“Ultimate class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Cambridge
“Ultimate class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

I have stayed in some fine hotels in the world, but few come close to the quality of the Fullerton. It was a nice blend of colonial architecture, classy restaurants, great bars.

What made it stand out from other hotels is its quality service. In the hotels in the 36 countries I have visited, not one came close to the personal service I received. For example, 20 minutes after the cafe had closed for buffet breakfast, no one rushed us to leave. Instead, the manager came out to replace the tea for us. From the concierge to the bedmakers, everything was gold standard.

To the staff of Fullerton - you're doing extremely well. Keep it up. I have had fond memories in your hotel since my teenage days, and you keep improving everytime! I am very impressed.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Celebrated my bf's birthday during this short staycation at Fullerton Hotel. I was impressed at the efficiency and impeccable service experienced throughout my stay.

1st surprise - Our room was upgraded to a gorgeous-looking suite! It has the view of the bay and facing the riverside! At night, the view was lovely and we had a good time chilling out at the balcony.

2nd surprise - Not only did Ms Nathalia (from guest relations) checked us in personally, after settling us, she also delivered a birthday cake to us accompanied with a hand-written card. I am impressed by the level of service and the warmth she had displayed.

The suite was spick and span. Towels were clean without nasty smell. There is a full range of Nespresso coffee capsules for coffee addicts and if you aren't, fret not. a good selection of TWG tea is available for tea lovers. Those of you who appreciate firm pillows or are like me who loves soft and fluffy pillows, Fullerton hotel has a pillow menu! Yes, and I am thankful housekeeping staff remained patient and polite whilst i queried about the various pilliows before settling for neck-support and micro-gel pillows. Love love love it! I slept really well throughout my stay.

It is conveniently located with quality restaurants. The Lighthouse served fine Italian food which I would love to try one day. I read it is perfect for romantic dates. :) Personally I had tried Sunday's Champagne brunch at Town restaurant. All I remembered was happy memories of lovely champagne with a wide spread of food. For chocolate lovers, make time for their chocolate buffet to satisfy your sweet tooth.

All and all, we had a memorable and wonderful stay at Fullerton..

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We booked the Quay room at The Fullerton Hotel for the last night of our month long honeymoon. This was the best decision we'd made. From check in to check out everything was perfect. The room we had on the 6th floor had amazing views of Marina Bay Sands, the Singapore Flyer and The Esplanade. The choices for food can be overwhelming as not only does the hotel have lovely restaurants there are many of them within a short walk of the hotel. The pool was very refreshing and overlooked the river so had great views. The buffet breakfast was lovely and very relaxing. Although this hotel is 5 star and screams luxury it never felt pretentious and everyone was more than welcoming. It was a lovely change from the previous hotel we'd stayed at.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I booked Fullerton Hotel for my anniversary celebration with my spouse just recently. I was really looking forward to a great time because it's a 5-star hotel and has a splendid view overlooking the Marina Bay area in Singapore.

However, I did encounter some issues before the check-in date. I wrote an email to their helpdesk regarding a simple enquiry and did not get a reply at all. Hence I called in to the frontdesk instead. Not sure why, but I remember the frontdesk staff sounding very frustrated as I made my simply enquiry with a few heaves of sigh here and there.

Nevertheless, I'm glad got quality service upon check-in. The Quay room that I booked was slightly smaller than expected but still cosy and had its own balcony! The location of the hotel was also great and allowed my spouse and I to get to many great restaurants easily.

I came across this gorgeous photo of the pool at night and thought I should have a walk there myself during the evening. Boy, did I not regret it! The pool overlooks the Boat Quay area and lively music could be heard from the vicinity, quite a charming sight!

I had a great night's rest thanks to the heavenly bed. Don't forget to request for foam pillows if the feather pillows are too soft to your liking. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a great weekend.

P.S: The Town Restaurant's laksa was superb by the way.

2 Thank whitemartinii
Hunter Valley, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights enroute from London to Sydney, the purpose being to relax after a rather busy holiday in Europe.
We couldn't have picked a better hotel for this r and r. We were welcomed by the Concierge and escorted to reception on arrival. When we'd checked in the GSA then took us up showed us the workings of our room.
We stayed in room 505 which was enormous, being only a standard room I was surprised at the size, it also had a verandah - though no view as there was a high wall to block street noise - it was nice to look out and see the sunshine of a morning.
Breakfast was amazing, huge selection and sitting outside on the terrace was a wonderful way to start the day.
The staff were friendly and welcoming at all times.
I enjoyed the location, and although there's many upmarket (pricey) restaurants nearby, it's also walking distance to Lau Pa Sat and Gluttons Bay Hawker Centres which offer both cheap and wonderful local food.
I will say this is one of the best places I've ever stayed and I would happily return.

Room Tip: Room 505 is one of the larger standard rooms and doesn't overlook the Atrium. There was no nois...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Planned a weekend get away with the wife and the Fullerton came highly recommended from several friends. Not cheap but I leveraged deals via American Express and got the rate down a bit. The hotel staff was exceptional and helped me to plan all of the details of the weekend from the private car service pick-up of my wife to fresh roses for the room and one of the best in-room dinners that we have ever had. The mushroom soup was delicious, the main courses served at perfect temperature and desert was a wonderful molten chocolate flourless cake that the chef prepared off-menu for us.

We had an amazing room (#730 I believe) with a balcony and a view towards the Esplande and the Singapore Flyer. For a romantic weekend away it was perfect. Room service for breakfast was top notched, my wife thoroughly enjoyed the eggs benedict which she ranked in her top 5 of all time.

Room Tip: 7th floor balcony over looking the Esplande.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks as a part of a business trip, stayed on the excutive floor, the evening tea served as a part of the executive floor was very good. As my hotel room overlooked the lobby, and some other rooms on the opposite side, had to keep the curtains closed all the time, this made the room fairly claustrophobic, besides that had a great stay, luvly bathroom, good spread for the breakfast buffet, luvly location, close to the merlion, the business district and offcourse boat quay... all in all a good stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business