“Best venue to celebrate!”

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #22 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Fullerton is a place you will remembered for it's hospitality.

Wrote to them enquiring on special rates for room and dinner for our 10th wedding anniversary and a very helpful Ms Christeen Woon from Reservation Sales wrote back soon after, offering us specials for amenities in the room (which turns out to be premium chocolates and red wine). The accompanying card was signed off by a Ms Christy, titled Guest Historian and this led us to think that Fullerton is a hotel that may actually took the pains to 'catagorise' guests likes, dislikes and habits?

Not going to touch on the room as you get exactly what you for - spacious with good view (opt for quay room). Was however, surprised by an unwash cup lined with remnants of orange sacs when we check into the room.

What impressed us was the treatment given to the locals.. there was never the '2nd citizen' feeling a local may be subjected to in some of the local hotels. Wait staff in Town restaurant, where we had our dinner and breakfast were very efficient and were quick to clear dishes and top up drinks despite our table being the only Singaporean in a restaurant full of of overseas guest.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simplysomething
There are newer reviews for The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

Reviewed 11 January 2010

I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed with Fullerton Hotel. It is overrated and overpriced too!! This is written based on my experience staying in this hotel but may be different to others. For the rate I paid for the room, I expected that the room would be a bit bigger. It is rather small albeit their amazing view to the Esplanade/Marina Bay. The hotel is lovely, the lobby is elegant though the reception is a bit hidden somewhere at the back I supposed. The pool, the gym, everything is a bit smaller compared to other 5 star hotels I've been to in Singapore. I tried the Italian restaurant on top of the hotel. The steak was gooood although it is very much more expensive compared to other great hotel restaurants which serve good steak also (eg. Morton's).

Located a bit far away from the metro station so you should get a cab to the hotel. If you wanna walk down, it will be a bit of a walk, so forget it. Grab a cab! It is located opposite of the Esplanade, something I can see from my room (which is the good point of this hotel to me personally). The breakfast is awesome! Luckily they got it right, otherwise I would be very furious. HAHA! :)

All in all, Fullerton Hotel is overrated and obviously is overpriced. If you wanna try the most expensive hotel in Singapore, get here. Personally, I wouldn't want to dip into another disappointment with this hotel, I am seriously not coming back. Try to search for other 5 stars hotel nearby. They have better facilities, better rooms than Fullerton. I've been to lots of 5 stars hotel in Singapore and this hotel has brought the standard of five star hotels in Singapore to a lower level to me, personally speaking. Swissotel the Stamford is much worth the value with its great spacious room and the views are much better than Fullerton, and it's almost half of the price in Fullerton rooms.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2010

The Hotel was beautiful, Room was great and the service at the front desk was great. We booked the Valentines day Special which included a Quay room, champagne, and dinner. We arrived early and they still accomidated us even though we were 2 hours before check in. Our only two problems happened when we ordered room service for lunch, we found plastic peices in our food, and When we were supposed to have our Valintines day Dinner, they seemed to have forgot about us. 2 hours later and multiple calls to the front desk to find out what was going on, We finally were able to talk to the manager, and He sent our dinner up promptly and we were refunded the cost of the room, with an offer to us to let them try again on making our Fullerton Experience the best one we could have.Although our Valentines day was ruined, The Hotel was great, and The Management fixed our only greivences, even if it was 2 hours late. I will definitely go back again and will recomend highly to friends.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2010

My wife and I stopped in room 701 overlooking the Quay for the start of our Honeymoon - great room and really enjoyed the variety of food on offer - the couple spa was fab too!!
the hotel is in a great location to explore Signapore

had to comment on the outstanding service we received there.
from allowing me access to a top floor suite at night to take pictures to the comment of "please allow me to show you" proceeded by taking us to the business centre etc..
the courtesy bottle of champers also went down well

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We were so fortunate to be able to get a suite facing the fireworks. A few months prior to our arriving at the Fullerton I had been talking with the people at the reservation department. Her name is Vicky. She was most helpful. Knowing that there will be fireworks on the 31 Dec we requested a suite that would be on the higher floor facing the fireworks. There was no promises but eventually Vicky told us that it has been arranged. The months of emails writing was worth it. The view was incredible. Unobstructed view of the waters over which the fireworks was happening. Check out the pictures.

We were on the 8th floor. As usual, we made us of the Strait Club which offered breakfast, afternoon tea and all. Free internet was included which was nice.

The first night we got there both my wife and I took turns to look after the kids while the other went to the spa. We had the Balinese deep tissue massage, which was relaxing to say the least. My wife has a booking for the Head to toes treatment the day after, but she never made it as she got a cold...

The previous stay at the Fullerton we never tried any of the hotel restaurants. This time we were at the Jade for three different occasions. We tried the Seafood and Peking Duck set dinners which were sumptuous though we couldn't really bring ourselves to liking the dessert "Green Tea Tofu Dawn Shitake Mushroom ice-cream" form the seafood set. But on a second night with another family, they gave it to their two year old who seem to love it...but then two year old, they eat anything sweet. Overall I think the Seafood set was better. We had the Dim Sum buffet as well on 1 Jan. I have to say, now I understand the rave. Its actually pretty good. The quality of the food is very very good. Kids under five eat for free.

Overall there is nothing which we can fault the hotel.

Highly recommended. Would continue to stay in this hotel until we find another that can top it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Best river view and luxurious rooms. Adjacent to restaurants and downtown area. Very convenient for both leisure or business travelers.

Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2009

We stayed at the Fullerton for the first time after having visited Singapore many times,this was truly a step above the other hotels,
with a great choice of rooms,our room,an esplanade room,on a high floor had views to the harbour.
The breakfast on the terrace was always welcoming and the service exceptional.
The location of this hotel is perfect to explore boat quay and many of the main city attractions.Would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business