“Fullerton Hotel June 2012” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #22 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
London, United Kingdom
“Fullerton Hotel June 2012”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed at the Fullerton for the first time in June. I'm a regular traveller to Sinapore on business and had stayed previously in many of the central hotels including Marina Bay Sands. I booked a quay view room and on arrival the room I was given on the 6th floor to the front corner overlooking the quay and bay and it was very noisy from live music outside even though I was on the 6th floor! (not sure where from) but given that it was a Friday evening not surprising I suppose. However, being tired from a flight I couldn't sleep. I asked to be changed and the duty manager Justine kindly found me an 'inside'' room for that evening which over looked the central atrium or courtyard. These are very quiet rooms but lack any outside view, but it was just what I needed. If its a view you want, be sure to book an outside room. The next morning I was changed to an outside room on the 8th floor to the back of the hotel which was very quiet. All my bags were moved, and Justine had sorted everything so there was no stress. Although he was not working the next day he had briefed all staff and the change of the rooms was seemless. Full marks to him. In terms of customer service all of the staff I met were friendly and couldn't do enough to help, they were first class. Breakfast is expensive, but it's very good, and in my view as good as MBS, and actually not dissimilar in price. The hotel is clean, service is efficient and courteous and judging my own experience above, customer service is excellent. The location is good, close to CBD, and also a short walk from Boat, Clarke and Robertson Quays, and an inexpensive taxi ride from other locations including Orchard Road for shopping. I would also recommend Indochine restaurant a short walk across the bridge outside where Wilson will make you most welcome. In summary I will definitely stay at the Fullerton again. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you want a view be sure to choose an outside room. The side rooms overlook the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gevrey-Chambertin, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I wanted to like this hotel! The ambience is wonderful and the location is great. Upon arrival i was told that they didn't receive the fax from my company regarding the payment on our credit card. They then locked up $1500 on my credit card before eventually found the paperwork two days later.
Then i went to my room which was extremely damp and the air conditioner was so cold. All of my other reviews prove I am reasonably easy to please. Didn't get off to the best start and never really improved.
Breakfast was a positive. Im returning to Singapore for business in July and will look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marc L
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Probably the grandest converted General Post Ever! It really is a step back in time in the best possible way. Its central location provides everything thats required for a visit. The hotel can be self contained with restaurants, bars and cafes but Boat quay is on your door step for more treats.
Staff were fantastic and I've yet to see another hotel in Singapore compete with them.
The Loft suites are roomy well equipped and very good value. Do take time to stroll round the hotel there are a few hidden surprises to be found e.g. the Lighthouse restaurant.
Afternoon tea on the terrace is a must.

Room Tip: ALthough MArina Bay is a nice view you have to look over the 8 lane highway. Best option is to go fo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
London UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Just had 5 days here as part of a two week Asian business trip. I have stayed here many times and it is always excellent. This time was no exception. The service is first class. The location for the central business district is superb as is the location for entertaining in the evening. This has got to be one of the best hotels in Asia

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank tireddad
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Nicely situated, nicely furnished to lounge in the lobby and spoil yourself, room I had was large, but lacking furniture to fill it, no natural light coming in from the window, bathroom was a treat, xxl bath, and nice shower
For a nice evening stroll or good walk, Boat quay - Clark quay - Roberstones quay, just follow the river, start at the Merlion opposite the Fullerton, passing restaurants bars people jogging kids playing, sundowns best, lights of the restaurants reflected in the river, and the different smells of food,

Room Tip: see what is on offer as it is an expensive place to stay over, usually have weekend discounts, or of...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

One year ago I was little bit disappointed because not everything was perfect during my stay, This year I have no reason to complain. The Fullerton Building is Singapore landmark and its location is perfect ... in the middle of everything. A very short taxi drive to all places which are worth visiting in Singapore.
The "infinity" pool overlooking Singapore river and the historic center of the city is spectacular. The room was spotlessly clean with everything in perfect working condition and the service was excellent. The staff were very friendly and perfectly trained. Everything incl. limo transportation between the hotel and the airport worked well.
I experienced only breakfast in the hotel ... also very good.
After last year's unconvincing experience I was hesitant but finally decided to give it another try and I am glad to make that decision. I shall most probably stay in the Fullerton again when I am in Singapore. I am sure there are more luxurious hotels but for the rate we paid we got an above average value.

Room Tip: My recommendation would be Heritage Room with view of Singapore river and the historical center.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have booked a courtyard room on my birthday. First of all the room. The room was wonderful, about the right size with all the necessary amenities. Bed was big and comfortable. The bathtub was big and comes with a separate shower stall. The amenities are of high quality, ranging from the baths to the beverages. The have TWG tea bags in room. The room comes with free Wifi, which is important not only to business clients, as well as for leisure customers. The airconditioning in room is superb, which is very effective in cooling down people after a hot day in Singapore. However the goods stops here. The hotel has good hardwares, but terrible software! The service is sub standard, not worthy of 5 star!

My friend had arranged for a birthday cake to surprise me during my birthday! When we were checking in, there was no mentioned of the cake! We waited till around 5pm, still no sign of the cake! My friend had to call the reception to check out on the cake that was promised to us. To our surprise, the reception had no clue about this prior arrangement! After some checking, the reception promised to deliver the cake at 5.30pm on their turn down timing. We waiting for another 45 mins, still no sign. Frustrated we left the hotel and head for our dinner! Upon our return, there is still no sign of the cake or traces of it being delivered! My friend called reception once again and asked about the cake. This time round, the reception claim ignorance. This is when I got pissed off, how can a 5 star hotel, despite promising their customer, go back on their word. We literally had to resort to begging for a miserable piece of cake! After some pushing here and there, the cake was finally delivered to our room at around 11pm!! This goes to show their sincerity of their service!

To make things worst our experience in the Town restaurant the next day was not a pleasant one! other then the lady at the door greeting us, things went very wrong! First of all, the lady at the egg counter was friendlier to a westerner then to asians! when serving us, she had a "what the hell you want" face and was rather cold towards us. When the said westerner came to her for egg, she serviced him with the widest smile, warmest service you can asked from her, as if she had won a million dollars from lottery. That was a sharp difference from the experience we had gotten just mere seconds ago! The waiters/waitresses in the restaurant all had sulky face, which makes you somewhat feel unwelcomed! The worst is the jams on the table for customers was inconsistent! some tables had 4 different jams, some has 3, some has 2, while on others, there are none! Such terrible service is unimaginable from a 5 star establishment, where they make you pay more then SGD50 per head for their buffet breakfast!

In our short 24 hour stay here, the amount of hippcups we received is unimaginable for a 5 star establishment! It is like paying for first class air tickets, yet received budget airlines service standards! Having said that, some of the budget carriers probably have better services when compared to Fullerton! So stay here if you want to receive sub standard services, if not save the money and stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends