“Going Downhill Fast!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney
“Going Downhill Fast!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

I have stayed at the Fullerton many times - it used to be a five star hotel but on last two visits it has seriously decreased in value, service and attitude.
I couldn't believe how rude the staff were on our last stay and also how slovenly dressed they were - I have visited cafes where the staff were cleaner! They are rude and their attitude is one of 'could not care less' - this hotel has gone SO downhill it is hard to belive how they keep their 5 star rating - it is obviously the location and the building - both stunning - but have nothing to do with how the hotel is being run today. Service in the hotel is practically non existant - cannot deliver on room service for hours and staff in restaurant really do not care whether you have seats, food or drinks - it all seems too much for them! I never thought I wuold say this but next time I go to Singapore I will be looking for a different and REAL 5 star hotel - one where they take pride in the delivery of service to their GUESTS!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in May 2010 and find the hotel to be ok. I must attribute this to my overly high expectation before arriving. I heard and read a lot about Fullerton Hotel Singapore.

The room I got is Courtyard room and excluding the view, the room ambience, bed, design and etc is slightly out of date.

The only thing I like is the gym.

Location should not be matter as Singapore is well known for its 1st class public transportation.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

I stayed at the Fullerton for an investor’s conference for some of our key clients for 2-3 days and we had a good experience. The service is friendly and our relationship manager for the conference did a great job – ever accommodative. The hotel facilities for the conference were also nice and considering that we had around 40 rooms blocked with meetings going on simultaneously in at least 20-25 rooms followed by a gala dinner in one of their spacious banquet halls in the evening, the entire event went off smoothly. Food was good and the rooms spacious. The hotel is located on the boat quay with a beautiful view of the riverside and a number of restaurant and eateries dotting the bay. Lots of options for sea-food lovers. A great place for a walk or satisfying some hunger pangs. The Fullerton can also be considered for personal stay apart from business.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Jharkhand, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

I like the hotel and amazed by the service provided and room had a incredible view. I found out that there was hardly anything to complain. The staffs were patient and attended to all my needs & requests. I like their professionalism. Also, the GM was friendly. My stay here was well worth and as a frequent traveler to Singapore, I definitely will choose this hotel for my next stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

I was amazed by the way they have conserved the building and created a luxury interior without compromising the facade. Service staffs were warm and friendly. Their breakfast buffet was splendid. Room was Gorgeous. They even have a menu for the different types of pillows that you can request for. Thumbs up for The Fullerton. Its definitely the place to stay if you are in Singapore.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

Stayed here for 1 night for a business trip. Recommended by my Singaporean business partner, I had no doubt that Fullerton would be a good choice as it is just a walking distant to the venue of our event, Empress Place, but it was quite pricey, so I had to justify to my boss that choosing another hotel within that same financial district would cost just as much, hence I might as well settle for Fullerton.

When I arrived at the main entrance, the sight of fleet of vintage and luxurious sports cars at the valet area indicates that it is well received by the upper class. Being one of Sinagpore's most famous landmark Fullerton does not simply rely on its architectural grandeur and heritage as Singapore's previous General Post Office to attract people to stay. The service was equally excellent from the beautiful receptionist to the friendly bell boy. The lobby has a huge pool with koi fishes swimming freely in it. My room (Courtyard) had all the amenities that any 5-star would give. Too bad I spent only 5 hours sleeping on the super comfy bed (back from function at 2am and had to check out by 7am).

One thing I dislike about the hotel is that the building was actually hollow in the middle (like a box-shaped stadium with roof), hence when I took the lift at one end, I had to take a LONG walk to my room (approximately 2 minute from the lift). The breakfast spread was not as extensive as other 5-star hotels that I have been, but the taste and quality of the food were just yummy! Had my breakfast al fresco next to the river near Boat Quay with a fantastic morning view of Singaporean skyscrapers (now I know why the hotel is so expensive!).

Overall, had a good stay. Don't mind coming back (as long as my company's paying!)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

What can I say about a perfect stay? We managed to get a great Suite deal directly with the hotel and when checking in, we were upgraded to a larger suite as we were staying for 5 nights. The suite was terrific - very roomy and very comfortable. The Straits club access was worth the small amount extra as we had access to champagne breakfasts, afternoon teas as well as cocktail evenings. The hotel itself has a very elegant and luxurious feel to it. To compliment this, the staff here could not do enough for us. They were incredible and extremely friendly and very polite. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world, but the service we received here was possibly the best. The Hotel is in a great location for MRT which is handy to access most of the tourist attractions in Singapore. Also, close at hand are walks around the Marina and for dinner at Clarke Quay. However, if you don't feel like travelling too far, there are certainly many choices regarding eating in the hotel. Chinatown was only a short journey as well, and we loved the bargain shopping here. Very sad to leave this magnificent hotel with the terrific staff, but to sum it up, we would certainly recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple