“Excellent Sunday Buffet”

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #20 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Magnificent spread and variety of foods and cuisines. In particular the prawns,lobster,pork belly,sushi and an great array of deserts to complete the experience. Good service and staff. The champagne, wines and drinks are all included. Will return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,992)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We recently spent three nights at The Fullerton during a brief holiday in Singapore. We had visited the hotel before but had not stayed there so we were looking forward to finally having some time in the hotel. The check-in was very easy and Harris, the young man who greeted us was charming and helpful. We had opted for a river view room and it turned out to be a great choice- a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the Singapore River and the colonial heart of the city. The room itself was very comfortable with lovely furnishings and a fantastic walk-through bathroom as well as a nice desk area and huge flat screen TV.
The hotel lobby is most impressive. It is built around a central atrium and the ground floor houses the hotel reception, a large bar area and the hotel's main restaurant called Town. Many of the hotel rooms look into the atrium rather than the outside so that might be a bit of a disappointment if you don't know this when you are booking your room. The rooms facing the outside of the hotel are lovely and are probably worth the extra cost. The location of the hotel could not be better as it is right at the mouth of the Singapore River, just across the Cavenagh Bridge from the Asian Civilisations Museum, the Victoria Hall, the Padang and Raffles City. It is also adjacent to the CBD, Boat Quay and it is only a short walk to Chinatown, the Esplanade theatres and Marina Bay. The building itself is very grand with its neo-classical architecture- it served for many years as the GPO in Singapore.

The pool area is located on the side of the hotel facing the river and it is a lovely area, not large but well designed with comfortable loungers and sofas, a perfect place to relax. The pool is great too and an ideal place to cool off after wandering around the city. The gym was excellent too- modern and well-equipped.

All in all we really enjoyed our few days at The Fullerton. It is a lovely oasis in the middle of the city and a perfect location for both business guests and tourists. We were very impressed with the staff at the hotel who were unfailingly polite and helpful and who genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs. The hotel doorman was particularly lovely- always friendly, chatty and very helpful. We would definitely recommend The Fullerton if you are looking for a lovely colonial style hotel right in the heart of the city- you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the city you need to choose a deluxe 'view room', not one of the Atriu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My business colleague and I stayed one night at this Hotel, we inadvertently arrived at the Fullerton Bay Hotel across the street and the staff were incredibly helpful in getting us over to the correct Hotel.I have seldom been treated so exceptionally well by a doorman or front desk manager. Full marks to them.
Unfortunately our experience at the Fullerton Hotel was less enjoyable. Both me and my business partner suffered food poisening the next day which lasted for two weeks. We are adamant that this was not contracted anywhere else because this was the only meal we shared together.Can't say that we definitely got it at the restaurant but Just wondering if any other guests experienced stomach upsets during the week of 11th October 2013?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have just returned from a three night stay at the Fullerton again staying on Straits Club Floor. Service was its usual high standard. Staff very pleasant and efficient as always. It was nice to see that some refurbishment has taken place. During our last stay the pool was looking very sad with old chairs and broken paving stones around the pool. This time all the paving slabs have been replaced as has all the furniture, a huge improvement. We have stayed at the Fullerton many times and will continue to do so. My only gripe is that some thing really must be done about the very noisy china trollies that are wheeled around the corridors very late at night on the Club Floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank greatholsAsia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I had been wanting to stay at the Fullerton Hotel for some time and after an excellent stay at the Fullerton Bay Hotel in 2011 I was looking forward to the opportunity.
Unfortunately it did not live up to expectations, whilst the stay was largely satisfactory, it is not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel with the accompanying price tag.
It started at check-in with the offer from the very pleasant service staff to check if a late check out could be arranged as I had a late flight departure. She advised me she would check and message me once she had an answer one way or the other - alas this never occurred.
My room was located on the 4th floor just around the corner from the elevator (Quay Room) - I arrived to find numerous chairs and a fold up table in the hall way around my room - I thought nothing of it until later in the stay when it became obvious why this continually occurred. The door directly opposite mine had a wheelchair sign on it which I initially thought nothing of - however on seeing staff exit the door the next afternoon it is not a wheelchair access point but rather the kitchen and an apparent staging area for the large conference/function room located on the 4th floor (which is booked out almost 100% of the time).
This resulted in foot traffic and furniture removal noise until approximately 2300hrs both nights I stayed - not overly disturbing for me, but a potential source of annoyance to some people I am sure, along with the ever present stacks of chairs, tables and other items in the guest hallway.
The room itself is unfortunately showing signs of being in need of refurbishment - many of the fixtures are showing obvious signs of damage and age and the bathroom has a somewhat liberal dosing of sealant in the shower to overcome mould and tile issues.
The bed was excellent and very comfortable and the turn down staff were fantastic.
The staff at the hotel are efficient and polite but seem to lack a genuine warmth - though I can understand why when you observe the way they are treated by some of the guests.
All in all not a bad stay but not what I was expecting from such a well regarded hotel.

Room Tip: If you select a Quay Room on the 4th floor make sure you ask to be placed a good distance from the e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just got back last week from staying at The Fullerton for 4 nights. It really is a great old dame of a hotel. You will love the atmosphere in the lobby, we saw 3 weddings, a Halloween party and lots of people traffice during out stay, it provided a fantastic ambience.
Our room was lovely, we stayed in a Quay Room which was lovely, not huge, but a nice enough size room which had everything in it that you would expect from a Hotel of this quality. We had a balcony and an amazing view over to Marina Bay Sands etc....

The pool was small but lovely, you will have to take your chances on getting a spot at the pool especially if you go around lunch time/early afternoon, but we were lucky each time we headed up. There are towels there, iced water etc.....was very good.

The only down side to our stay at The Fullerton was the terrible Food & Beverage service. Don't get me wrong, the staff are all absolutely lovely, but my god, the service moved at the speed of a snail. We went to have a pre dinner drink downstairs before heading out, we still hadn't received anything in an hour, we cancelled our order as we had an reservation to make. We ordered lunch by the pool one day and a sandwich and hamburger took an hour and a half to appear. I then tried to order Room Service one night while my husband was out with work colleagues. I tried calling 3 times, it rang out. I then rang the Front Desk who then put me through to Room Service only to have it ring out again (when I say ring out, it just rang continually for minutes on end with no answer or diversion to any other department) I ended up eating an apple I had in my bag for dinner. Not great.

BUT, apart from that, I would have no hesitation in staying at The Fullerton again or recommending it, but maybe just keep in mind that you are not going to get any drinks or food quickly (or at all)

Btw: Our bed was also incredibly hard ( and this is coming from a person who prefers a firm bed ) so might be worth asking if that is the norm if you have problems sleeping on something so solid!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Quay Room for an amazing view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Everything about this luxurious hotel is wonderful. Because it is an old building it has character which the standard luxury hotel chains do not. We stayed in a quayside room with a lovely view of the Marina Bay Sands light show at night. The breakfast buffet is incredible and because of the hotel location you are able to just step out of the hotel and walk to wherever you need. All the staff are very friendly and helpful too - our plane arrived at 5:30am and since our room wasn't ready yet reception gave us access to relax by the pool and prioritised our room to be cleaned. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends