4,312 results
All reviewsstraits clubcourtyard roomtown restaurantpost barold post officeboat quayjade restaurantheritage roommarina bayrooftop barbeautiful hotelhigh teasister hotelthe financial districtlight showstar hotelmerlion park
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Travelling to Singapore on business, I was advised by colleagues to stay at the Fullerton, as it was right in the middle of the business area, and easy to walk to all of my meetings.

The hotel certainly is central, and it is also very nice and well appointed. Food was generally excellent. Rooms were clean and comfortable, although slightly austere. I was left with the distinct impression that it was trying to pass itself off as a compatriot of Raffles, but without quite pulling it off.

Two things particularly irked me during my stay at the Fullerton (and I may just have been unlucky). During my second night there, and ahead of my meetings the following day, some moron started doing construction work down the hall at about 2am, which lasted until 3.30am. Full on power tools, drilling, hammering. No one at front desk answered when I rang to complain. That I find enormously tiresome. Secondly, on my way to the airport, I realised I had left my suit jacket on the back of a chair. I telephone the hotel, who took my details and assured me that they would send my suit jacket to my office in Hong Kong. However, the suit jacket never turned up. Disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rhone_Man
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife and I got married at the Hotel in end-August and stayed there for two nights. From start to finish the Hotel staff and managers made us feel like Kings and Queens. Each time we saw them we were personally greeted. Further, they pulled no stops in providing us all they could. For instance, one of their staff had the initiative to offer us a bottle of champagne on the morning of the day we were about to check out, just to sweeten the last day of our stay.

Coordinating with the hotel on our wedding was also made very easy by their prompt and flexible service (where possible).

All in all, the Hotel has left a distinctive mark on our memories and we will certainly be back again when the occasion calls for it.

Kudos to management and staff of the Fullerton Hotel for what was an unforgettable 3 days.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noslenhog
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here at the end of a fabulous holiday in KL and Borneo. I was looking forward to staying in this hotel, which I expected to be wonderful in every way. It was good but very impersonal and some things did not match my expectations. I would say that it is a good hotel and very well situated in the heart of all the sights in Singapore. However I would add that:

Firstly, despite arriving late afternoon we had to wait for a couple of hours before the room was ready. We had upgraded to a Quay room and when we finally got to the room it did have fabulous views, however the room itself was quite small and a little tired looking for a 5 star hotel.

Breakfast was good but no one seemed to want to go the extra mile to be helpful - I asked if I could have pancakes and was told , 'No, we aren't doing them today'! Also tea came as a top up from a jug and was luke warm - I think for the price they charged for breakfast they could bring you a pot!

The hotel was good but bearing in mind it is a 5 star hotel it didn't have the Wow factor that I expected - and it was just silly little things that let it down.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a Quay room - otherwise the rooms look into the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana014
Reviewed 2 September 2011

what can I say? the service is impeccable, afternoon tea on par with the Langham... overall, surrounded by history and shopping is just a stone's throw away. rooms are spacious and quiet yet chaos begins 5 minutes out from main doors... perfect hotel for a shopping escapade...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank peggiT
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My friends and I booked in under the National Day package to experience the live fireworks they had at the Marina Bay.

Fullerton was amazing from the very beginning. On the eve of our check in, there was a courteousy call given to forewarn us on the road closures and due to this, the hotel made early check in possible so that we do not have be caught in the traffic. As promised, check in was made possible at 11am.

We were greeted by receptionist Shivan. Check in was fast and efficient. He brought us to the room, explained the room and also what the National Day package was inclusive of. The package included access to the viewing deck for 2 Adults and 2 Children and as we were only there as a party of 3 Adults, Shivan made it possible for all 3 of us to view the fireworks. We really appreciated the flexibility.

Overall, it was a very organized night. There were counters where we could obtain our tags and we were personally shown by the guest relations to the viewing deck. The deck has free flow of refreshments. We had an amazing view of the fireworks which all 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed.

Check out was quick and fast. We had paid our bills the night before and there was nothing else to pay on the day we departed. Andrew who handled our check out was very nice. He ensured all was well with our stay and walked all the way out to get us a taxi.

The breakfast in the morning was not too bad. Good food variety but the Cafe was a little crowded (it is expected as I am sure many locals would have checked in for the same purpose we had checked in).

Overall, people in Fullerton serve with their heart. Fullerton also has the best view for fireworks so we will definitely make it a point to be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends