“A perfect option for business and leisure”

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #20 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I recently spent 4 nights here on a business trip but was there on the Sunday and was able to enjoy the pool and the perfect location for exploring Singapore as tourist too.
The standard and size of the room was great - my room had a balcony which overlooked the Marina Bay which was great.
Facilities and location are perfect for the business traveller too.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,991)

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I visited Singapore in Feb 2013 and stayed for 7 days at the Fullerton for a business conference. The Hotel is a reasonable distance from the Airport and in a majestic colonial building just at the beginning of the Financial District and right across the bay. One of the most beautiful buildings in Singapore make the Fullerton Hotel a landmark. The overall experience was decent value for money as our entire group was staying at the same hotel and it was easier to attend the conferences in the same hotel without having to move around the city. The rooms are expensive but then thats what you have to pay for when you are staying at the Fullerton. The room was quite spacious with windows that open inside the hotel and I dont think there is any room with windows that open outside. The bed was super comfortable with ample amenities available in the room for your convenience. There is a mall right outside with a 7 Eleven where you go and get some mineral water supply as the hotel's complementary water bottle supply can run out soon. There is a bus station right outside the hotel where you can grab a very punctual bus and go visit the city. At the entrance of the hotel, there are always various cabs dropping off people so grabbing a cab or a taxi is not that big an issue as well although cabs can be a tad expensive in Singapore. The breakfast hall is well stocked with various items with fresh fruits, freshly baked bread and usual assortments help you start your day. We have lunch at the Fullerton for 7 days and the food was pretty good for a buffet.

Overall it was a very good hotel if you are staying as a business traveler with business meetings in the financial district or in the same hotel. The only issue that I would like to highlight was the problems we faced at the check-in. During checking in the hotel, my credit card (platinum) seemed not to be working and I had to pay in the hotel bill in cash. The room rate was SG$300++ for 6 nights and the reception asked me to deposit SG$3100 as cash advance with SG$1000 as incidentals which in my opinion was very excessive. I told the reception that I was carrying SG$ 2800 in advance and they asked me to deposit SG$ 2700 then leaving me with just a $100 on my arrival in Singapore. I had to go to Standard Chartered ATM to get some cash so that I could purchase a few essential items for the day. I was expecting the reception staff to take into consideration that a person has just landed and allow some leverage to incoming clients especially ones who are staying on as a corporate group. I have no issues paying extra or any other amount but it just seems very strange that as a corporate customer the hotel would try to secure as much cash advance as possible rather than helping the client settle down and then handle other issues. Secondly I asked my Norwegian colleagues if they had been charged so high for incidentals as well and they said no. This kind of made me and my other colleague feel second class clients but we did not raise the issue with anyone because we were here for a week and we didnt want to start the week with highlighting such issues. I raised issue after leaving the hotel with the general manager, Giovanni Viterale and he wrote back a detailed email which was very kind of him.

Fullerton Hotel is undoubtedly one of the greatest hotels in Singapore and if you want the Fullerton experience, you might want to book the hotel. For a personal trip, I believe there is better value for money in other hotels but as a business trip, Fullerton is second to none.

Room Tip: All rooms have windows which open inside so you can chose any room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Umair B
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels in Singapore and keep returning here for a few reasons. First, the refit colonial gem of a building is stunning and far more interesting than the Four Seasons for example (though the Ritz is very impressive in a modern minimalist way). Second, the location is ideal for business and also very central for tourists as well. The famous fountain for example is right in front of the hotel. Access to the creek is also wonderful. Finally the service is very good and repeat customers will know what I mean. While the gym is modest, the lap pool overlooking the creek is stunning.

Important note:
Half the hotel rooms look inward into the dome covered courtyard. While these rooms are quiet, they tend to be dark and have no view. Best bet is to specify that you want a room facing outward.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles R
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We normally stay at the Shangrila on Orchard road so that is our benchmark.
Our agent suggested the Fullerton on this occasion and we were certainly not disappointed
We had a great room overlooking the Bay and so had a wonderful view of the light show
A tip would be to try the international buffet it was fantastic value ,the food was wonderful and much more than we could eat
All in all great stay in a lovely hotel and you get the feeling that standards don't slip

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed 7 nights in The Fullerton to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary by playing golf and having fun in Singapore. It all started with efficient check-in followed by greetings from the hotel management. I mentioned our milestone when making the reservation and asked a room on upper floor. Booked Quay Room with King Bed and what did I get? Something much more than I expected. I knew The Fullerton is centre point of almost anything interesting in Singapore but yet I could not believe my eyes (enclosed photo).

Pros:
+ Location. Cannot get any better no matter what might be said about other hotels in the city.
+ View from the room. Priceless.
+ Friendly and über efficient staff. Kudos to two charming doormen and poolside manager (Sall?) who served us with constant smile on their faces.You need a taxi? There. Golf bags to be taken care of. Done. Towels or cold drinks. On their way.
+Housekeeping is discreet and courteous but insanely effective. Every time we returned to our room it was miraculously cleaned and our belongings were in military order.
+ Breakfast. Sumptuous and delicious. Gained over 2 kilos in just 7 days.

Cons:
- No bananas in the breakfast. Yes, this is very minor considering the variety and quality of food but as an avid runner and golfer I sometimes need something to grab for the road.
- Some competitors may offer bigger and newer rooms but given The Fullerton's pivotal location and level of service, it does not matter, really.

Would I visit The Fullerton again? Absolutely. It just became my new reference which everything else is measured against. (Previous reference: The Capitol Hotel Tokyu)

Room Tip: Book a room with Marina Bay view if you prefer a view to a kill. Riverside would be better option...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henrik H
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Visited Singapore many times previously but this hotel made the stay something very special. Fantastic location, tasteful decor in-keeping with colonial heritage, excellent staff. Food at every outlet was pure perfection. Can't stay anywhere else now that we have been this spoiled. Do not be put off by others saying its a business hotel. Sure, its location is ideal for business travel. We visited for recreation and felt it was a perfect choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed in a suite here for the last night of our honeymoon. A chauffeur trasnfer to and from the airport was included which made everything very stress free and easy. The suite was incredible, the service perfect. We ate at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel which was very good but probably not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. Was a pleasure to finally stay in this iconic Singapore hotel. It's expensive but worth it for a special occasion.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2-storey loft suite. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple