as were the amenities & facilities. The location is great & so easy to get to all the key tourist attractions. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We stayed for 3 nights and we were sad to leave. The service is outstanding, the breakfast was excellent, the bathroom is close to the ones I have at home and man do I love it. This hotel know how to do their business. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2010

This hotel is on my very short list of favorite places to stay in the whole world. It's that good. The place works like a well oiled machine. From the time my family and I arrived for our 3-night stay, we were extremely well looked after. The check-in staff, the concierge desk and the support staff were all courteous and the service level was top notch.

Having effused praise on the hotel itself, I must admit that the hotel's location is not ideal if you're a tourist. There's practically no tourist attraction (other than the Singapore Flyer) that's a short walk away. While the hotel itself is great, there may be better options depending on what you're in the city for. For me, however, location's a minor irritation. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Usually during our travelling in Singapore we stayed in Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore, but this time I find a very good offer from Conrad, read lots of review and decided to try. Initially I was very prejudiced and searched negative in everything. But my stay where exceeded all my expectation. It is really luxury first class hotel. We lived in club room on the 26 floor with beautiful Marina bay view. Besides, from our room we saw Marina Mandarin Hotel, Pan Pacific hotel and Singapore Convention Centre. Hotel is very comfortable situated - near fountain of wealth - Suntec City. 2 MRT station - Esplanade and Promenade - 5 minutes walk. Transfer from airport to the hotel takes about 20 minutes and costs 17-20 sing dollars. When we entered to the hotel we were invited to the club floor for check-in. Check-in was very prompt. So far the staff did all formalities we were offered to drink champagne or wine. After that we were accompanied to our room. Room was spacious, comfortable and well equipped. The king size bed was very cosy. The bathroom had cabin and bath. There were even scales. Complimentary water and tea, coffee facilities. Unfortunately wi-fi internet was charged, but in club rooms you have 1 hour a day complimentary wi-fi. Lounge was very pleasant but there were too many people, although we always could find the vacant table. Beverage and alcoholic drinks are available for free during the whole day till 22-30. Breakfast, sweets and dishes during cocktail hours were really magnificent and very tasty. We lived in the hotel 4 days and we did not see the same dishes. Great array. I was very surprised. The swimming pool was on the fourth floor – was spacious enough. I was surprised again when we were brought a complimentary cool water and apples. And the smell in lobby was so charming – I did not want to leave from there. What I would like to change – extend Lounge operating time till midnight and add some dishes between breakfast and cocktail hours and complimentary internet in club rooms. So I can recommend this hotel to everybody who likes luxury and very attentive and effective service. As for me, it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed and I plan to return there again if the parity price-quality will be the same. I want to thank local incredible staff for very memorable stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I stayed in the Conrad Singapore for 3 nights on business trip since the meeting also took place in the same venue. I arrived at 5 PM and was quite disappointed when found out that they ran out of single rooms and thus I got a twin room instead. The only thing that made it better was the promise that the room would definitely have a good view and there were little glasses filled with refreshing juices served to us during check-in. It was the first time ever I got served with welcome drinks in any hotels in Singapore and trust me, I have been to many of them. What a nice little touch ! Then a staff took me up to my room and it was as promised, with the corner room, there were 2 windows and the small window on the side looks out directly at the Singapore Eye while the other one oversees the marina bay area.

My first problem with the room happened when the door wouldn't be locked from the outside. Upon calling the reception, they fixed it within 10 minutes time while profusely appologizing for the problem. Later on when I was turning on the shower, the hot water shower knob fell off but fortunately I was able to put it back on since by this time I didn't want to wait for them to fix it up. Then as I was going to make tea, I found out that there were used and empty sugar and tea sachets in the bowl. So it was kinda bad impression that they didn't clean the room thoroughly. I was determined to write my review and give the hotel a 2 Star Rating due to these - until I experienced their level of service and hospitality !

All staff were always friendly and polite without seemingly pretentious. On the second night, I came home around 945 PM only to realized that I had forgotten to buy a medicine for my stomache. So I went to the Concierge and asked him the nearest drugstore. He led me out of the door and I thought he was going to show me the direction. But nooo, he actually crossed the street with me, entered the Millenia Shopping Mall right across the street and led me into an almost closing drug store. He then asked the cashier lady to keep the store opened and serve me because I was in need of a medicine. After making sure that I was fully attended, he smiled and left. I didn't get his name and never encountered him again for the rest of my stay, but it sure was one of the best service I have experienced in my life.

The rest of my stay, I kept experiencing this extra-mile level of service throughout the hotel. When I asked the direction of the toilet, a staff didn't just show me the direction but actually led me down the stairs and into the front door of the ladies' room. In the meeting room, while waiting for coffee in the coffee machine, the staff asked me to wait inside and he then later brought my coffee in. Upon check-out, one of the concierge ladies even waited and chatted with me while waiting for a taxi.

This hotel definitely brings a whole new meaning to service especially when service tends to be practical, efficient and in business-like manners in most singapore hotels. Their personal touch and sincere willingness to take a step ahead in guaranteeing the guest's experience is definitely an added value to the hotel.

Although I am tempted to give them a 4-Star Rating, Ithe 3-Star Rating is due to the old-dated rooms, thin walls and also the fact that the TV is facing sideways to the bed which was a bit inconvenient since I like to watch the TV while falling asleep and having it on my side was kinda weird.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2010

We could not have asked for more from this hotel, it is by far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Our flight from London arrived in Singapore very early at approx 7.30am so we decided to make our way straight to the hotel with the hope of checking in, however the hotel didn't have any rooms for us at that time, but took our luggage and allowed us to take showers and freshen up.

We managed to check in at 2pm, the check in staff were very friendly and helpful. When we went to the room, our luggage had already been left there for us. We had a standard room and it was huge, the bed was so comfortable, everything was immaculate. My only complaint was that the large flat screen TV was difficult to watch due to it being at the side of the bed rather than at the bottom, but thats not really anything to complain about because you don't really go to Singapore to watch TV. The housekeeping staff also bring fresh complimentary fruit to your room and also the rooms are cleaned twice a day.

We had breakfast included in our rate, breakfast was served as a buffet and there was a wide selection to choose from. The pool facilities were excellent it is situated on the 3rd floor and is very relaxing, there is also a gym & spa however we didn't use these facilites. Food & drinks were expensive at the hotel I think we paid 14 Singapore dollars for 2 diet cokes which we thought was a lot, however the Suntec city mall is just across from the hotel and there food court was very nice and good value for money.

The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring the city, raffles is about a 5 minute walk away, clarke quay & little india approx 10 minutes and china town is about 15 minute walk. However we took a lot of taxis around the city as they are very cheap in Singapore and the heat makes it difficult to walk very far, so we found taxis the best option.
I would definatly stay at the Conrad again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple